85 help kx

So same problem again.
I would start with a good carb cleaning and a good setting of the floats. Take your time, clean it 2 or 3 times and double check your float heights.

Sean, if there is one thing you can learn to do it is how to ask for help. I think that is the most direct hint I have made to you so far. You tell us you can't use full throttle again. OK, like we have kept notes on your problems or are going to go back and research?

No mention of how full throttle is not working, no detail, no description of plug condition.

I found a 1995 kdx 200 that has the motor in pieces. Apparently it only needs new reeds. I've got a feeling that it needs rebuilt thought. Its only 300 dollars is it a smart thing to buy?

I found a 1995 kdx 200 that has the motor in pieces. Apparently it only needs new reeds. I've got a feeling that it needs rebuilt thought. Its only 300 dollars is it a smart thing to buy?

That bike in good condition is worth 1600-1800$ so if the rest of the bike is in good condition, and everything is there you can make out as long as you do not pay someone else to work on it. That's a good bike that is very reliable, I would do it if it fit the criteria I mentioned.

Do it!!! Buy a manual before you start.
A complete overhaul on that motor will be about $450. That new piston & rings, cylinder bore/replate, crank and bearings. Hopefully all the parts are there