Leatt's fixing to get jacked

James

Staff member
I like it, I don't plan on buying one, but I like how they are not charging $250-$700 for a similar product as the leatt, because leatt was just getting stupid...
Similar product being key here.

There's a lot (of money) that goes into designing/building/advertising a product, especially when you're the first to market. So without actually knowing their profit margins......:noidea: your guess is as good as mine at how much they're actually "raping" you.

Remember that other neck brace company that came out with one for like $150-$200? Haven't seen them in awhile, wonder why?

Granted a lot of times you do pay for the brand name though, Fox anyone? :facepalm:

There's a lot (of money) that goes into designing/building/advertising a product, especially when you're the first to market. So without actually knowing their profit margins......:noidea: your guess is as good as mine at how much they're actually "raping" you.

Remember that other neck brace company that came out with one for like $150-$200? Haven't seen them in awhile, wonder why?

Granted a lot of times you do pay for the brand name though, Fox anyone? :facepalm:

the only 150-200 dollar one I can think of is the evs evolution from a couple years ago which is still for sale.

But its sooooo light, so light you can't even turn your head to the side..:lol:
Those has really been my main complaints, the fact you can't turn your head(important to a trail/offroad rider) and the obscene price.

Like I said last night in chat, I sold my leatt because it didn't matter how many times I tried to tell myself I was comfortable in it, I wasn't, and one day I went for a ride without it and it was unbelievable the difference.

Only one I saw in that range was the EVS, I didnt like that one cause it had integrated shoulder do-dats on it. I fully understand the process and the concept of profit margins also... Remember, its not rape if you're are willing, so I understand why you don't feel like they raped you.

But its sooooo light, so light you can't even turn your head to the side..:lol:
Those has really been my main complaints, the fact you can't turn your head(important to a trail/offroad rider) and the obscene price.

why i cant wear one. i can barely turn my head with just my chest protector on.

This is the brace you'd compare it to, not the GPX Pro. :bonk:
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/LEATT-ADVENTURE-II-NECK-BRACE/?id=122104

What you gain by spending more is a lot more "adjustablity" and considerable weight savings (30-40%), however that stuff isn't mission critical.
and yet its still 285 :shocked:
I realize I chose the most expensive one, I did for a reason, just because the whole price thing on these things has gone bonkers. 700 dollars would go a long ways towards a down payment on a new bike. I want to know who has that kind of money :shocked:

James

Staff member
Like I said last night in chat, I sold my leatt because it didn't matter how many times I tried to tell myself I was comfortable in it, I wasn't, and one day I went for a ride without it and it was unbelievable the difference.
Just out of curiosity, which model did you have? Because if it was the cheap adventure then yeah I'd have thrown it out to. :lol:

I needed to adjust the front and rear tables, which the adventure doesn't allow you to do. :bonk:

if you don't mind me asking, what chest protector?

its a fox race something or another... cant recall what model it is.

my problem is i have a short neck so the bottom of my helmet hits the shoulder part of the chest protector when i turn my head.

Just out of curiosity, which model did you have? Because if it was the cheap adventure then yeah I'd have thrown it out to. :lol:

I needed to adjust the front and rear tables, which the adventure doesn't allow you to do. :bonk:
it was an adventure, but heres the thing, that was all my budget could afford.

its a fox race something or another... cant recall what model it is.

my problem is i have a short neck so the bottom of my helmet hits the shoulder part of the chest protector when i turn my head.
I use an EVS revo4, I doubt you would have that issue with it.