TIRES!

Dont do it. They are garbage tires. They suck to mount by hand. And they dont wear very well. I blew threw the back tire in like 3 rides. And Im just a casual desert rider like yourself. There is a reason you can get a pair of them for under $100. And they dont hook up very well either.

Mounting them is not a problem, 95% of time its operator error (imo), I can't spend over 100 bucks on tires right now :/ So its either something under 100 bucks or no riding.

James

Staff member
I'm with 2smoke, they wear out very quickly and don't grip as well as some of the others. Unless they're bald or have knobbies missing, I'd wait a few weeks until you get the extra cash. :noidea:

I am planning on getting a new rear tire and after reading and listening to all the talk on here I think I am going to go with the Bridgestone Gritty again. I have had this tire on my bike for 2 years now (bought it for Thanksgiving 2011) and it has had a lot of rides on it yet is still has some tread left. It still has decent traction too so I am not sure if I should replace it now or go through Thanksgiving on it. It will definitely need replacing if I put the 3rd Thanksgiving trip on it. It is hard to justify switching tires just to try something else. :noidea:

530 sometimes its best to go with what you know. I ran Maxxis tires for years. Then I learned about the Motoz brand tyres. I figured Id give them a shot. They cost about the same as the Maxxis. Plus or minus $5-$10 bucks. But like you I didnt know if I wanted to do a $85 dollar experiment. But they reviewed well and nobody I knew had ever heard of them. So I figured I give it shot. Been running them exclusively for the last 2-3 years. When I run into folks out on the trail they are like wow thats a gnarly looking tire. What is it? So I explain and some say they will give it a look when its time.

530 sometimes its best to go with what you know. I ran Maxxis tires for years. Then I learned about the Motoz brand tyres. I figured Id give them a shot. They cost about the same as the Maxxis. Plus or minus $5-$10 bucks. But like you I didnt know if I wanted to do a $85 dollar experiment. But they reviewed well and nobody I knew had ever heard of them. So I figured I give it shot. Been running them exclusively for the last 2-3 years. When I run into folks out on the trail they are like wow thats a gnarly looking tire. What is it? So I explain and some say they will give it a look when its time.
I was just looking at this tire you like and I must admit it looks impressive. I think I read that it is even DOT approved. I am going to see if it comes in the size I need and if I can get it at my favorite tire place and give it a try. I may order it online at the place you mentioned if I can not get it locally. :thumb:

They have them in 18 and 19 inch rears and 21 fronts and yes some of the models are DOT approved. Prices arent too bad. And you may have to order on line. The store I order from is in Murrietta. So you may find them locally where you are.

I need both front and rear. My first desert trip is coming up in 2 weeks. My rear is flat and knobs cracking off and same with the front. I have had these tires for like 2-3 years now. I do have the money, my dirt bike is a "want" not a "need", so I can't be spending too much money on it. The most i really am even willing to pay for a set is like $120 even though that is pushing it :/

I can't spend like $120+ on tires, when i am trying to save a move out lol I may just give the tires a try not too sure. I may even just sell my bike and say fuck it lmao

I need both front and rear. My first desert trip is coming up in 2 weeks. My rear is flat and knobs cracking off and same with the front. I have had these tires for like 2-3 years now. I do have the money, my dirt bike is a "want" not a "need", so I can't be spending too much money on it. The most i really am even willing to pay for a set is like $120 even though that is pushing it :/

I can't spend like $120+ on tires, when i am trying to save a move out lol I may just give the tires a try not too sure. I may even just sell my bike and say fuck it lmao

you won't

You do what you think you need to. But your gonna get what you pay for if you buy those tires. Not very much. Especially if you ride as hard as you say you do through the terrain that you ride in. Im thinking its very similar to what I ride in and those tires didnt fair very well.

They have them in 18 and 19 inch rears and 21 fronts and yes some of the models are DOT approved. Prices arent too bad. And you may have to order on line. The store I order from is in Murrietta. So you may find them locally where you are.
Looks like I need the 140/80 x 18 and the only tire that comes that size is the desert H/T. :thinking:

The duny d952 is a good tire. But I hope you have it mounted and dont do it yourself. I mounted one on my brothers bike and it sucked.

I bought a Sedona MX887IT for my bike. It's cheap and the reviews are hit or miss. I figured since I'm low on money and I will only get to ride until I ship out to Basic (no riding for 4-6 months, possibly more), you know..why not! It cant get too tore up in a couple rides.

It had a reputation on being hard to put on, they weren't lying. It took me hours to get it on. The sidewall is so stiff and thick, it was a supreme pain in the ass. NO DOUBT, hardest tire to put on! I will put money on it! There was one point where it was impossible to fit a tire spoon in the very last section that needed to be spooned over, so I had to do the unforgivable...I used a long chisel. I'd had enough anyways. Figured even if I did pop the tube, that side wall is thick enough to not make much a difference. :lol:

I will have a ride review Sunday. I'm going to hit my back trails with it tomorrow too.

I am planning on getting a new rear tire and after reading and listening to all the talk on here I think I am going to go with the Bridgestone Gritty again. I have had this tire on my bike for 2 years now (bought it for Thanksgiving 2011) and it has had a lot of rides on it yet is still has some tread left. It still has decent traction too so I am not sure if I should replace it now or go through Thanksgiving on it. It will definitely need replacing if I put the 3rd Thanksgiving trip on it. It is hard to justify switching tires just to try something else. :noidea:
Don't be a yo yo. Try something else, or wait and try mine on TDAY.