Leatt's fixing to get jacked

:thumb: That.

Just like seatbelts, they've been proven to save lives however people still don't always wear them. :noidea:

No, seatbelts have been through NUMEROUS TESTS, proving that they save lives, albeit with some injuries in rare cases.

Neckbraces have NO TESTS done besides from Leatt which won't even show their tests just their fan mail.

For all we know they just cause more collarbone injuries.

No, seatbelts have been through NUMEROUS TESTS, proving that they save lives, albeit with some injuries in rare cases.

Neckbraces have NO TESTS done besides from Leatt which won't even show their tests just their fan mail.

I swear to god you guy's logic is just.. :picard: EVS is down to like 65, do yourself a favor, try it.

Look, in theory, it seems like it would help. At least I think so. Make your own judgements and go from there. Hell...you could even test it yourself. I'm not a neckbrace pusher by any means. Wear it or dont, I dont care. I wore one whenever I remembered to bring it. I always ride on the land with no brace.

Look at the structure of it, try one out, decide if you believe it will work.

I swear to god you guy's logic is just.. :picard: EVS is down to like 65, do yourself a favor, try it.

Whats wrong with the logic?

It's simple, you very rarely hear of a seatbelt harming someone, and usually it's fairly minor compared to the alternative. With neckbraces there's NO evidence that they protect you, but I hear ALLOT of stories of people with bruising on the chest and back, and broken bones, usually sternum and clavicle, etc.

Look, in theory, it seems like it would help. At least I think so. Make your own judgements and go from there. Hell...you could even test it yourself. I'm not a neckbrace pusher by any means. Wear it or dont, I dont care. I wore one whenever I remembered to bring it. I always ride on the land with no brace.

Look at the structure of it, try one out, decide if you believe it will work.

I would like to test the EVS(looks cool and isn't insanely overpriced). If I get the spare cash and a mxer I'll try it.

It's simple, you very rarely hear of a seatbelt harming someone, and usually it's fairly minor compared to the alternative. With neckbraces there's NO evidence that they protect you, but I hear ALLOT of stories of people with bruising on the chest and back, and broken bones, usually sternum and clavicle, etc.

I would like to test the EVS(looks cool and isn't insanely overpriced). If I get the spare cash and a mxer I'll try it.

The $65 evs is garbage imo. It fit me terrible, was not compatible with many roost protectors and was just awkward....

James

Staff member

Have neck injuries risen, stayed the same, or fallen since neck braces came out?

Also "logic" would suggest that providing an alternative load path away from your neck/spine would be preferred. :noidea: Given the choice which would you prefer; broken clavicle or broken neck?

Another argument I've heard is that with a really hard impact (from the front) you'll break/damage your spine where the back piece ends (bottom of it). However my thinking is that if you manage to hit your head hard enough to break your spine with the back piece, what damage would have happened without it. Plus if I were to break my back/spine I'd want it as low as possible. :noidea: