The MX Track - How was your day today?

Awesome day at http://rivervalleymotocross.com/
Great dirt, nice layout super fun track.
At one point they gave me the checkers. I pull off and ask the guy “what, did I win?” He said “it’s getting pretty busy, we’re gonna separate the experts and beginners.” I say ok sooo.. He points at me and goes “you’re beginner” AWW MAN! “sorry dude” he says with a grin.
There were some way fast dudes out there, and it was a smart move. Worked out pretty good for me actually, cause I went from being somewhere in the middle to whooping that ass! Last session there was some carnage, guy crashed right in front of me off a fairly big table, bikes on the ground left and right and sketchy as hell and fun as moto gets!
I love it:ride:

Good day today. Fattened up the mix as @Myhilo33 recommended, bike is still way fast, and my cornering still sucks. The YZ Dr. is hooking me up though :thumb:

Suspension is AMAZING compared to my 99. I sent it higher and farther than ever today, and I'll make it to work on Monday. All good in the hood.

Good day today. Fattened up the mix as @Myhilo33 recommended, bike is still way fast, and my cornering still sucks. The YZ Dr. is hooking me up though :thumb:

Suspension is AMAZING compared to my 99. I sent it higher and farther than ever today, and I'll make it to work on Monday. All good in the hood.

always look 20ft ahead of you.when entering the turn, look at the apex,when you reach the apex look at the exit, when you exit you should be looking at the next obstacle. stay on the throttle slightly and use the clutch to meter the power to the rear wheel. you should be using the clutch with your middle finger and/or ring finger I just use middle... never use your forefinger because thats the one with the most strength and you need that for holding on.

You can use the rear brake to meter power coming out of the turn as well,by dragging ithe brake as your rolling on the throttle however you’ll go thru rear pads pretty quickly. But the technique works well.

A good thing to practice is trying not to use your brakes coming into the turn. I practice doing it every time I ride. Approach at a steady speed where you don’t need them, and try to use the bike position to slow you. Feel you’re about to go over the berm and pitch the bike as if you had no brakes, and you can get on the throttle sooner. Outside elbow up, inside leg up, grip the throttle as if you're trying to shake someone’s hand, or twist a doorknob. It rained here for 12 hours yesterday :(

A good thing to practice is trying not to use your brakes coming into the turn. I practice doing it every time I ride. Approach at a steady speed where you don’t need them, and try to use the bike position to slow you. Feel you’re about to go over the berm and pitch the bike as if you had no brakes, and you can get on the throttle sooner. Outside elbow up, inside leg up, grip the throttle as if you're trying to shake someone’s hand, or twist a doorknob. It rained here for 12 hours yesterday :(

Usually what I do when I’m coming into a turn, I open up the palms of my hands and push against the handlebars as I’m decelerating for that one or one and a half seconds, it is the best thing you can do to Eliminate arm pump

Today was a good day, but I dont feel like I made any progress. Didn't crash though.
The front end doesn't feel planted. I backed off the rebound 2 clicks twice, now 4 clicks out from wherever it was, but I didn't notice much difference. It feels like it wants to wash out. Tire is an MX51, at 11.5 psi, but I'm not very confident rolling into a corner.

The bike felt good a few weeks ago when we re-set the sag and made some adjustments, but it feels different now. Less stable.
The day ended on the last lap at the end of the day with a flat rear tire. Good timing.

All yz’s feel like they want to wash out on me in the turns, but that’s just me. Most people do not like the way my RM handles.
RM's have always ripped corners. Best turning MX bike for their day. The saying ws, I want my yZ to turn like an RM, pull gas cap off the YX and roll an RM under and re-attach. But the YZ has other traits people will not substitute with an RM. Not brand loyalist, just things that work.

What do you guys think of IRC tires?
I was at the track not long ago and saw a guy with a front tire that looked like a rear tire. Super huge side lugs, and I thought, that's what I want.
I saw these on RMATV;
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/irc-ve35-enduro-tire-p?v=3907
I am really liking the Shinko Fatty up front. Every time I toss the bike in a corner, it works. Grant it, it's desert not track, but 8-10psi, really works with this beefy tire.
I use IRC HD tubes, but not the tires.

You can use the rear brake to meter power coming out of the turn as well,by dragging ithe brake as your rolling on the throttle however you’ll go thru rear pads pretty quickly. But the technique works well.

Make his head spin....
I only drag the brake when accelerating when the turn is pitted with breaking bumps and acceleration bumps. It allows the rearend to settle in rather than hop.

Today was a good day, but I dont feel like I made any progress. Didn't crash though.
The front end doesn't feel planted. I backed off the rebound 2 clicks twice, now 4 clicks out from wherever it was, but I didn't notice much difference. It feels like it wants to wash out. Tire is an MX51, at 11.5 psi, but I'm not very confident rolling into a corner.

The bike felt good a few weeks ago when we re-set the sag and made some adjustments, but it feels different now. Less stable.
The day ended on the last lap at the end of the day with a flat rear tire. Good timing.

Drop the front psi by 1/2lb but go back to your original suspension setting. By chance are you bleeding your forks after every moto?