Ride at the REZ - Ride Report

Definitely a weekend to remember. My wife was cool, Irish Hill's wife, not so cool. Didn't walk in my front door till 9:40pm. Should have been home by 6pm.:lol: Great group and lots of fun. The jury is still out on the knee. I fell the first time and bruised the hell out of it by landing on a rock. Still have a purple baseball size bruise on the side of it. However, that was not the trouble. After we sat and rested when EL DIABLO would not start, I took off last and while trying to get up on plane in the sand, started swapping, grabbed too much throttle, and went over backwards doing a split. Right before I hit the ground, I feel and hear what sounds like popping or a tearing sound.:shocked::shocked::devil::foul: My knee is already swollen from the bruise earlier, so I can't tell at that point if it is bad or not. I ride the rest of the day and there is no pain or weakness, just the swelling from the bruise.

So here it is Monday, my whole body still hurts :smirk: the swelling is down some, no real pain, but just this clicking noise when I walk. We will see what the future brings especially when I see the physical therapist tomorrow. The difference this time, is there is no pain, just a little discomfort and I can still walk unlike the first time when I could barely move.

Thanks again Mr. Rez for showing us a good time.:thumb:

Looks like a great time out there! :thumb: Sorry to have missed, hope to make the next one!

Sun, dang you got it bad this time. I KEEP telling ya to pop a Claritin (it's not the same as Benedryl, which makes you sleepy). Look for any generic brand allergy med that has 10 mg of Loratadine non-drowsey (it's the same stuff as Claritin at 3/4 less cost). Break in 1/2 if your worried about it making you feel weird (it shouldn't make you feel anything at all or sleepy), and take the night before you head out to the dez, then repeat every 12 or 24 hours while your out there. Better than getting that puffy eye and a rash. Seriously, you look totally vasoactive and anaphylatic, it's from releasing too much histamine. If you're getting it worse each time, it could effect your breathing. Buy the stuff, or I'm going to put one in your beer next time. :rant::P :smirk:

Before we even crested the hill you could smell the BBQ of this place:drool: It was nice to take a break. I felt bad for WG and IP because even at this point my gut was thinking they wernt going to make their engagement.
Rez, Geek and Irish
IMG_5274.jpg

Irish, SheFixIt, A2
IMG_5272-1.jpg

There is just something about riding up to a establishment and parking in the Harley zone that is gratifying:lol: Timoys planned this after we ate and right before we rolled out. He was all nervous looking over his shoulder at the bikers sitting at the table behind him and the waitress that kept coming out the door. I was laughing and waiting to take a pic of him doing this
IMG_5275_2.jpg

Looks like a great time out there! :thumb: Sorry to have missed, hope to make the next one!

Sun, dang you got it bad this time. I KEEP telling ya to pop a Claritin (it's not the same as Benedryl, which makes you sleepy). Look for any generic brand allergy med that has 10 mg of Loratadine non-drowsey (it's the same stuff as Claritin at 3/4 less cost). Break in 1/2 if your worried about it making you feel weird (it shouldn't make you feel anything at all or sleepy), and take the night before you head out to the dez, then repeat every 12 or 24 hours while your out there. Better than getting that puffy eye and a rash. Seriously, you look totally vasoactive and anaphylatic, it's from releasing too much histamine. If you're getting it worse each time, it could effect your breathing. Buy the stuff, or I'm going to put one in your beer next time. :rant::P :smirk:

I really need to:banghead: It is getting worse each time. I could hear myself breathing out there this time:rolleyes: I think the bushes in bloom make it worse. I wish you could have been there Diva. You and others were missed:cry:

Definitely a weekend to remember. My wife was cool, Irish Hill's wife, not so cool. Didn't walk in my front door till 9:40pm. Should have been home by 6pm.:lol: Great group and lots of fun. The jury is still out on the knee. I fell the first time and bruised the hell out of it by landing on a rock. Still have a purple baseball size bruise on the side of it. However, that was not the trouble. After we sat and rested when EL DIABLO would not start, I took off last and while trying to get up on plane in the sand, started swapping, grabbed too much throttle, and went over backwards doing a split. Right before I hit the ground, I feel and hear what sounds like popping or a tearing sound.:shocked::shocked::devil::foul: My knee is already swollen from the bruise earlier, so I can't tell at that point if it is bad or not. I ride the rest of the day and there is no pain or weakness, just the swelling from the bruise.

So here it is Monday, my whole body still hurts :smirk: the swelling is down some, no real pain, but just this clicking noise when I walk. We will see what the future brings especially when I see the physical therapist tomorrow. The difference this time, is there is no pain, just a little discomfort and I can still walk unlike the first time when I could barely move.

Thanks again Mr. Rez for showing us a good time.:thumb:

That happened to Diva after her knee surgery. She slipped out of the motorhome. Said she heard noise after that. She can elaborate. I hope you feel better Geek. It was nice to see and ride with you again. I wish you guys could have stayed the night. It was a pleasant night. I think everyone got a bruise this trip. I didnt dig the sand but I was lucky this weekend only dumping it gently Sunday. Im a little bruised from hugging the bike but all is well, whew!

Sun;52151There is just something about riding up to a establishment and parking in the Harley zone that is gratifying:lol: Timoys planned this after we ate and right before we rolled out. He was all nervous looking over his shoulder at the bikers sitting at the table behind him and the waitress that kept coming out the door. I was laughing and waiting to take a pic of him doing this [IMG:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/DirtNSun/IMG_5275_2.jpg[/IMG]
Good Job Sun, now there is evidence of who is putting them up. Though said sticker bandit has his face covered..:devil:

On to GIANT ROCK:shocked: And it was just that!
IMG_5280.jpg

This is where we took a break that Geek was probably saying in his helmet WTF? LETS GO!!!:smirk: So off we tried to go. And tried, and tried, and tried....:lol:

I wasnt much help so I sat in the shade. Then after a while I got on the bike and found a rock to ride up and off a dozen times.
IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

All excited we got the Husky going, were ready to go but WAIT! Geek's:foul: bike wont start now!
IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

On to GIANT ROCK:shocked: And it was just that!
IMG_5280.jpg

This is where we took a break that Geek was probably saying in his helmet WTF? LETS GO!!!:smirk: So off we tried to go. And tried, and tried, and tried....:lol:

I wasnt much help so I sat in the shade. Then after a while I got on the bike and found a rock to ride up and off a dozen times.
IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

All excited we got the Husky going, were ready to go but WAIT! Geek's:foul: bike wont start now!
IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

And fora short moment the lime light was off of me....:banana:....but then, I ran out of gas on the last stretch back home...:foul:...but wait, I have reserve...:banana:...but wait, i have to restart the devil bike....:foul:...3-4 kicks and no luck...i roll it over to the opposite side of the road so I can stand on the left side and kick with my right leg AND I turned on the choke...(gas off, choke on...WTF :rolleyes:...BAMMM...:banana:...off and running again! Now it's catch up time...:ride:

Finally after Geek turns his gas on we're off! :lol: Actually I dont remember exactly if that was when he discovered it was off, I just remember him saying at one point he realized it was. Funny thing about that is we hit more sand:shocked: and got spilt up and then reconnected again. I named this wash "Jesus Wash" because there is a big sign that sits above this wash that says "Jesus." And it is just what I was thinking. Jesus! More deep sand? Where we had reconnected I looked down at my bike and see I've been blowing oil. I panic:panic: A2 wipes it off and tells me it is blowing from the hose and I should be good but we will keep an eye on it. I trust them because I dont know jack. But I do know I didnt get very far down the wash again before I realized my gas was off:doh::lol:

We get back to the Rez and off Geek and IPete go. We wished them well and hoped they wouldnt be put on restriction. The evening was so beautiful that night. Warm sun, cool breeze. We sat around and had some drinks and told Rez he didnt need to cook up a meal after the Husky wore him out. We had dogs, dip and drinks:thumb:

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

A2 is a Fashionista
IMG_5302.jpg

Cleonard and SheFixIt
IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg