TIRES!

So in a few rides I will be needing a new front tire. So why not start a thread and see what kind of tires everyone else runs.

I don't have a brand that I like, as I have always got used tires from friends. So lets here it.

Please let us know what kind of terrain you ride on also. :ride:

Maxxis IT front and rear... best tire I have ever ran in 35 yrs of riding and racing... I ride MX in all sorts of conditions from hardpack and loam to woodchips and sand.... They even work well on packed clay SX tracks.

Front Maxis IT has nothing on the Geomax MX51 on the left, maxis on the right. Rears on my bikes are Trials pirelli MT43, not made in 19's.
images
images
images

I run a Dunlop 739 rear and an MX 71 front. After removing a Maxxis Desert IT I will never put one on my bike.

Front Maxis IT has nothing on the Geomax MX51 on the left, maxis on the right. Rears on my bikes are Trials pirelli MT43, not made in 19's.
images
images
images

I think alot of it has to do with the bike as well... I ran Geomax's one race season because I couldnt get any Maxxis tires... for me the Maxxis was worlds better... Alot of the people I ride with are now using the Maxxis IT's as well and prefer them over the dunlops. They also reacted better to tire pressure than the Geomax's do. The Dunlops always rode like they had 16psi of air in them unless I went under 8psi... then they ran flat... but again, I'm an MX guy and I'm on the right coast.

Here are pictures of all of the Motoz tires that are available.
All_Pairs_small.jpg

The pair that I run is the third from the left. Its called the tractionator. The are fantastic and hook up in everything that Ive run them through, rocks, sand, mud, hard pack. Matter of fact the front is reversible for hard pack or loose.

This is what the manufacturer says about the Tractionator. "

MX grip with long distance durability. Handles multiple applications, from MX to Desert racing, Hare Scrambles to multi day enduro. The asymmetric tread design gives a high grip/wear ratio and is smooth and predictable. The fron great for taking the inside line and is reversible to match different surface conditions. This tire is suited great for desert riders.
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif