The MX Track - How was your day today?

Good bars , they do bend , I use fly racing carbon steel , cost .cheap .. easy enough to replace , or bend them back .. I have one set custom bent .. ends bent back slightly , easier on broken wrists ...

I would prefer them to bend rather than break. I dont think I would have crashed yesterday if the bars hadn't broke.
I wish I could get specs. I noticed yesterday that I cant fully stand up on the bike so I want some that are a little taller if I can find them.

I do. They just sent me a new spring kit for the KX, no charge, and was here in 2 days.

So the 06 YZ previous owner was about 160 lbs and I'm assuming the fork springs are stock. I did put in the new 5.4 shock spring as mentioned and I have a new set of .46 fork springs coming.
Is it recommended that the spring set be matched to my weight as per the Racetech calculator, or should I return them and stay with whats currently installed?

Honestly you are better off with stock suspension than trying to tune someone else’s personalized boingers.
Save some squish and send them out to Factory Connection. Give them a call first, tell them (shop manager) you are single dad strapped to a budget but want the most for your buck. In return for some cash you’ll receive the very best set of forks and shock that you will only have to adjust back and forth one click. From Ohio to Florida I have only ever had to go one click either way to keep it tracking. Luke (my kid) hasn’t touched any of his settings in 8 years on 3 different bikes.

After much thought, I think the problem was loose bar bolts. Since it all happened so fast and I didn't have a go-pro recording it and cant review it, I think that the bars shifted downward toward the tank, and that they broke when the bike crashed into the dirt. Somewhere in that 1 second get-off I ended up whiskeying it. That doesn't make sense to me though cuz I would think if the bars shifted down to the tank I would be letting off the throttle...but I cant say for sure.
I did order a set of Moose steel CR high bars though, ones that are knurled. Not Windham that I know of.
The knurling was the selling factor, along with the price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392253486714
At my level, I'm sure they're gonna be fine.
Until they arrive I installed a set of slightly bent Renthals that I had lying around to get me back to the track this weekend so I can redeem myself.

Torque wrench is your friend when it comes handlebar and triple clamp bolts..... just sayin.
Yep, and a point well taken Mike. Pain is a wonderful instructor, but it got over-looked.
The bars felt fine for the first hour and a half of riding, but I got used to her after that and started getting pretty aggressive. She does everything so much better, cornering, jumping, power, it was a natural progression!
It wont happen again I assure you.