South I NEED to ride this week, pretty please!?

Yea, yea. Next time. Besides, I gave you a pic, a pic of a map and some of my tracks before I rode with the kids:P

Secrets be told I tried hard to clear my schedule. I hoped to scoot out of here by 5:30 AM OCLOCK and meet you there so you would have someone to ride with. I actually love Gorman. Yes I admit it. I LOVE GORMAN. But at the last minute I had a truck coming to deliver that street bike I bought a few weeks ago. Sat here most of the day !

Secrets be told I tried hard to clear my schedule. I hoped to scoot out of here by 5:30 AM OCLOCK and meet you there so you would have someone to ride with. I actually love Gorman. Yes I admit it. I LOVE GORMAN. But at the last minute I had a truck coming to deliver that street bike I bought a few weeks ago. Sat here most of the day !

Well seeing as you are ALWAYS riding and must not work, Im sure we will ride someday and I look forward to it.:thumb:

I like Gorman too because I know the trails well and that is where I first started riding. Weekdays at Gorman are always the way to go.

Im bringing my Supermoto bike to Sedona. Im leaving this Mon, Tues or Wed.. Im still not sure which day yet. I have to take care of some things before I leave. If you are taking a street bike when you go see your Dad and want to ride up around Sedona, I would be happy to meet up with you for a ride. We can both commiserate about our parents with lung cancer, or just ride to take our minds off it.

Oh I work... I build the website.. handle the sales... pack the orders... run the forklift... and clean the bathroom. I just do it all from our property out in riding land these days.

Looks like I am bringing the dirt bike to AZ to get plated. But won't have time to ride. Trip got shortened when I found out the kennel needs $80 PER day for my 5 dogs ! Just gonna hang out with the folks.

Wish you the very best with your mom whatever the outcome. :thumb:

Oh I work... I build the website.. handle the sales... pack the orders... run the forklift... and clean the bathroom. I just do it all from our property out in riding land these days.

Looks like I am bringing the dirt bike to AZ to get plated. But won't have time to ride. Trip got shortened when I found out the kennel needs $80 PER day for my 5 dogs ! Just gonna hang out with the folks.

Wish you the very best with your mom whatever the outcome. :thumb:

I figured you work. Most of us do here. And then some of us pretend to be working while on DBA:coffee:

Best wishes to you, your family and trip:thumb:

thanks for the story sun. the wife and i have been really infusing this awesome kind of attitude. you never know how powerful of a impact a few words can have on someones life. you never know whats going on in that person's life at the time.

i know its real cheesy but i heard this story....

the story is cheesy and extreme but the principle is a great way to live.
Not cheesy at all, more like inspiring.:thumb:

It was a GREAT DAY!:banana:

I spent the night the night before at a girl friend's house. She rides too and had a map of Hungry Valley. She kept it at her desk and I checked in with her from the trail. She was my old school SPOT tracker. Seeing as my Husband doesnt have a map or sits at a desk.
543439_4582962014697_369814839_n.jpg

Then my phone went dead so I used the North gate ranger's phone and the ranger at the track to check in. Then when I got back to my truck I had this adorable 19 year old girl come walking over to me asking if I had any first aid stuff. She had crashed a quad and got a really nasty pipe burn. I clean and wrapped it all up for her and left her some supplies. She was camping with her boy friend and brother and they had been there for the last couple of days. She could not get over me and my bike. She acted like I was a rock star. It was cute, a little over bored and flattering. But it was also nice to know I inspired her to get a bike, a truck, and not wait for a guy to advance her in the sport. She jumped on her brother's two stroke and rode it, she is a natural for sure and tuff. She later gave me a hug and thanked me for being so cool and helpful and said she will remember me and this day forever, and that she plans on becoming a dirt biker just like me. I said well of course you will remember, because you have a nice pipe burn to remind you for the rest of your life. I took the guys on the Butt Crack and Tavatium trails. They had never been to Gorman before. They were good kids and a lot of fun.

Some of the best parts of the day were:
Inspiring the young girl.
Riding the crack.
Getting off on a ticket hauling the mail down a dirt road on the way in.
Riding on Cowtail and almost hitting a 8 point buck. He was beautiful and it was nice to see such a big male out there. I always see females.
AND, yesterday was the very first day of a new trail that just opened there. I must of blew past it. It is over near ProngHorn and called Raven's Ridge. That was nice to hear. The cool ranger that let me off in the morning told me about it. She drove over to me at the end of day to chat.

Good day, good ride and good people:thumb:

Oh and good beer, Shock Top:cheers:

Wow! How Awesome was that ride???? Wayne and Garth give it 2 thumbs up on the totally awesome scale!
Sounds like you found a little bit of that much needed solace on your ride.. I'm extremely happy for you! :hug:

and Shocktops rock! I just started sampleing the rasberry ones... delicious!

Wow! How Awesome was that ride???? Wayne and Garth give it 2 thumbs up on the totally awesome scale!
Sounds like you found a little bit of that much needed solace on your ride.. I'm extremely happy for you! :hug:

and Shocktops rock! I just started sampleing the rasberry ones... delicious!

Thanks Mihylo:hug: I did get some much needed solace and continue to want more. Nothing new, I always want to dirt bike ride.
Rasberry Shock Top? I had no idea!

I have had this a few times. And it comes in other flavors too. You should try it, it is refreshing. I've had the peach and apple but didnt care for the peach so much.
http://demo.seanmulholland.com/blog/framboise-lambic-ale/

Thanks Mihylo:hug: I did get some much needed solace and continue to want more. Nothing new, I always want to dirt bike ride.
Rasberry Shock Top? I had no idea!

I have had this a few times. And it comes in other flavors too. You should try it, it is refreshing. I've had the peach and apple but didnt care for the peach so much.
http://demo.seanmulholland.com/blog/framboise-lambic-ale/

I love good beer... I'm not a quantity guy, I'm the quality guy :thumb:

The rasberry is refreshing... and Its only here a short time... Be good.....keep the wind at your back :thumb:

Sun is the coolest chick ....FFS every other woman is ran out of here so fast :lol: props for putting up with us cause I enjoy your posts

Thanks Trav:hug:
And more importantly, thanks for riding with me:clap::thumb: Because THAT is mostly why I am here. I mean I like the chat, threads and all but,Im here because I LOVE to ride!
I figured if I stayed long enough and put up with enough from all of you smart asses, I may someday get (earned) a ride out of you all:ride:
You guys are great:clap: I just stay away from the Hottie's thread and remind myself that there IS a connection and place for me here. You all have been great at making me feel like I belong. Even though every now and then I have to remind myself I have entered the "DBA Man Cave" and to roll with the boyish comments and banter. Im not sure how many times you all can laugh at dick, tit, or fart comments but, sometimes I still do also:lol: therefore I dont complain.

Im in Sedona now. My Mom is barely hanging. Hospice is here and will keep her comfortably drugged. So glad I brought the bike. I jumped on it yesterday evening and said I was going to the store but instead went to a local pub for a beer. I asked the bartender where I should ride to that is beautiful and not filled with a lot of tourists. She told me where she went skinny dipping the morning before. It was AWESOME!!! I need to get back there with my camera. It is Beaver Creek, but really it is a river. If flows over smooth red rocks with pockets of water and mini waterfalls. You can jump from smooth rock to smooth rock. It had beautiful trees all up and down the banks and it was the perfect place to sit and reflect. I had it to myself. Then when I got back on the bike to head home, a song came on my headphones that caused me to lose it. Note: Crying in googles does not work!! You will not see well. I had to pull over and gain my composer and put on a happy song before I got back to the house. So glad I brought the bike but I do feel a little guilty just riding off. Thus I say "Im going to the store."

You all better be enjoying this perfect ride weather and be sure to roost some dirt for me:cheers:
Oh and, be sure to tell your loved ones you love them.

Thanks Trav:hug:
And more importantly, thanks for riding with me:clap::thumb: Because THAT is mostly why I am here. I mean I like the chat, threads and all but,Im here because I LOVE to ride!
I figured if I stayed long enough and put up with enough from all of you smart asses, I may someday get (earned) a ride out of you all:ride:
You guys are great:clap: I just stay away from the Hottie's thread and remind myself that there IS a connection and place for me here. You all have been great at making me feel like I belong. Even though every now and then I have to remind myself I have entered the "DBA Man Cave" and to roll with the boyish comments and banter. Im not sure how many times you all can laugh at dick, tit, or fart comments but, sometimes I still do also:lol: therefore I dont complain.

Im in Sedona now. My Mom is barely hanging. Hospice is here and will keep her comfortably drugged. So glad I brought the bike. I jumped on it yesterday evening and said I was going to the store but instead went to a local pub for a beer. I asked the bartender where I should ride to that is beautiful and not filled with a lot of tourists. She told me where she went skinny dipping the morning before. It was AWESOME!!! I need to get back there with my camera. It is Beaver Creek, but really it is a river. If flows over smooth red rocks with pockets of water and mini waterfalls. You can jump from smooth rock to smooth rock. It had beautiful trees all up and down the banks and it was the perfect place to sit and reflect. I had it to myself. Then when I got back on the bike to head home, a song came on my headphones that caused me to lose it. Note: Crying in googles does not work!! You will not see well. I had to pull over and gain my composer and put on a happy song before I got back to the house. So glad I brought the bike but I do feel a little guilty just riding off. Thus I say "Im going to the store."

You all better be enjoying this perfect ride weather and be sure to roost some dirt for me:cheers:
Oh and, be sure to tell your loved ones you love them.
You're Cool Sun :thumb: I can't speak for the rest of these yahoos on here, but I am glad you have stuck around. I enjoy reading your comments and you smacking these children around on here.

The ride you took sounds great and pictures will be welcomed. I know where you are coming from with your mom as I went through some hard times when I lost mine years ago. I am sure she is appreciative that you are there with her and I know she understands when you need to get out to clear the head a little.

I still find it kind of funny that you are the closest DBA member to me (besides CDA Jr and Bota55) and we have not meant in person or twisted throttle together yet.