All Ticket from BLM regarding litter in the fire pit.

I had a BLM enforcement guy stop and check our draining grey water. He said it was OK as long as it wasn't black water.

AND...50%$ of the people LEO contact are dicks or stupid. That's why they are being contacted.
This is a touchy subject. It used to be okay to dump grey water anywhere as far as I remember but these days it is not such a good idea. You could dump grey water up in the Sierra's and out in the desert but now I think it is not permitted. If the time comes, as it has in the past, I simply do what Xquadtard does and that is wait until dark. :devil: Just a thought, have you ever been downwind when Geek lets go of some grey? :puke: :smirk:

You'll be getting my $20 WG :thumb: extra to a killer smoked meat? No thanks, I like to eat before 10pm. :poke:

Chinese Lanterns? - love'm. I guess Trav won't camp with me anymore. I know, scavenger hunt in the morning to find your lanterns. :thinking: good fun right there.
lol i guess not haha.

sometimes tho you treat a person the way they are acting, doesn't mean the one giving it back is out of line. Act a fool get treated as a fool, sometimes its appropriate. Been a cop since 1982. Im a natural smart ass, but you need to know when n with who to be a smart ass with. I try not to be a dick, but what I think Im projecting isn't always what the receiver is thinking Im projecting. Cant please all the people all the time. Well enuf said from my end.

I don't think it's ever been legal to dump grey water... regardless of who let who get away with it. It has rotting food and soap and body grease in it... it can smell nasty unless you bleach/treat your tanks after each trip... unless you really have to get through a weekend without backing up the shower you shouldn't dump it on the ground just for personal convenience.

How would you like to get camp all set up and then discover you need to move everything 50 feet cause you parked on last weekends grey dump ?

In a pinch... I will run some grey into my black tank to create space. Grey is always more full. If I have to dump any grey I dig a good size hole so I can cover the dump spot for the next guy. Just trying to do my part not being THAT GUY.

2 cents

Last edited:
I piss in my shower, does that make it black? :smirk:

I parked by a last week dump once, and moved my rig over the top rather than next to. I also will dig an extra large hole if I need to dump the grey a little. Have any of you ever had to take a dump out on the trail? I have and did. Is that ok???:D
Yeah, it's using the damn lava rocks as TP that's the worse.:moon:

This is a touchy subject. It used to be okay to dump grey water anywhere as far as I remember but these days it is not such a good idea. You could dump grey water up in the Sierra's and out in the desert but now I think it is not permitted. If the time comes, as it has in the past, I simply do what Xquadtard does and that is wait until dark. :devil: Just a thought, have you ever been downwind when Geek lets go of some grey? :puke: :smirk:

And all this time I just thought it was Geek passing gas! :lol:

You'll be getting my $20 WG :thumb: extra to a killer smoked meat? No thanks, I like to eat before 10pm. :poke:

Chinese Lanterns? - love'm. I guess Trav won't camp with me anymore. I know, scavenger hunt in the morning to find your lanterns. :thinking: good fun right there.
I will make an exception and eat at 8:30pm.:smirk:

sometimes tho you treat a person the way they are acting, doesn't mean the one giving it back is out of line. Act a fool get treated as a fool, sometimes its appropriate. Been a cop since 1982. Im a natural smart ass, but you need to know when n with who to be a smart ass with. I try not to be a dick, but what I think Im projecting isn't always what the receiver is thinking Im projecting. Cant please all the people all the time. Well enuf said from my end.
I think you missed my point. If the perp is a dick or disrespectful, they deserve whatever they get. It is the LEO's that start off on the wrong foot that bother me. If I did not say it before, I have always been pro law enforcement. LEO's have a tough job, but they need to deal with each situation independently based on the situation and the people involved.

I don't think it's ever been legal to dump grey water... regardless of who let who get away with it. It has rotting food and soap and body grease in it... it can smell nasty unless you bleach/treat your tanks after each trip... unless you really have to get through a weekend without backing up the shower you shouldn't dump it on the ground just for personal convenience.

How would you like to get camp all set up and then discover you need to move everything 50 feet cause you parked on last weekends grey dump ?

In a pinch... I will run some grey into my black tank to create space. Grey is always more full. If I have to dump any grey I dig a good size hole so I can cover the dump spot for the next guy. Just trying to do my part not being THAT GUY.

2 cents
Good points. I only do it when I have to. But all that grey is biodegradable. As a matter of fact, I have grey lines at my house to help save my septic. I run them in my plant beds, and they love it. No long lasting smell either. Reduces the amount of water I need for watering too.:prof:

I have my washing machine going to the trees... everything else to septic. We even have a couple old school cesspits... one connected to a modern outhouse/bathroom... other to the guest house/modified single wide. Come to think of it kitchen sink in the party barn dumps to trees as well. I am feeling very green all of a sudden.
Truth is black is all biodegradable too. Jus stinkier.
Topes.gif

The septic dude in town was telling me in the old days to get a new septic charge burning on good bacteria folks would toss a dead rabbit in the tank. Cheaper than yeast I guess. :smirk:

I have my washing machine going to the trees... everything else to septic. We even have a couple old school cesspits... one connected to a modern outhouse/bathroom... other to the guest house/modified single wide. Come to think of it kitchen sink in the party barn dumps to trees as well. I am feeling very green all of a sudden.
Truth is black is all biodegradable too. Jus stinkier.
Topes.gif

The septic dude in town was telling me in the old days to get a new septic charge burning on good bacteria folks would toss a dead rabbit in the tank. Cheaper than yeast I guess. :smirk:
But the black can make you sick. Especially my black.:lol: