Yz 125 shock is stiff

I say steering stem because it probably hasn't ever been greased either. Wait too long and you'll have to replace it, and that's not easy getting the old one off.

How do I adjust the float and why do I need to. I have it all back together now and my suspension feels great. I also bought klotz Benol premix and I mix it at 32:1

As for the float, it is very important, constantly changes (though ever so slightly). riding one that is right compared to one which is not right shows a big difference. float levels raise with use, and richen up your air/fuel mixture. half of the best deals I have gotten have been from owners who missed that and just never could get their rigs running right. usually they buy lots of expensive pipes and reed cages before they give up though, making the deal even sweeter. It is time consuming the first few times, but I bet yours hasnt been done since it was new. Yamaha's way is very slow the first time. buy the tool or build it and I will talk you through it.

As for the float, it is very important, constantly changes (though ever so slightly). riding one that is right compared to one which is not right shows a big difference. float levels raise with use, and richen up your air/fuel mixture. half of the best deals I have gotten have been from owners who missed that and just never could get their rigs running right. usually they buy lots of expensive pipes and reed cages before they give up though, making the deal even sweeter. It is time consuming the first few times, but I bet yours hasnt been done since it was new. Yamaha's way is very slow the first time. buy the tool or build it and I will talk you through it.
So what tool do I need?

Got the manual? All you need is a caliper to measure with and the right measurement. We can chat procedure if you have those and havent got the manual yet.

Some yamahas show the measure ment with a tool they show in the manual. It looks like a float bowl plug with a small hose. It is. May need to make one out of your plug.

Last edited: