Yz 125 shock is stiff

I would take the roller off anyway, so you can get at the nut. 22mm I believe they all are on the linkage. 8mm under your finger for the roller with a 12mm nut. I have all the linkage apart on the 01 yz125. I need to buy another set of impacks though because I only have one 22mm socket. , and the swing arm one is deep. All the newer YZ's I have worked on have a jam 1/2 moon bolt and thats nice. Keep working on, you'll be fine.

I would take the roller off anyway, so you can get at the nut. 22mm I believe they all are on the linkage. 8mm under your finger for the roller with a 12mm nut. I have all the linkage apart on the 01 yz125. I need to buy another set of impacks though because I only have one 22mm socket. , and the
swing arm one is deep. All the newer YZ's I have worked on have a jam 1/2 moon bolt and thats nice. Keep working on, you'll be fine.

7/8" socket will do for 22

7/8" socket will do for 22

Left handed metric crescent wrench. :thumb:

Or that yes....I've used the smaller ones for fishing weights also.

I am sure if I was to look through all my pile of crappy tools I might find some "american SAE" shit. However, I have been in the metric system so long I would have to pull that box from the attic of uselessness. See, ever since I was a very young lad all of my vehicles came from over the pond and thats why I never accumulated such tools. I know there are some cross over sizes, but nothing I own. Crescent makes the only american tool I use daily (also known as a mexican socket set.) There is one channel lock (water pump plier) and a Ridged (left handed monkey wrench) that I own, but they will not fit deep into the obis of the swing arm.

I do appreciate both of your concerns. :hug:

Maybe I can find that spark plug socket around. :thinking:

I am sure if I was to look through all my pile of crappy tools I might find some "american SAE" shit. However, I have been in the metric system so long I would have to pull that box from the attic of uselessness. See, ever since I was a very young lad all of my vehicles came from over the pond and thats why I never accumulated such tools. I know there are some cross over sizes, but nothing I own. Crescent makes the only american tool I use daily (also known as a mexican socket set.) There is one channel lock (water pump plier) and a Ridged (left handed monkey wrench) that I own, but they will not fit deep into the obis of the swing arm.

Get out that 5/8.....er....16mm spark plug socket

No concerns.

I would take the roller off anyway, so you can get at the nut. 22mm I believe they all are on the linkage. 8mm under your finger for the roller with a 12mm nut. I have all the linkage apart on the 01 yz125. I need to buy another set of impacks though because I only have one 22mm socket. , and the swing arm one is deep. All the newer YZ's I have worked on have a jam 1/2 moon bolt and thats nice. Keep working on, you'll be fine.
So I need to remove the bolt that is deep in the swingarm. Do I need to get 2 22mm sockets for that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4
If you have an impact then no, if not than yes, or 7/8 SAE and 22 metric. The impact will drive it off with the use of a screw driver wedged in on the flat of the other side.

If you have an impact then no, if not than yes, or 7/8 SAE and 22 metric. The impact will drive it off with the use of a screw driver wedged in on the flat of the other side.
I do have an impact and I just bought a 22mm, but all these bolts are hard to get to and I need an extension