All Ticket from BLM regarding litter in the fire pit.

The ranger could have cited several more things. In an open area like Spangler, all glass beverage containers are illegal. Yes that means beer in glass bottles in you ice chest or fridge. It also applies to a glass container in side your RV. Fire permits are in general required.

They tend to be really tight about litter of any kind at any time these days. I've been hassled about a pile of crushed beer cans right next to my trash bag. I managed to talk the guy out of writing a ticket, but it took effort.

I'm mostly in the don't put it in the fire if it doesn't burn group. I bring water for the express purpose of putting out the fire. A really big fire can take a *lot* of water to put out.

The ranger could have cited several more things. In an open area like Spangler, all glass beverage containers are illegal. Yes that means beer in glass bottles in you ice chest or fridge. It also applies to a glass container in side your RV. Fire permits are in general required.

They tend to be really tight about litter of any kind at any time these days. I've been hassled about a pile of crushed beer cans right next to my trash bag. I managed to talk the guy out of writing a ticket, but it took effort.

I'm mostly in the don't put it in the fire if it doesn't burn group. I bring water for the express purpose of putting out the fire. A really big fire can take a *lot* of water to put out.
thats a bit extreme. we do that a lot. we all jsut throw our cans into a pile near the fire at night while getting hammered. then in the morning we pick up the entire pile. wtf i would have been pissed if i got a ticket for that when there was no intention of leaving the cans in the first place.

thats a bit extreme. we do that a lot. we all jsut throw our cans into a pile near the fire at night while getting hammered. then in the morning we pick up the entire pile. wtf i would have been pissed if i got a ticket for that when there was no intention of leaving the cans in the first place.

I walked through two mornings in a row and picked up bottles and cans. My kids recycle and it gives them extra squish!