85 help kx

SRAD97750

Staff member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWZ9aIJwgQ

This is a cold seize I had occur.
Luckily caused zero damage and I found it was the intake boot cracked, which was leaning out the air/fuel mixture once the rubber intake boot got really hot.
Replaced the boot and never had an issue since. One of my favorite old dez bikes. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Edit, watching this again... I didn't even try to baby it on the way home!:picard:

I fliped the reeds and it seemed to help I will be ordering a new piston and rings for it soon. The CR is really a blast. Starts first kick almost every time but it feels like the compression is starting to drop. Would it be a good idea to go over bore or should I just get the piston? If I go over then a piston is only 25$ instead of 100+ my local shop will do the cylinder work for 50$ I'm looking to also buy a DG pipe. It replaces the atack system. What would be a good start for more power on it?

Has yours still got the ATAC system?

I need help fast! I was out riding and the bike shot the coolant joint price that went into the cylinder out. I saw this and immediately killed the bike. It was dieselings I put it in gear and dropped the clutch. I pushed it back to the truck and was done riding for the day. After the bike cooled down I put the piece back into the head and then filled it with water. After about 30 seconds of running the bike started spraying coolant out of a hole just behind the water impeller. It looks like the hole is supposed to be there but I can't figure out why it is shooting water out. I was going to get a seal kit for it but I don't want to waist my money. What could it be?

I need help fast! I was out riding and the bike shot the coolant joint price that went into the cylinder out. I saw this and immediately killed the bike. It was dieselings I put it in gear and dropped the clutch. I pushed it back to the truck and was done riding for the day. After the bike cooled down I put the piece back into the head and then filled it with water. After about 30 seconds of running the bike started spraying coolant out of a hole just behind the water impeller. It looks like the hole is supposed to be there but I can't figure out why it is shooting water out. I was going to get a seal kit for it but I don't want to waist my money. What could it be?

It's a weep hole behind the seal, allows coolant to run out when the seal fails

You need a water pump seal impeller and bearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWZ9aIJwgQ

This is a cold seize I had occur.
Luckily caused zero damage and I found it was the intake boot cracked, which was leaning out the air/fuel mixture once the rubber intake boot got really hot.
Replaced the boot and never had an issue since. One of my favorite old dez bikes. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Edit, watching this again... I didn't even try to baby it on the way home!:picard:

cold seize? I think with the leak in the boot it was going to seize no matter how warm you got it before riding off!:thumb: