Yz 125 shock is stiff

My bearings came in today and I'm having trouble removing the linkage. Do I remove the bolt in the Swingarm? Do I take the chain guide off too?

Yes

I would also like to add that when you remove the back wheel to remove the shock be sure to remove the front wheel so it balances the bike. :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I took of my wheel and rear brake. Now I'm having trouble accessing the linkage bolts. Can you show me which bolts to take off?
All.
If the bearings are shot, you may have a hell of a time removing the bolts. I mean, get a bigger hammer and a set of 3/8 extensions (punches) for bashing on.
Items 21, 22, 30, 32, 34, and 37 all require removal. You need to keep those items though. Screwing up the threads is not recommended or you'll be replacing the hardware as well. Good luck! -BIG DAN:thumb:

1.jpg

First one yes, second one no. On the second picture, instead of doing the roller bolt, you can see th larger head bolt right behind it.

Nut will come off from the other side, then I have a feeling all your bolts will be faucked, and you'll have to attack it with a 12" long punch and a five pound sledge.