Leatt's fixing to get jacked

I'm wearing it right now :thumb: adjustment appears to be very mission critical, there are different bolt holes on the back to adjust it. it has a 4 piece harness system, the top is plastic. Haven't ridden with it, but walking around my house its extremely comfy. put the helmet on, and I can actually move my head in this thing, which I could not with the leatt adventure. best part is I got it for under 100 :applause:

I'm wearing it right now :thumb: adjustment appears to be very mission critical, there are different bolt holes on the back to adjust it. it has a 4 piece harness system, the top is plastic. Haven't ridden with it, but walking around my house its extremely comfy. put the helmet on, and I can actually move my head in this thing, which I could not with the leatt adventure. best part is I got it for under 100 :applause:

pics or it didn't happen

pics or it didn't happen

100_0337.jpg

100_0336.jpg

these are the adjustment slots I was talking about
100_0338.jpg

100_0339.jpg

100_0340.jpg

appears to put ALOT on the collar bone and sternum
100_0341.jpg

James

Staff member
If you (or any one else) ever buys a Leatt make sure to get the Club model as it'll allow you to adjust the front a rear decks. :thumb:

Can you adjust the length of this brace or is it one size fits all?

appears to put ALOT on the collar bone and whatever that thingy in the center of your rib cage is :picard:
:shocked: That's not good! One little crash and POP goes your clavicle (still better then a broken neck though). :cripple:

The weight should be distributed to your sternum (center of rib cage) and the upper back/shoulder muscles (traps). If you look at the newer Leatt's and Alphinestars braces you'll see that they've made the clavicle cutouts even bigger.

If you (or any one else) ever buys a Leatt make sure to get the Club model as it'll allow you to adjust the front a rear decks. :thumb:

Can you adjust the length of this brace or is it one size fits all?

:shocked: That's not good! One little crash and POP goes your clavicle (still better then a broken neck though). :cripple:

The weight should be distributed to your sternum (center of rib cage) and the upper back/shoulder muscles (traps). If you look at the newer Leatt's and Alphinestars braces you'll see that they've made the clavicle cutouts even bigger.
on that note it is a one size fits all.

it may, it may not, I can noticably feel it in that area, its just that it does still run over it rather than having cut outs....

Flake, I agree about the Omega thing.

Personally...I think all the braces should be made like the Omega. The Omega sits on your back and chest MUSCLES, not bone. The Leatt and all the other ones are designed to sit on and direct energy to your sternum and spine. It sounds better to have them directed at your muscles.

The Omega harness is complete bullchittery though. I still cant figure the damned thing out. :rolleyes:

It's great to see what EVS has done with the price. Amazing! I'd like to see a cheaper Omega style brace.

Also, the Omega must be a lot more comfortable. I've never tried another brace, but I find it crazy that you guys can notice a huge difference with or without the brace. Even ride better without it? I never could really tell with the Omega. I either wore it or didn't wear it and it made no difference to me, really. I also never wore a chest protector, so, I dont know if that affects the overall comfortability or not. That...or you guys are just too picky. :lol: I ride with gloves/no gloves, jersey/heavy coat, neckbrace/no neckbrace, chest protector/no protector, boots/no boots, :blah: I imagine something locked around your neck would be a bigger difference though. That's another thing about the Omega, the front is open and it's nice.