South I NEED to ride this week, pretty please!?

Im in Sedona now. My Mom is barely hanging. Hospice is here and will keep her comfortably drugged. So glad I brought the bike. I jumped on it yesterday evening and said I was going to the store but instead went to a local pub for a beer. I asked the bartender where I should ride to that is beautiful and not filled with a lot of tourists. She told me where she went skinny dipping the morning before. It was AWESOME!!! I need to get back there with my camera. It is Beaver Creek, but really it is a river. If flows over smooth red rocks with pockets of ........

How ironic.:shocked:

Thanks Trav:hug:
And more importantly, thanks for riding with me:clap::thumb: Because THAT is mostly why I am here. I mean I like the chat, threads and all but,Im here because I LOVE to ride!
I figured if I stayed long enough and put up with enough from all of you smart asses, I may someday get (earned) a ride out of you all:ride:
You guys are great:clap: I just stay away from the Hottie's thread and remind myself that there IS a connection and place for me here. You all have been great at making me feel like I belong. Even though every now and then I have to remind myself I have entered the "DBA Man Cave" and to roll with the boyish comments and banter. Im not sure how many times you all can laugh at dick, tit, or fart comments but, sometimes I still do also:lol: therefore I dont complain.

Im in Sedona now. My Mom is barely hanging. Hospice is here and will keep her comfortably drugged. So glad I brought the bike. I jumped on it yesterday evening and said I was going to the store but instead went to a local pub for a beer. I asked the bartender where I should ride to that is beautiful and not filled with a lot of tourists. She told me where she went skinny dipping the morning before. It was AWESOME!!! I need to get back there with my camera. It is Beaver Creek, but really it is a river. If flows over smooth red rocks with pockets of water and mini waterfalls. You can jump from smooth rock to smooth rock. It had beautiful trees all up and down the banks and it was the perfect place to sit and reflect. I had it to myself. Then when I got back on the bike to head home, a song came on my headphones that caused me to lose it. Note: Crying in googles does not work!! You will not see well. I had to pull over and gain my composer and put on a happy song before I got back to the house. So glad I brought the bike but I do feel a little guilty just riding off. Thus I say "Im going to the store."

You all better be enjoying this perfect ride weather and be sure to roost some dirt for me:cheers:
Oh and, be sure to tell your loved ones you love them.

if i lived closer id ride with ya more.

as for the hotties thread it would have been golden if you went and posted a bunch of hunky dudes... woulda threw a lot of dudes off i bet :lol:

your moms is in my thoughts sun. and dont feel bad about taking your bike. you are still here and everyone needs a way to release somehow.

You're Cool Sun :thumb: I can't speak for the rest of these yahoos on here, but I am glad you have stuck around. I enjoy reading your comments and you smacking these children around on here.

The ride you took sounds great and pictures will be welcomed. I know where you are coming from with your mom as I went through some hard times when I lost mine years ago. I am sure she is appreciative that you are there with her and I know she understands when you need to get out to clear the head a little.

I still find it kind of funny that you are the closest DBA member to me (besides CDA Jr and Bota55) and we have not meant in person or twisted throttle together yet.

Thanks CDA and Yea, what's up with that?:noidea:

if i lived closer id ride with ya more.

as for the hotties thread it would have been golden if you went and posted a bunch of hunky dudes... woulda threw a lot of dudes off i bet :lol:

your moms is in my thoughts sun. and dont feel bad about taking your bike. you are still here and everyone needs a way to release somehow.

Thanks T.

Dont think I havent thought of THAT! And more!:lol:

Thanks CDA and Yea, what's up with that?:noidea:
Not sure, every time it looks like our paths will cross, we make a turn the other direction. One day I am sure, but I hope when that day happens I will be able to hang with your riding skills and keep up..:ride:

Not sure, every time it looks like our paths will cross, we make a turn the other direction. One day I am sure, but I hope when that day happens I will be able to hang with your riding skills and keep up..:ride:

Now you joking for sure! IM not THAT great of a rider, seriously Im not! Just good for a woman, and not near as good as so many other women out there riding and racing. Im old. I just want to have fun on the bike and not get hurt.

I really look forward to the day we can ride together. I mean, follow your dust. That is IF it hasnt settled in my path already:thumb:

Hang in there sun. Take every day and moment as it comes. You are going through what I did in the beginning of the year with my mom. :cry: I will say a few good words a day for you and mom. Keeping focused on the road ahead. Do not feel guilt in getting out and clearing your mind, you need it! Although we have never met to ride, you are our sister, I am very happy that you stick around here and shoot the breeze with us, and take no offense to the boys club. Some day we will all get together for a ride.
Peace,
:thumb:

Sun, as everyone here has mentioned, you are cool and fun to have on here. I have only ridden with you the one time out at the Rez Ranch and that was when Tim took us through the river beds of rocks and non existant trails. :rolleyes: I was afraid of getting lost so I had to keep up the pace to keep him in sight as I thought everyone else knew where we were. :thinking: One of these days I hope a bunch of us can get together and have a good ride on some good trails, like Thanksgiving. I too recently went through the ordeal with my dad, hospice and all, and now my mom is failing. It is a drag but you and some others on here are good people to be there for their parents. I know of many who don't even want to be around old folks especially when it gets unpleasant. Keep up the good thoughts and enjoy your time out in the beautiful country you are in. As a matter of fact, my wife and I will be in Sedona this Sunday and Monday.

What the heck, I went to multi quote and failed:smashpc:

I dont have the patience tonight to do it all over again so I will say this...you guys are great and so this forum. It has been awesome to sign on and get a friendly hello:wave:a good solid laugh:lol: some useful information:prof: a different prospective:goofy: with lots of opinions:blah::blah: and sometimes a rash of shit too:argue::forman:

I come and go sometimes staying away for periods but, Im always coming back. Mostly because I know some of you regulars will be here that I have grown on me like a wart, but like a wart I wanna keep:lol: You know, the kind of warts who ride motorcycles:noidea: really I have no idea how you all have grown on me, wart just sounded good.

But seriously, you all are very cool, very nice and have been very supportive and helpful at times. Just like brothers and I cant thank you enough:hug:

My Mom's spirits were up today and her comfort level increased due to good drugs and hospice care setting things up. She actually looks better then when I first got here. It's sort of weird. I guess it will be hills and valleys till she finally lets go. Not sure, didnt expect her to perk up but I guess everyone is different and nobody can tell for sure till it happens. I do know she is thrilled Im here and so am I have to have this time with her.

And Im not gonna lie, Im happy as heck I brought the bike. It does wonders and Sedona is a magical place to be, just as it is here on DBA:thumb:

:cheers:
Thank you all!!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom.

:USA:

Thanks Rack
Awesome, you even sound good in type!

Sincerely,

ASSWART :shocked: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EW! Ass wart?:eek: Or just a name Asswart. I know a few Asshats. Does anyone have a wart on their ass? I have never ever thought about that. I wonder....hmmm...I may have to google that and see. FYI I dont even have one wart. I have plenty of moles and sun damage though.
Asswart!? Palmer, your a kook and crack me up:lol::thumb: