Leatt's fixing to get jacked

and yet its still 285 :shocked:
I realize I chose the most expensive one, I did for a reason, just because the whole price thing on these things has gone bonkers. 700 dollars would go a long ways towards a down payment on a new bike. I want to know who has that kind of money :shocked:

sponsored racers and people who hit the lottery :P

the only kind i would not have any issue with is the vest kind that dont really have the shoulders.
I doubt it would fit you, considering it only comes in 1 size, but here it is
256.jpg

I doubt it would fit you, considering it only comes in 1 size, but here it is
256.jpg
are those considered roost protectors not a chest guard? or are they all the same thing really? i could be wrong but i always considered the soft vest kind roost protectors and the hard plastic kind chest protectors.

are those considered roost protectors not a chest guard? or are they all the same thing really? i could be wrong but i always considered the soft vest kind roost protectors and the hard plastic kind chest protectors.

It protects my chest, and helps me bounce of trees with less pain than not wearing one :thumb:

I have that exact chest protector. It has a hard plastic front that works well. It can be worn under or over the jersey. I wear mine under. It also has a spine protector. And it is also compatible with my EVS evolution neck brace. I would also venture a guess that it is compatible other neck braces.

A couple things I'm curious about is...

1. Where's the load transferred to?
It's kind of hard to see in those pictures but it looks like it practically sits on the clavicle.

For example look at the Leatt, there's a reason for that bottom piece sitting on your chest like it does (along with the cutout).

View attachment 4850

And the Alpinestars Bionic...

View attachment 4851

2. I'm not so sure about the small (or lack there off) back piece. People have claimed that you can "break" your spine were the back piece ends. If that's the case I'd prefer breaking my spine as low as possible. :noidea: From what I've read, Leatt is working to prevent this by implementing crumple zones into various parts of their brace.

I really think leatts raping people... I know it takes some R&D and stuff like that but still. It's like 800 dollar 4t pipes. It's not that they're worth it, it's just that the (retarded) masses will pay for it.

Also, neck braces haven't been tested, for all we know they cause MORE injuries!

Good thread that didnt get side tracked by useless banter... Gas for everyone! :thumb:

I have the EVS neck rolls and I use them for the pitbike racing. I also have the EVS Evolution neck brace that I use for MX... It was great and affordable at $165...It took 1 ride to get used to and I also like the way it spread the impact across the shoulders and body rather than just certain points. Lately I have been thinking of the Leatte because I would like a little more mobility with my FMX career on the rise so I need to pop some more complicated tricks and this may be a better solution by EVS than the $$400 Leatte...
As for broken clavicles (collarbone) its better than being paralyzed or a pine box nap...

EVS is a reputable company that has a history of providing the sport with safety and preventive injury equipment and I am sure they would provide a product that works and besides that something is better than nothing. Jos, get a neck roll..:thumb:

:picard: since when do "race collars" have a back plate dodat and a 4pt harness?

They are safer than a neck roll, but from what I see, if It breaks your collar bones, then where is that energy going to be transfered? To your back-yes. But leatts bring it down low so if the wreck is serious enough, you still will be able to use you arms and live a normal life as a parapalegic. But where is that going to break your back at? Up top, where your spinal cord gives you control of your arms. So you might save 200$ or whatever, but whats 200$ when your blowing into a wheelclair to go, and asking someone to pull that 2 hundies out of you back pocket to pay for you jergans since you won't have a girlfriend.

They are safer than a neck roll, but from what I see, if It breaks your collar bones, then where is that energy going to be transfered? To your back-yes. But leatts bring it down low so if the wreck is serious enough, you still will be able to use you arms and live a normal life as a parapalegic. But where is that going to break your back at? Up top, where your spinal cord gives you control of your arms. So you might save 200$ or whatever, but whats 200$ when your blowing into a wheelclair to go, and asking someone to pull that 2 hundies out of you back pocket to pay for you jergans since you won't have a girlfriend.

This is a very scientific observation. Are you mad that leatt raped you? :shocked: