Ride at the REZ - Ride Report

Darn, it's 1:25 already and I have not gotten dressed or unloaded my truck. I need to take a break here and get some stuff done. Day two later.

SUN INTERMISSION TIME....

I got home, took a shower, and was asleep by about 8pm. My trucks not getting unloaded until this evening.

Not only was the riding good but we did see this lizard the size of a large shoe, sort of. Timo and his eagle eye saw it walking across this rock. Also on the trail was this rock walking across the trail which turned out to be a relatively small tortoise. :shocked: Up at the abandoned tower we found a horned toad lizard which I have not see one of those in years. :thinking: Timo was confident we were going to find his snake up at the tower as well, which made me skeptical about going up there as I am not fond of rattle snakes but he bailed on us before we got there. :thumb:
It's hard to see, but if you blow it up, it is there.:prof:

Great time, good seeing Geekster, Irish Hill, Timoyz and Cleonard again, nice meeting Sun, Shefixit, 530KTM, and thanks to Rezrider for hosting.
For me, it started off with some a-hole tailgating me on 247, turns out it was Timo. Good thing for me, I let him pass and followed him to the rez
14-1.jpg

The rest of the gang showed up, off we went
14-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

14-4.jpg

Up the canyon
14-5.jpg

14-6.jpg

14-7.jpg

14-8.jpg

14-9.jpg

Where we came from and where we are going
14-10.jpg

14-11.jpg

Almost at the top
14-12.jpg

14-13.jpg

14-14.jpg

Taking a break
14-15.jpg

14-16.jpg

Some mugshots
14-17.jpg

14-18.jpg

14-19.jpg

14-20.jpg

14-21.jpg

Shortly after this, we ended up at the eatin' place, us and a bunch of cowboys. Ate, drank, and felt like taking a nap. After that, more sand, ended up at Giant Rock
14-22.jpg

14-23.jpg

As posted, we were already beat by this time, El Diablo finished by kicking our ass one more time.
The culprit
14-26.jpg

We finally made it back to camp, tired from the ride and still full from lunch, we munched on snacks, lit the bonfire, drank and shot the bull before calling it a night.
Next morning, the crew took off for another ride, I decided to call it a day and head home
Everyone telling me I'm number one
14-25.jpg

14-27.jpg

Even though some mechanical gremlins popped up, it was a great ride, with great people. Thanks to all of you, and thanks again to RezRider for setting all of this up, let's do it again soon.
Even though I packed up and headed home, There was still one more adventure waiting for me, more on that later.

Good God Sun - :shocked: That eye looks like something from Start Trek. I hope it is getting better by now. :thumb:
First let me start by saying Im allergic to the bushes that grow ALL OVER the desert! Combine that with inhaling them while riding and this is what happens to my eyes and I get a rash all over that is worse then poison oak. The pic is blurry and that is a good thing:rolleyes:
IMG_5401.jpg

Pretty huh?

Finally after Geek turns his gas on we're off! :lol: Actually I dont remember exactly if that was when he discovered it was off, I just remember him saying at one point he realized it was. Funny thing about that is we hit more sand:shocked: and got spilt up and then reconnected again. I named this wash "Jesus Wash" because there is a big sign that sits above this wash that says "Jesus." And it is just what I was thinking. Jesus! More deep sand? Where we had reconnected I looked down at my bike and see I've been blowing oil. I panic:panic: A2 wipes it off and tells me it is blowing from the hose and I should be good but we will keep an eye on it. I trust them because I dont know jack. But I do know I didnt get very far down the wash again before I realized my gas was off:doh::lol:

We get back to the Rez and off Geek and IPete go. We wished them well and hoped they wouldnt be put on restriction. The evening was so beautiful that night. Warm sun, cool breeze. We sat around and had some drinks and told Rez he didnt need to cook up a meal after the Husky wore him out. We had dogs, dip and drinks:thumb:

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

A2 is a Fashionista
IMG_5302.jpg

Cleonard and SheFixIt
IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg
WE were already pathetically late. I couldn't believe my bike, Mr. reliable bike, would not start.:foul::foul::foul: Just added to the day and Tim's continued waving at me.:foul::lol:. I still don't know what caused the hiccup that one time. Either vapor lock or my vent hose on my gas cap was blocked. It started fine several more times after that.

Looks like you guys 'n girls had a blast :thumb: You know a ride isn't a ride unless one of the bikes has a problem,hopefully it's fixable and you can keep going.I've had a few flats on the trail and fixed 'em on the spot...

I was checking out the big rock and noticed a huge chunk of it had broken off..? I like the idea of having a beer to wash down the dust :thumb:

Looks like you guys 'n girls had a blast :thumb: You know a ride isn't a ride unless one of the bikes has a problem,hopefully it's fixable and you can keep going.I've had a few flats on the trail and fixed 'em on the spot...

I was checking out the big rock and noticed a huge chunk of it had broken off..? I like the idea of having a beer to wash down the dust :thumb:

The word is, that hippies some years back, built a bonfire one night, and it broke the next early morning. If you don't know the story of all the crap out there with Van Tassel/Giant Rock/SpyMountain, it's a interesting read.

I was going to post some video of the Chuckawalla but it is still loading on vimeo. Damn lizard is so camouflaged it is hard to see him.

Rise and shine Cleonard
IMG_5336.jpg

The tortoise Timoys spotted on the way to the Telcom tower. Palmer's purdy KTM in the background.
IMG_5342.jpg

What do you know...a DBA sign in the middle of no where. Timoys had nothing to do with it.
IMG_5351.jpg

Cleonard looking happy to have Gatorade in the desert.
IMG_5348.jpg

Telcom Tower
IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5363.jpg

photo-5.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

I have a couple of not so exciting clips from the petroglyphs but they are still loading.

A sign of a good time.
IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

On the way home we saw this guy who was smoking a cigar on the frwy and drinking a big 64oz
IMG_5388.jpg

GOOD TIMES:banana: Thanks again Rez and Timoys:thumb: