YZF/CR500 FI bike.

I like my 250 2t just the way it is. It would be interesting to ride back to back though. Both of My boys bikes are FI. World of difference compared to carb bikes.
When you say world of difference. Is that good or bad? Which is better?

When you say world of difference. Is that good or bad? Which is better?

FI takes some getting used to as it has very quick response on the 4t's that I have ridden. For example, when going through rocky sections if your throttle moves from shaking around in the rocks you inevitably get whiskey throttle and the bike goes! No lag in throttle response at all. I don't know thaT FI is better than the Carb, it's just different and a different feel when riding in technical terrain.

FI takes some getting used to as it has very quick response on the 4t's that I have ridden. For example, when going through rocky sections if your throttle moves from shaking around in the rocks you inevitably get whiskey throttle and the bike goes! No lag in throttle response at all. I don't know thaT FI is better than the Carb, it's just different and a different feel when riding in technical terrain.

I ride a ATV of my buddys that is FI... Wow, it takes alot of getting used to. Throttle is soooo touchy, Its a 420 honda. Going up a rock hill, with speed... brapidy brap brap brap brapppped..lol

Who would like to ride any two stroke with FI?
i rode one. i must say its kinda turned me. the last 2t i rode was a early 2000's and its just like i remember you had to be in the right rpm at ALL time and its very unforgiving if you are not. so for someone with less skills its a lot harder to ride. the new one i rode was a 2013 ktm 300 and daaaayyymmm they are not like the old bikes. you can really lug down and soldier up shit just like 4t's yet still felt super light and the front end came up real easy. yea... my next bike might be what Palmer posted :smirk:

i rode one. i must say its kinda turned me. the last 2t i rode was a early 2000's and its just like i remember you had to be in the right rpm at ALL time and its very unforgiving if you are not. so for someone with less skills its a lot harder to ride. the new one i rode was a 2013 ktm 300 and daaaayyymmm they are not like the old bikes. you can really lug down and soldier up shit just like 4t's yet still felt super light and the front end came up real easy. yea... my next bike might be what Palmer posted :smirk:
True that! I should have put my money into one instead of reviving a 02/YZ. But it's good, I got a bunch of goodies still going on the bike soon. Recluse, FWW, light kit, it will be a fun bike and about 4-5g less than the new Beta. Just missing the e-button.

yea im just keepin what i got runnin for now.

thing is that the bike i ride is not such a great bike for what i like to ride and what i want to race. i still do it so i figure if i ever do get the right bike i will do ok at it.