Ride at the REZ - Ride Report

Am outta bed and ready for work (not)after 360 miles of driving. No wind but just a flurry for us but cold. My body hurts in places today I did not know existed. Had Sun, Shefixit, Rez, Timoyz, Cleonard, Agent 2, Irish Hill,and myself on this ride. Did 65 miles of mostly fairly deep sand wash and some road. Beautiful scenery out at the rez and VERY unhappy I could not stay for the night with the gang. There are a set of new 4 letter words that I have discovered too... SAND WASH. Had a great time, fell several times as did most everybody:foul:. Timoyz led the group and did a fine time of it. Had a great lunch at Pappy and Harriets. Weather was perfect, not much wind and 75 degrees. Can't wait to see the pics from Timo. Thanks again to all involved especially Mr. Rez who was a great host. The Rez will be a great place to go to, ride and hang. Last comment is for Tim who is great liar.:finger::finger::finger::prof::wave:

RR #1...Saturday ...day 1...I have no pic's to share, Timo's got a few, A2's got some and so does Sun...not sure about any others.

Got there Friday night set up the rez...hooked up the trailer, power, etc, etc. Weatehr was cool butnot cold. Got up Sat AM to short sleeve weather at 6:30...Timo and A2 showed up roughly around 7:30...then Cleonard, Geek & Irish Hill, then Sun and SheFixIt....unloaded, chatted a little geared up and took off to a day of helll.....uhhhh fun. We decided to go on the Rattle Snake Canyon ride up and over the MOUNTAIN to Pioneer Taon to Pappy and Harriets for lunch. Geek and IH had to leave by 3:00 to get home for antoerh gig they needed to be at...Timo said, "NO PROBLEM, it's an easy ride...worst part is getting to the canyon" :foul:...With the whoops out of the way we started up the canyon deeeeeeeeeeeep sand....:foul:...We came up on a group of Jeepers. We stopped to take a break. When i pulled up I put my foot down and sank into the sand resulting in dumping the bike...I picked "IT" (as I will call it at this time...new name IT later) up and went and sat down. Time to saddle up for the next :foul: miles of saaaaaaaaaaaaand. I tried but could'nt start IT, everyone had a go of it. Timo gave it a couple kicks when IT bit back and slapped him in the back fothe leg. He went down for a few and got up limping. I felt bad :cry: for a minute. Finally got it started :banana:. We took off and just aroudn the corner we come across a little trickle of water made the saaaaaaaaaaaand a little more tollerable. Got through that made a few more stops along the way where we had to wait for Geek...he was serious about ridign sweeper on this ride...Poor guy, once he caught up and Timo saw him he took off. On one stop he came aroudn the corner everyone tok off, I stayed and waited for him...he rolled up with a blank stare in his eyes looking straight ahead. I asked him if he needed a break, he never even looked at me just shook his head and said "I'm good" so off we went. Finally got out of THAT wash and onto hard pack...started seeing a lot of Joshua trees and pines mixed, I knew we were close to the top...then started seeing cabins, homes, ranches then came across the burned out quads that Timo had posted pics of a while back...weird site to see. Made our way through a small residential area :devil: at the posted 10mph:devil: :devil: :devil: then back onto dirt...then into ANOTHER FRICKEN WASH.....Geek was so thilled at this he could hardly hold back his emotions:foul: :foul: :foul:...TIMO's A LIAR...EASY MY ASS....I didn't actually hear this but I'm sure it was being thought of by several if not most! Close to our destination andthe last wash we lost IH and Geek, they turned right instead of left....we heard em just couldn't see em. so we waited. Thankfully the trail they picked was dead end (a nice "look out" spot. We got back together..oh and mind you there were a couple more instances where IT wouldn't start without many attempts. We finally get to Pappy and Harriets. the place is crawlign with people...we foudn a couple tables inside, gave our orders just to hear the kitchens really backed up and our order will be a litle late. By this time there was no way were going to back to the rez by 3:00 so when Geek and IH hear this they were thrilled to no end...:foul:...We told them they could hop on the 247 and be back there in 15 minutes :smirk:...:devil:...they decided not to chance it. Had a great lunch, sorry no picks you have to trust us however I will NEVER order chilly again when on a ride!:foul:...we gear up, saddle up and IT won't start. I'm cussing liek a sailor when a guy and his wife and kid walks by and says "bet that'll be the last Husky YOU ever own...":finger:..even though the thought did go thru my mind I gave him the fuck you look through my helmet and polarized goggles :smirk:. I get it started and head to GIANT ROCK...not much sand to speak of and what there was was easier to ride in...we get to Giant Rock...Geek and IH are LATEa dreading the ride home let alone the greeting they're going to get once they get there. We gear up, get on the bikes and IT...or should I say EL DIABLO won't freeeeeeekin start AGAIN. We got to the point that A2 pulled me and bump started it pretty quick...what a relief (many thanks to A2 and Timo for havign the strap). The Geek's bike won't start...I thinking what a fricken relief...the lime light is off of me for a little bit. He finally gets his bike going and the ride back is nothing but road BUT no one knows which one to take so we just ride in THAT direction. Almost to the highway and EL DIABLO runs outof gas...:foul: :foul: :foul:...I turn on reserve, kcik andno start kcik and kick and kick...:foul:. I turn off the gas...oh yeah, this had become part fo the routine on and off, on and off...didn't seem to matter what position it was in it started whenever IT wanted to.) Turned the gas off and the choke on BAMMMM El Diablo sparked back to life. we're on our way however now at the highway where do we cross???? we skirt the highway on a little single track (kind of) I'm following A2, he's behind SheFixIt and SUN when I see SheFixIt's helmet bob, then a cloud of dust...all of a sudden I ride up and A2 has gone down into a ditch. I can't stop without rolling into it...he's laying off to the side on his back in the ditch. I roll down into the ditch and land MAYBE 6" inches from hitting him in the Johnson :eek:...that was the look I saw on his face...He heard me yelling Oh FUuuuuuuuudge (not quite, more like the holy mother of cuss words.)...we wound up laughing since niether of us got hurt...got back up both bikes started :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: and off we went...Grouped back up and made our way back to the rez part of itwas cros country ending up riding across my ASSHOLE neighbors property "F" him I'm home! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:...First thing that came to mind was "I amd too tired and sore, no way am I going to grill anything tonight...mroe to come...I have to take a break! There will be more input I'm am sure if it hasn'talready been posted.

And now for the pain report......

My left leg..The HAMMER OF THOR is so sore from trying to start "EL DIABLO" so affectionately named by Agent 2...I told him I was going to have stickers made for it.
Calves are crying
Quads are cramping
Biceps are balling
I've got a touch of "monkey butt" :shocked: no baboon ass...:moon:...:thumb:
My ManGina hurts :cry:Taint nothing like it...Thanks Timo for that one. I'm thining of replacing theseat with a piece of 2x4, that'd be a huge improvement. :foul:
I'm sunburned from sitting out yesterdays ride...:smirk:

It hurts to stand up after sitting down fora while, I can hardly climb the stairs so I'm trying to find as much desk/PC work :devil: as possible so I don't have to go downstairs...:cry:

All in ALL a worth while adventure for sure...can't wait for the next trip.

Thank you all that came out to the rez, you're all more than welcome to come out to the next ride at the rez... (I'm thinking some time between Labor Day and Halloween) not that I was expecting any problems but ya just never know! :banana:

Thank you Rez for having all of us DBA folks out for a beautiful day in the desert. Timo, you did a great job of showing me around areas I never knew existed, especially those sand washes and river beds of rocks. :thinking: Too bad I missed the Geek for Saturday's riding adventures. :devil: The wind was perfect for riding but on the way home it almost blew me off the road over by Camp Rock. :shocked: Looking forward to what pictures were taken even though Timo lost his card. :rant:Looking forward to the next adventure come fall. After reading the report from Saturday, I think I lucked out with the Sunday excursion. :P

Day 1 continued........this may happen perdically through the week depending on what I keep remebering...:smirk:

I know there was more going on other than El Diablo causing trouble...we decided on El Diablo since HELL BITCH was taken! :foul:...Geek took a nap..no pic's didn't really happen but he said he heard a pop in his knee...he says there's no pain but is making noise when he bends it. Hope it's OK Geek!

Getting back to the ending of the day 1 ride...as mentioned Geek and Irish Hil had to "leave the rez" by 3:00...we didn't leave Pappy and Harriets until 3 or later...I think we pulled into the rez at 5-5:30...they were up shit creek...SheFixIt suggested they stop at the nearest sproting goods store and pick up a couple paddles, they're going to need em. I hope the greetings by the wives wasn't TOO bad...:shocked::rant::foul::cry::hug::sorry::cripple:I was envisioning most of this happening! :smirk:...

I hate to disappoint everyone, but all the early pictures I took were lost at Pappy & Harriets when I dropped my camera and the SD card fell out without me seeing it.:foul: It was a great trip even considering the loss of the card, and losing my clutch before the ride even started. Everyone weathered the both days real well, no matter what I threw at them, you all get A's for the effort you put in. I knew it wasn't going to be liked at the time, but the memories would be loved. :thumb:
Some big thank yous to Rez, for inviting us all out to his little piece of heaven. :hail: Cleonard and A2 for always giving 110% to helping get that Damn Husky started. After my 3rd kick at it, I was useless for doing anything. :smirk: WG, and Irish Hill for having a good attitude, even when they knew they were both toast when they got home 4 hours late. :lol: Last but not least, Sun, and She Fix It, for the rocking drinks (Vodka Tonics), snacks (Blue Cheese dip, Butter Snaps, and spicey sweet pickles) and the Dogs with that freaking awesome salad. I guess I ruined Rez's planned dinner when we all came back stuffed from P&H. :noidea:

Only a few pictures that I was able to take on my cameras memory.

The left over chili nachos at P&H
Rez Ride 2011 001.jpg

El Diablo :smirk:
Rez Ride 2011 002.jpg

WG watching time go by. :lol:
Rez Ride 2011 003.jpg

Sundays ride we hit Northern JV where nottoo many people visit. Up top at the telcom tower.
Rez Ride 2011 004.jpg

We also hit the petroglyphs where we saw this dude. biggest lizard I've ever seen in the Dez. :thumb:
Rez Ride 2011 005.jpg

Rez locking up the Rez
Rez Ride 2011 006.jpg

Sun, and Cleonard getting ready to head home
Rez Ride 2011 007.jpg

Even though there's only a few pic's it is proof that the rez does exist...:P... Thanks Timo. Wish those of you that couldn't make it for whatever reason could have come...Next time! :thumb: for a long weekend. :ride:

SUN, that salad was excellent...I'm thinking chop up some grilled romaine (not soggy :P) and use it! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Not to take away anything AT ALL from the Husky monument and what it stands for...there were times on our Saturday ride where I almost created a Husky 2 monument....:foul:...friggin bike! :blah: :blah: :blah:...I know, more riding stories......I have to dig into my gray matter and see what I can muster. I know A2 has some pic's...you'll have to wait for him to upload them!

I missed all of this whining I keep hearing about. :shocked: Sunday was a perfect riding day or perhaps they were just taking it easy for me. :thinking:

Dave...you seem like a nice guy but "I got your whining right here".........:smirk:...you missed out on THE ride although Tim said he worked you guys pretty hard yesterday! He begged me not to go...:devil:

Even though there's only a few pic's it is proof that the rez does exist...:P... Thanks Timo. Wish those of you that couldn't make it for whatever reason could have come...Next time! :thumb: for a long weekend. :ride:

SUN, that salad was excellent...I'm thinking chop up some grilled romaine (not soggy :P) and use it! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Not to take away anything AT ALL from the Husky monument and what it stands for...there were times on our Saturday ride where I almost created a Husky 2 monument....:foul:...friggin bike! :blah: :blah: :blah:...I know, more riding stories......I have to dig into my gray matter and see what I can muster. I know A2 has some pic's...you'll have to wait for him to upload them!

So, maybe trade that EL Diablo off for a Fish :thinking: They seem to run good in and OUT of the water. :P