South I NEED to ride this week, pretty please!?

When I can't find a riding partner I ride with one of these. Well I actually have the older version.
spot2_prodpage.jpg

Yea, they are not free. I sure feel a lot better knowing that if I break my leg or if my bike just quits on me, I've got a pretty good shot at getting home alive.

Anyhow, have a great ride tomorrow! I wish that I could pull a Ferris Bueller like our Canuck friend and join you.

I'd like a SPOT and definitely should be using one.

I wish you could ride too Cleonard:ride:

It was a GREAT DAY!:banana:

I spent the night the night before at a girl friend's house. She rides too and had a map of Hungry Valley. She kept it at her desk and I checked in with her from the trail. She was my old school SPOT tracker. Seeing as my Husband doesnt have a map or sits at a desk.
543439_4582962014697_369814839_n.jpg

Then my phone went dead so I used the North gate ranger's phone and the ranger at the track to check in. Then when I got back to my truck I had this adorable 19 year old girl come walking over to me asking if I had any first aid stuff. She had crashed a quad and got a really nasty pipe burn. I clean and wrapped it all up for her and left her some supplies. She was camping with her boy friend and brother and they had been there for the last couple of days. She could not get over me and my bike. She acted like I was a rock star. It was cute, a little over bored and flattering. But it was also nice to know I inspired her to get a bike, a truck, and not wait for a guy to advance her in the sport. She jumped on her brother's two stroke and rode it, she is a natural for sure and tuff. She later gave me a hug and thanked me for being so cool and helpful and said she will remember me and this day forever, and that she plans on becoming a dirt biker just like me. I said well of course you will remember, because you have a nice pipe burn to remind you for the rest of your life. I took the guys on the Butt Crack and Tavatium trails. They had never been to Gorman before. They were good kids and a lot of fun.

Some of the best parts of the day were:
Inspiring the young girl.
Riding the crack.
Getting off on a ticket hauling the mail down a dirt road on the way in.
Riding on Cowtail and almost hitting a 8 point buck. He was beautiful and it was nice to see such a big male out there. I always see females.
AND, yesterday was the very first day of a new trail that just opened there. I must of blew past it. It is over near ProngHorn and called Raven's Ridge. That was nice to hear. The cool ranger that let me off in the morning told me about it. She drove over to me at the end of day to chat.

Good day, good ride and good people:thumb:

Oh and good beer, Shock Top:cheers:

Sounds like it was a great day Sun,,, any pics? I am roosting you right now. :thumb:

Thanks Jax. Nope no pics because my phone died. I wanted to take a pic of the girl and her nasty pipe burn. I dont think I have ever seen one so bad before. Video would of been better, because she was so cute and animated, and could not stop calling me a bad ass:lol: She cracked me up! The boys were good riders and love, love, LOVED the Butt Crack trail. I should have brought my camera.
Heading out alone I never know who I will meet or how the day will pan. So far every ride alone has been good or very interesting. Oh and very lucky safe, :hail: and I thank god for that!

:thumb: Sounds like a fun day. You should have told your new idol to join to frey here at DBA to share her adventures and fire her up more about getting a bike.

I did tell them about the site. She isnt even on Facebook! I was sooo shocked! I told her that is a good thing and what makes her different from all the rest of her friends I bet. I also told her not to be a "Bro Ho," she laughed and said "yeah, those girls are a joke and so many are posers!I know a lot of chicks like that." I told her thanks to moto forums I found other ladies like me who share my interest in riding, and thanks to that we are now friends for life! Who knows, maybe she will pop up here one day. But if she is not even on FB, likely she wont hit forums. I had to explain it to her. The guys could give a rat's ass about it. They arnt into it either. Hard to believe isnt it? 19 and not posting up and carrying the phone everywhere. It was a nice change. Those kids gave me some hope. They were actually interested in me and came over and hung out at my camp. Nice change from so many of our snot nose, self centered, lazy anfd constantly connected to the phone generation. It actually sort of made my day.

