Leatt's fixing to get jacked

http://www.btosports.com/p/EVS-2012-RFOUR-NECK-BRACE

Thank God someone has stepped forward and offered one for a decent price. I will be buying one, and still have money left over from the sale of my used, 1st generation leatt adventure.I still think braces like the omega work off a better idea, but its too much for me to swing.

11_EVS_R4-2.jpg

you know you can put more then one picture into a single post right?

what was the point of making each pic a new post?

on topic tho. glzd to see some affordable neck braces. I doubt this is going to kill leatt but its good to see other options none the less

James

Staff member
A couple things I'm curious about is...

1. Where's the load transferred to?
It's kind of hard to see in those pictures but it looks like it practically sits on the clavicle.

For example look at the Leatt, there's a reason for that bottom piece sitting on your chest like it does (along with the cutout).

leatt001et1.jpg

And the Alpinestars Bionic...

p4pb5222136.jpg

2. I'm not so sure about the small (or lack there off) back piece. People have claimed that you can "break" your spine were the back piece ends. If that's the case I'd prefer breaking my spine as low as possible. :noidea: From what I've read, Leatt is working to prevent this by implementing crumple zones into various parts of their brace.

you know you can put more then one picture into a single post right?

what was the point of making each pic a new post?

on topic tho. glzd to see some affordable neck braces. I doubt this is going to kill leatt but its good to see other options none the less

sorry, reason being when I click on the insert image button it inserts the image visually and I can't figure out how to move it, I tried inserting more than one picture but it deleted the one I had previously inserted.

it may not kill it, but it may bring the price down

A couple things I'm curious about is...

1. Where's the load transferred to?
It's kind of hard to see in those pictures but it looks like it practically sits on the clavicle.

For example look at the Leatt, there's a reason for that bottom piece sitting on your chest like it does (along with the cutout).

View attachment 4850

And the Alpinestars Bionic...

View attachment 4851

2. I'm not so sure about the small (or lack there off) back piece. People have claimed that you can "break" your spine were the back piece ends. If that's the case I'd prefer breaking my spine as low as possible. :noidea: From what I've read, Leatt is working to prevent this by implementing crumple zones into various parts of their brace.
to be honest with you, I don't know.
the review says that the possibility of a broken clavicle with the brace are reduced compared to the leatt. :noidea:

sorry, reason being when I click on the insert image button it inserts the image visually and I can't figure out how to move it, I tried inserting more than one picture but it deleted the one I had previously inserted.

it may not kill it, but it may bring the price down

the box with the a/A in the top right hand corner turns off/on the code. so if you insert a image it will show you the tags. :thumb: i just type the tags and insert the jpg link myself.

lets hope it does bring the price down. competition is always a good thing

James

Staff member
to be honest with you, I don't know.
the review says that the possibility of a broken clavicle with the brace are reduced compared to the leatt. :noidea:
:thumb: For the record I was bashing it in anyway, competition is good for all of us.

:noidea: Since non of us have seen it in person all we can do is speculate. :lol:

I like it, I don't plan on buying one, but I like how they are not charging $250-$700 for a similar product as the leatt, because leatt was just getting stupid...

:thumb: For the record I was bashing it in anyway, competition is good for all of us.

:noidea: Since non of us have seen it in person all we can do is speculate. :lol:

I know you weren't :thumb: you are asking very real and relevant questions that considering its our necks, we have the right to know the answers too. however, I don't see someone like EVS releasing something thats completly dangerous ya know :noidea: Yes, I'm well aware of the issues with the leatt breaking other parts of the body to spare the other, its a good concept, but clearly has some drawbacks.

I'll be the guinea pig, I'll be placing an order the day its released :thumb: