TIRES!

I am not a head case and I know that the reason I ride slow is not because of the tire. I run the dunlop 739 in the rear because I have for years and have only had one flat. And that was because it blew out when I hit a N***er head on the old Mint course. I run the MX 71 in the front for the same reason. I got a really good deal on Pirellis a few years back. I couldn't tell the difference in performance but had tons of pinch flats. almost 1 every other ride. So Based on performance I am not fast enough to be able to tell the difference in tires. Also I can't tell the difference between a 18" and a 19" inch wheel. And any weekend warrior would have a hard time convincing me that it affects them. I do believe tires make a difference but there is a certain speed you have to go to feel that difference and I think that a lot of people aren't there.

I think to many people read way more than they ride. And when they read that a tire does this and does that they are already convinced when they get on the bike.

Now I can tell the difference in air pressure but it has to be a HUGE difference. I run 16-18 in front and rear because in vegas it is hard packed and a lot of rocks that you hit at high speed. I like my wheels to be ROUND at the end of my ride so I run a little more pressure so I can keep them that way. The other day I got my bike back from DynoJet and they changed the tire I guess so they could run it on the dyno. Well when I got it back I never checked the air pressure. (my Fault) Well during the ride the bike was all over the place. Bouncing from left to right and it would track straight through the whoops. I thought somebody messed with my shock settings just to find out that there was 24 pounds of air pressure in the rear tire.

I agree with you Brock on alot of what youve posted. I really push the Motoz tires hard for a few reasons. They wear very well. Like you Im not that fast. I know Im not that fast. Ask Travace he has ridden with me. Im really not that fast. But for a comparison in tires the Maxxis Desert IT is as good of a tire for the type of riding that I do. And they are a little cheaper at times. But I choose the Motoz IT tire because I mount my own tires and it is the easiest IT tire I have ever mounted. Where the Maxxis side walls are so rigid that its a serious cussing match to get it on and off.

I agree with you Brock on alot of what youve posted. I really push the Motoz tires hard for a few reasons. They wear very well. Like you Im not that fast. I know Im not that fast. Ask Travace he has ridden with me. Im really not that fast. But for a comparison in tires the Maxxis Desert IT is as good of a tire for the type of riding that I do. And they are a little cheaper at times. But I choose the Motoz IT tire because I mount my own tires and it is the easiest IT tire I have ever mounted. Where the Maxxis side walls are so rigid that its a serious cussing match to get it on and off.

I had a Maxxis IT on a bike I bought used. When I tried to change the tires I literally had to cut the Maxxis of because I couldn't get it off even with a tire machine.

I had a Maxxis IT on a bike I bought used. When I tried to change the tires I literally had to cut the Maxxis of because I couldn't get it off even with a tire machine.

Really???? I do it all by hand with tire irons. But its a cussing match. Doing a Motoz tire I can remove the wheel from the bike dismount the tire, remount the tire and reinstall the wheel on the bike including adjusting the chain slack (about an hour) in the time it takes me to just dismount and remount a Maxxis tire on the wheel.

Maxxis takes me about 20 mins start to finish including putting the bike on the stand. Michelins however sucked ass.

I use the cheapo 9" tire irons I bought a 100yrs ago..... love them buggers. I bought the big spoon thinking it would be faster but as it turns out it slows me down significantly.

I will add my 2 cents. I am always stumped on what is the better tire. I have been running the Bridgestone Gritty on the rear for a couple seasons now and I have nothing bad to say about it. I think I have around 1300 miles on it now and it still has some decent knob left on it. I have the Geo MX51 up front and that seems to be a good tire as well but it appears to wear down quickly. I am now thinking about the MX71 or the Bridgestone 603 for the front this time around. :noidea: I am not that hard on tires which is why it seems the MX 51 wears out too fast.

I will add my 2 cents. I am always stumped on what is the better tire. I have been running the Bridgestone Gritty on the rear for a couple seasons now and I have nothing bad to say about it. I think I have around 1300 miles on it now and it still has some decent knob left on it. I have the Geo MX51 up front and that seems to be a good tire as well but it appears to wear down quickly. I am now thinking about the MX71 or the Bridgestone 603 for the front this time around. :noidea: I am not that hard on tires which is why it seems the MX 51 wears out too fast.
SX pro tires are only good for a moto or 2. Longevity and traction are tradeoffs

I have Michelins on my bike they have been great tires, I hit hard rocks all the time, never a flat. I decided they were so good I put them on my sons bike. OMFG they are a Muthfuka to put on. Three grown men and one monkey it took to get them on the rims.

I just rode with a new Bridgestone M403 up front and I felt it handles as good as any other tire I have ever used. I like it better than the MX51 I took off since it was well rounded out.