I did tell them about the site. She isnt even on Facebook! I was sooo shocked! I told her that is a good thing and what makes her different from all the rest of her friends I bet. I also told her not to be a "Bro Ho," she laughed and said "yeah, those girls are a joke and so many are posers!I know a lot of chicks like that." I told her thanks to moto forums I found other ladies like me who share my interest in riding, and thanks to that we are now friends for life! Who knows, maybe she will pop up here one day. But if she is not even on FB, likely she wont hit forums. I had to explain it to her. The guys could give a rat's ass about it. They arnt into it either. Hard to believe isnt it? 19 and not posting up and carrying the phone everywhere. It was a nice change. Those kids gave me some hope. They were actually interested in me and came over and hung out at my camp. Nice change from so many of our snot nose, self centered, lazy anfd constantly connected to the phone generation. It actually sort of made my day.
:thumb:

It was a GREAT DAY!:banana:

I spent the night the night before at a girl friend's house. She rides too and had a map of Hungry Valley. She kept it at her desk and I checked in with her from the trail. She was my old school SPOT tracker. Seeing as my Husband doesnt have a map or sits at a desk.
543439_4582962014697_369814839_n.jpg

Then my phone went dead so I used the North gate ranger's phone and the ranger at the track to check in. Then when I got back to my truck I had this adorable 19 year old girl come walking over to me asking if I had any first aid stuff. She had crashed a quad and got a really nasty pipe burn. I clean and wrapped it all up for her and left her some supplies. She was camping with her boy friend and brother and they had been there for the last couple of days. She could not get over me and my bike. She acted like I was a rock star. It was cute, a little over bored and flattering. But it was also nice to know I inspired her to get a bike, a truck, and not wait for a guy to advance her in the sport. She jumped on her brother's two stroke and rode it, she is a natural for sure and tuff. She later gave me a hug and thanked me for being so cool and helpful and said she will remember me and this day forever, and that she plans on becoming a dirt biker just like me. I said well of course you will remember, because you have a nice pipe burn to remind you for the rest of your life. I took the guys on the Butt Crack and Tavatium trails. They had never been to Gorman before. They were good kids and a lot of fun.

Some of the best parts of the day were:
Inspiring the young girl.
Riding the crack.
Getting off on a ticket hauling the mail down a dirt road on the way in.
Riding on Cowtail and almost hitting a 8 point buck. He was beautiful and it was nice to see such a big male out there. I always see females.
AND, yesterday was the very first day of a new trail that just opened there. I must of blew past it. It is over near ProngHorn and called Raven's Ridge. That was nice to hear. The cool ranger that let me off in the morning told me about it. She drove over to me at the end of day to chat.

Good day, good ride and good people:thumb:

Oh and good beer, Shock Top:cheers:

thanks for the story sun. the wife and i have been really infusing this awesome kind of attitude. you never know how powerful of a impact a few words can have on someones life. you never know whats going on in that person's life at the time.

i know its real cheesy but i heard this story....

llected on the Internet, 2000]

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd." I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friend tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.

As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives." He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Damn boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the smiles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship. Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle.

He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous.

Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach . . . but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story." I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable." I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth. Never underestimate the power of your actions.

With one small gesture you can change a person’s life For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.
the story is cheesy and extreme but the principle is a great way to live.

There are few and far between kids like this as you say. It sounds like you had a great adventure out there. :thumb:

thanks for the story sun. the wife and i have been really infusing this awesome kind of attitude. you never know how powerful of a impact a few words can have on someones life. you never know whats going on in that person's life at the time.

Cheesy or not TraV... I loved it.

Sun, glad to here you had a good ALL around time.....

Wow, Wow, Wow....
That is soooooooo awesome sun. I can't wait to meet the great rock star "sun". :smirk:
Really though, it is great to be an inspiration to the young, and you nailed it. Good job!!!
Have a great weekend. :thumb:

Great story Trav:thumb:
Dont ever underestimate the power of kindness. Hey, I just made that up! But I bet it has been said many times before.