85 help kx

Should I just rebuild the carb? I am also loosing compression fairly quickly... I was going to put a clutch in it because it is hard to pull. Also I was looking and saw that there are other carbs I could put on this bike. What would be better to use? A flat slide or round. 20:1 is what it should be run correct?

Should I just rebuild the carb? I am also loosing compression fairly quickly... I was going to put a clutch in it because it is hard to pull. Also I was looking and saw that there are other carbs I could put on this bike. What would be better to use? A flat slide or round. 20:1 is what it should be run correct?

That bike is flawless in stock form.
No need to change anything, just maintain it. Clean and rebuild the carb, set the floats properly and ride.
Yes 20:1 is the correct mix ratio. That's 6.4oz of oil per gallon of gas.

Lube or replace the clutch cable first

Will do. Thanks everyone. I was curious but can I flip the reeds and see it that helps? Or will that not effect it? The bike is in excellent condition for its age but it just doesn't stand anywhere close to my other CR 125. So I was going to have the top end redone. Do I need to replate this bike or can it just be bored over?

Will do. Thanks everyone. I was curious but can I flip the reeds and see it that helps? Or will that not effect it? The bike is in excellent condition for its age but it just doesn't stand anywhere close to my other CR 125. So I was going to have the top end redone. Do I need to replate this bike or can it just be bored over?

That cylinder should be steel sleeved and can be honed. A local shop an measure it up and spec a piston for you.

I fliped the reeds and it seemed to help I will be ordering a new piston and rings for it soon. The CR is really a blast. Starts first kick almost every time but it feels like the compression is starting to drop. Would it be a good idea to go over bore or should I just get the piston? If I go over then a piston is only 25$ instead of 100+ my local shop will do the cylinder work for 50$ I'm looking to also buy a DG pipe. It replaces the atack system. What would be a good start for more power on it?

Attachments

• tmp_2991-Screenshot_2016-07-05-18-09-39-1195427287.png
    tmp_2991-Screenshot_2016-07-05-18-09-39-1195427287.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm glad you have your chest protector on.
I would remove the cylinder and take it to your local shop and have them spec out the proper piston for it. If it starts first kick but runs poorly I think there are some jetting/carb issues. Also, did you do any of the other things I mentioned in my earlier post?

Last edited:
The bike temporarily seized last time I was out. I let off the the throttle and the back tire just locked up. I was in disbelief kicked it and it was hard but not seized. A few minutes later I kicked it and it started and ran fine.