The DBA TDay Ride Report

I decided to make the turkey ride a day trip this year so that Weathergeek and Agent2 wouldn't have a chance to liquor me up again. Even though I was picking up the bike more than I was riding it, I had a great time. Met some new faces and saw some new terrain.

Went for a quick first ride with Travace, redswr and 2 others to the sand hills. We didn't stop much and I forgot about the camera so no photos.

As soon as we got back, a few of us joined up with Dave and his son (the hill climbers) and went right back to the sand hills. Though this time we took much more single track :banana:.

Kory's pipe had seen better days. I don't think there was a spot on it that didn't have a dent.
IMG_6581.jpg

Dave making it.
IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

This was probably the only climb that Dave's son didn't make.
IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

We headed back to camp around 1pm for lunch. I then hooked up with KTMRack and crew for a trip out to the Goler area so he could show everyone the famous slide. He knew the route and detours like the back of this hand. It was a mix of familiar and new.

This particular section was familiar. A fun little run up a loose rock canyon. I was glad it was mostly shaded as my dusty goggles and direct sun made for instant blindness. The last little bit was full sun at which point I just hung on, gassed it and hoped to steer clear of the big rocks.
IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

We visited the slide and it didn't look as bad as I had remembered it. I remember having to make an immediate left but if you approach it at the right angle it is a straight shot. I didn't get to test the new outlook on it as we were only there to visit. We turned back and made our way down to the wash via another canyon farther North. This one was quite fun but too short.
IMG_6597.jpg

:thumb: right on for sharing the pics.

it was a lot of fun.

I decided to make the turkey ride a day trip this year so that Weathergeek and Agent2 wouldn't have a chance to liquor me up again. Even though I was picking up the bike more than I was riding it, I had a great time. Met some new faces and saw some new terrain.

Went for a quick first ride with Travace, redswr and 2 others to the sand hills. We didn't stop much and I forgot about the camera so no photos.

As soon as we got back, a few of us joined up with Dave and his son (the hill climbers) and went right back to the sand hills. Though this time we took much more single track :banana:.

Kory's pipe had seen better days. I don't think there was a spot on it that didn't have a dent.
IMG_6581.jpg

Dave making it.
IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

This was probably the only climb that Dave's son didn't make.
IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

We headed back to camp around 1pm for lunch. I then hooked up with KTMRack and crew for a trip out to the Goler area so he could show everyone the famous slide. He knew the route and detours like the back of this hand. It was a mix of familiar and new.

This particular section was familiar. A fun little run up a loose rock canyon. I was glad it was mostly shaded as my dusty goggles and direct sun made for instant blindness. The last little bit was full sun at which point I just hung on, gassed it and hoped to steer clear of the big rocks.
IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

We visited the slide and it didn't look as bad as I had remembered it. I remember having to make an immediate left but if you approach it at the right angle it is a straight shot. I didn't get to test the new outlook on it as we were only there to visit. We turned back and made our way down to the wash via another canyon farther North. This one was quite fun but too short.
IMG_6597.jpg

Those big hillclimb pics look familiar to me. Is there a sign at the bottom attached to a tree that says "Chupacabra"? If so I climbed those hills with my buddies when I was there. I could not make the left side though but my buddy on his CR500 cleaned it.

This years T-Day trip was one that I will never forget. No matter how hard I try. The weather wasn't the best for tent camping. With the high winds and below freezing temps, I was not a happy camper. A huge thanks to Weathergeek for letting Tim and I spend the night in his motorhome during the worst of the wind. Also, thanks to the Rack and Weathergeek families for sharing their T-Day feast with my bro and I. Good food, and alot of it. I wish I could've eaten more.
Even though the weather wasn't good, I did get a couple of good rides in. Until my bike broke, that is:cry:. Half way thru my third day I needed a truck to get me back to camp. After getting home and taking the bike apart, the problem was found. A thrust bearing and the rod bearing came apart. That means splitting the cases and probably 600-700 dollars in parts and alot of nights in the garage.
I'm also disappointed that I didn't get to ride with James. From what I hear, he wasn't given an easy introduction to desert riding.
It sounds like most everbody had fun and that's all that matters. I can't wait for next year. :ride:

James, this is the deseert, desert this is James...here ya go...you 2 get along now and play nice ya hear! :smirk:

James

Staff member
I'm also disappointed that I didn't get to ride with James. From what I hear, he wasn't given an easy introduction to desert riding.

James, this is the deseert, desert this is James...here ya go...you 2 get along now and play nice ya hear! :smirk:
:lol: Yeah no kidding, they just wanted dirt nap photos. :moon:

I did go through some of the helmet cam footage and it doesn't look like I was recording when I "hugged" that rock. :mmph: I really wanted to see that, as it had to have looked funnier then :bleep: :lol:

I do have to give a shout out to Trey (sp?) aka tamuri07, for helping me out, thanks man. :thumb:
The slide endo left no visual marks.:devil:
:lol: The word "irony" comes to mind in this situation. :P