The DBA TDay Ride Report

I felt like these pics belonged in this thread.

f2d409f8.jpg

244-i-wonder-if-id-fit-my-ogio-9800-img_20101015_224349-jpg

James, how did you get those SWEET window pics from in your bag? in the FedEx jet... :lol:

I'm back from the meet, due to having to spend actual Thanksgiving with family.
First off, let me say it was cold, no, it was effin cold, and windy. But still a lot of fun. Riding during the day, eating like royalty at night, better food than a four star hotel, and lots of it. And of course the tequila flowed like water.
Weathergeeks family is heading up Wednesday, so luckily I was able to use the couch in his RV. Thanks for the accommodations and food Bruce.

Couple of views from inside Weathergeeks warm RV
IMAG0002-5.jpg

IMAG0003-3.jpg

When not riding, we stayed inside, ate, drank, watched TV, and shot the bull.
WG and Ryan taking it easy
IMAG0004-3.jpg

Little Garret took a header during a ride, ended up with a hurt wrist and a bit of a shiner on one eye, but the little trooper got back on his bike and rode the rest of the afternoon
IMAG0005-1.jpg

Taking a break during the best weather in three days
IMAG0008-4.jpg

Weather is supposed to get a lot better after Wednesday, and we snagged a large spot at Prospectors, so if you are heading up, there will be a spot for you.
That's all the photos I have, but I am sure more will be posted when the others get back.

I'm back from the meet, due to having to spend actual Thanksgiving with family.
First off, let me say it was cold, no, it was effin cold, and windy. But still a lot of fun. Riding during the day, eating like royalty at night, better food than a four star hotel, and lots of it. And of course the tequila flowed like water.
Weathergeeks family is heading up Wednesday, so luckily I was able to use the couch in his RV. Thanks for the accommodations and food Bruce.

Couple of views from inside Weathergeeks warm RV
IMAG0002-5.jpg

IMAG0003-3.jpg

When not riding, we stayed inside, ate, drank, watched TV, and shot the bull.
WG and Ryan taking it easy
IMAG0004-3.jpg

Little Garret took a header during a ride, ended up with a hurt wrist and a bit of a shiner on one eye, but the little trooper got back on his bike and rode the rest of the afternoon
IMAG0005-1.jpg

Taking a break during the best weather in three days
IMAG0008-4.jpg

Weather is supposed to get a lot better after Wednesday, and we snagged a large spot at Prospectors, so if you are heading up, there will be a spot for you.
That's all the photos I have, but I am sure more will be posted when the others get back.

Sounds like you had a great time and more fun is yet to come...:ride:...:banana:...:thumb:

Man wish I could be there. :cry:

Who took your "MAN CARDS"? :devil: Hell, even I am going for the post Tday time. I am staying in a hotel in Ridgecrest though, I am a "PUSSY", but I still carry my MAN CARD! :P Really, I would be tenting and the nights are to cold for me to try and be happy. My shoulder is still "F"ed up and I am a little on the sick side so I decided for 72 bucks I can stay 14 miles north in a cozy room. :blah: :blah: :blah: See the rest of you in less than 42 hours. :ride: :banana:

J/K boys, tung and cheek!
Wish we could all be there for the whole week.

My MAN CARD was temporarily revoked by the Doctor for broken bones and the unemployment line for lack of income. I'll be there from Dec 26th-Jan 02 for sure though. Doc said he would give the MAN CARD back for that trip.:thumb:

I also live 8 hours or more from Ridgecrest.

here you go RM... an update from me :smirk:

got the bike ready today and heavily modified my underarmor (actually a streetbike protector) so that my Leatt would fit right. I started up my bike to warm it up to change the oil and it was popping and wouldn't run worth a crap so i started diagnosing... turns out my air/fuel screw fell all the way out :banghead: So i finally got that back in and tried tuning it... after about 30min i called my race mechanic and asked him to come over. Just after i called i just screwed it all the way in and started spinning it out randomly, no one turn at a time like last time, and boo ya! got it running cherry! Hopefully it won't fall out in the middle of the dez. Heres a pretty poor pic of my bike with the new white fender and DBA stickers :smirk:

f6549394.jpg

James is finding not riding on a nice groomed track may not be his cup of tea. I know of at least one dirt nap by the James already. Lol. Poor James

SRAD97750

Staff member
BIG DAN's Spangler RR

OK. I'm back due to some drama at home. So here's my RR for Monday and tuesday.

Arrived around noon monday and unloaded the truck and set up camp.
Rode off to an MX track I had plotted on the GPS. Ran laps around the UNmaintained track for an hour and headed back to camp as darkness crept over.

S 009.jpg

S 017.jpg

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, It was ABOVE freezing... so we camped in the back of the truck under the stars.

Met Weathergeek, Timoyz, Rolls, Dustdevil, agent2, and onelugnut around the fire and threw back a few beers! Nice meeting you guys!!!

As we set off to head back to our truck via motos with no helmets, the beer got a hold of my brother and he managed to fall over twice under his bike. Some laughter later, we set back to our private camp and started dinner.

S 014.jpg

Tuesday morning was WINDY compared to monday. We arose just after dawn and headed for the train tunnel. Rode back through DBA camp... nobody awake yet...

Hit the sandhills for nearly 3 hours. Rode back through DBA camp, nobody ready to ride or had already left...

Rode the Goler gulch loop to the Radar tower and back through to the MX track until near 4PM.

We rode near 90 miles tuesday and probably 20 monday. Of course my GPS took a crap on monday... so we were using landmarks to navigate... FUN FUN FUN

PLEASE WATCH IN 480p.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWx2zAozGXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F53FF-sJQGc

We are trying to make a DAY ride on Saturday and meet up with the rest of you donkeys!!!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

James

Staff member
Alright, you guys are seriously slacking. Not even one little pic or report from today yet!
:noidea: No cell service.
James is finding not riding on a nice groomed track may not be his cup of tea. I know of at least one dirt nap by the James already. Lol. Poor James
:devil: Only one? :lol:
please tell me someone (rack) got a pic of that.:smirk: whats he riding on anyway?
:lol: I got up before Rack could there, so I had to lay back down for a dirt nap photo. :smirk: