Yz 125 shock is stiff

I recently took off the gas tank to remove the spark plug to inspect it. Then I put the gas tank back on and then put the seat back on. Then I sat on the bike to start it up. And the suspension was extremely stiff... So stiff that it only went down an inch. Then it made this loud creaking noise. I'm not sure what's wrong! Please help

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would pull the seat back off and see if something is binding.
If you have been riding it alot, you may have frazzled a bearing. Good to inspect both mount points/hardware regularly. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I agree with srad. Sometimes the bearing may be bound up and ready for the garbage then you move it into a unusual prone position for a little bit and it just wrecks the whole nest.

I agree with srad. Sometimes the bearing may be bound up and ready for the garbage then you move it into a unusual prone position for a little bit and it just wrecks the whole nest.
Mikes pretty much par for the course there bud. Move that shock higher than the north territory and it haggards her right up. Whole thing gets fucked worse than a screen door on a battleship. Worst case ontario you gotta pull it apart throw some new bearings in there, get em more greased up than @snowflake at the gaybar on a tuesday and your ready to go out for a rip

Sorry guys i haven't seen nedge post anything in a while :smirk:

Mikes pretty much par for the course there bud. Move that shock higher than the north territory and it haggards her right up. Whole thing gets fucked worse than a screen door on a battleship. Worst case ontario you gotta pull it apart throw some new bearings in there, get em more greased up than @snowflake at the gaybar on a tuesday and your ready to go out for a rip

Sorry guys i haven't seen nedge post anything in a while :smirk:
I greased up your mother pretty good.

No I did not adjust my chain. How would that affect it

As your suspension compresses, the slack in the chain is removed, if there is no slack or if chain is to tight it can hinder the performance of the rear suspension.not to mention put undo stress on the chain,sprockets and rear wheel bearing. Not saying this is the problem, but it can contribute.

There is also the possibility that you dropped a socket or a screw or something and it's wedged between the shock and someplace else like the motor.

Roll the bike off a ledge and it should loosen right back up :smirk: Sorry I have nothing to contribute to this thread:lol:

The other guys provided you with some good advice. But if their ideas don't help definitely throw the bike off a ledge. :ride:

Roll the bike off a ledge and it should loosen right back up :smirk: Sorry I have nothing to contribute to this thread:lol:

The other guys provided you with some good advice. But if their ideas don't help definitely throw the bike off a ledge. :ride:

or hit one of those free style ramps in 6th gear