85 help kx

Glad to hear you fixed it.
9 times out of 10 you need to do all 3.
Seal usually goes bad because of bearing or impeller shaft wear.

Most people find that out in the next two hours of riding. Some of those don't realize that they have "found" that out, and replace the seal again. On the third try most of those are heard saying things like "replacement seals are junk!! the originals last for seasons and seasons on end." etc

Most people find that out in the next two hours of riding. Some of those don't realize that they have "found" that out, and replace the seal again. On the third try most of those are heard saying things like "replacement seals are junk!! the originals last for seasons and seasons on end." etc

That's why when it comes to engine bearings and seals I always order oem.

oh you would get people who put an oem seal right back on a bad bearing and shaft tell you that the ones they sell to you are not the ones they put on at the factory. But that kind of thinking extends to lots of other things. Work around big trucks for awhile and listen to driver owners talk about that. It would be funny but you see so many of them mispend their way out of business.

huh, cause and effect, what a strange concept.....

oh you would get people who put an oem seal right back on a bad bearing and shaft tell you that the ones they sell to you are not the ones they put on at the factory. But that kind of thinking extends to lots of other things. Work around big trucks for awhile and listen to driver owners talk about that. It would be funny but you see so many of them mispend their way out of business.

Been around big trucks, heavy equipment and airplanes my entire life. No different than motorcycle officianatos. Blame something else rather than take responsibility.

I was and am a bit discomforted by the average intelligence of the truck drivers I've dealt with.
We were winching one out of the sand, ok, release the brake, put it in neutral and follow the cable with the steering wheel.
puts it in low and revs the shit out of it twisting the driveshaft and then asks me if I'm paying for his driveshaft....

Been around big trucks, heavy equipment and airplanes my entire life. No different than motorcycle officianatos. Blame something else rather than take responsibility.

My son does airplanes. It is surprising to hear him tell about what corners the owners want to cut. Seriously, he hears people say 'but these things fly on their reputations'. If he is asked to do an annual he tells people right up front that "last season the average was over 2800 on what people who asked me to do an annual spent to get back in the air. Are you ready for that, before you bring yours over?"

My son does airplanes. It is surprising to hear him tell about what corners the owners want to cut. Seriously, he hears people say 'but these things fly on their reputations'. If he is asked to do an annual he tells people right up front that "last season the average was over 2800 on what people who asked me to do an annual spent to get back in the air. Are you ready for that, before you bring yours over?"

My dad was a cheap bastard. He always followed his engine hours and being certified did his own airplane work and never cut a corner. Being a truck driver he always ran new sneakers on the steering and retreads on the drive and trailer.

My dad's a cheap bastard, he won't touch retreads.
I will buy treadwrights (retread A/T tires) for my off road toys though

If you are running high speeds or overloading an axle new is the way to go. If you have a single rear axle and overload it, I would probably be even less inclined to run caps. Otherwise, if you are like me and have 8 tires where 6 would work (if you are anywhere close to DOT limits) that applies to most everything. Less than two weeks ago a sidewall that I had damaged blew out on the outside rf driver on one of my tank trucks, it had about 3100 gallons of "plus ten" sludge on it. that made it about 8,000 lbs heavy on the drivers as far as legal goes. Never even wobbled but scared the crap out of some bicyclists. 90-0 lbs in about the time it took to write 90-0. First one in a long time. Wouldn't have mattered if that one was capped or not (it was as stated).

If you are running high speeds or overloading an axle new is the way to go. If you have a single rear axle and overload it, I would probably be even less inclined to run caps. Otherwise, if you are like me and have 8 tires where 6 would work (if you are anywhere close to DOT limits) that applies to most everything. Less than two weeks ago a sidewall that I had damaged blew out on the outside rf driver on one of my tank trucks, it had about 3100 gallons of "plus ten" sludge on it. that made it about 8,000 lbs heavy on the drivers as far as legal goes. Never even wobbled but scared the crap out of some bicyclists. 90-0 lbs in about the time it took to write 90-0. First one in a long time. Wouldn't have mattered if that one was capped or not (it was as stated).

My old man wasn't right in the head. I can't remember him ever flying sober or at least not without a glass of scotch.

The main reasoning being its a tow truck, it blows a tire, flips the tread and it goes back and tears up the hood of a brand new peterbilt......

Not from my father, but from a lot of older guys around here it appears they didn't do all that much sober way back in the day

Back in the day they used to just write you a ticket for a dui and you had to call someone to come get you. I can't remember how many times my mom had to go pick him up and take him back to his car. She also had to sign for his gun. Lol. That was back before liberal pussies tho.