Yz 125 shock is stiff

A manual would have made this easier, but who wants to waste money on a tool when you can just have the dealership do it. Luckily my friends in smidget chat are talking about this thread in great detail so I don't really have to follow it here. :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I have a budget of 100 dollars. Can you give me an estimate?
I would expect a quote of 4-6 hours minimum from a dealership to do the job from start to finish.
Parts would have a 300% mark-up and if I were the mechanic, I would have found ways to get you for the extra hours for the level of effort required.
Takin it to a dealership half torn up will incur even more hours than the original task.
I don't think you could have gotten away at a dealership for less than $600, and definitely not now.
Press onwards. Your goal is in sight.-BIG DAN:thumb:

I'll knock it out for you for 20 bucks. You just need to ship it, or drive it on over.

The bearings are completely seized in the wish bone. So I am just going to order one off of eBay. But I'm not sure if it is compatible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 6
I cannot for the life of me get those bearings out. I replaced all the other ones. Can I use a vice? I've tried using a torch

Yes vise, yes press, yes 11:55 with a pizza at a machine shop, when you heat it up, you are heating it all up. Not going to help much. Soak it in Steve's favorite KY lube, or use the mystery oil Timo talks about (walmart, big bottle cheap) and then go to town on it with a hammer and a piece of rod, socket, etc. that fits inside. You can do it, it has been to long about now to give up. :thumb: