The MX Track - How was your day today?

Still loving the kids 125, way too much fun.
Got to the track Saturday, met up with a dude I met there a couple months ago, he parked next to me.
He had his friend from TX with him, and both of his bikes, (both numbered the same). One was his newer yz250, and his also newer 2014 yz125, for his friend to ride.
What a nice guy.
7:00am, nearly 90 by now, got out onto the track. Did a couple laps then got off to get the dirt out of my goggles. Had been watching the friend...he didn't seem super fast.
There is a set of rollers at Motoland up front that, after 3 years, I still dont have the guts to try...(soon though, been building up to them).
Dude did his first lap and rolled them. I thought, okay, lets see what he can do.
After the first lap I assumed he was a rookie, or never been here before.
I was looking for someone to follow.
So, I'm pulled off the track tending to the crud in my goggles, and I see this kid wide open going over these rollers on his 2nd lap. At first I thought okay, he knows what he's doing. But then he cased the landing of the 1st jump, bounced off the 2nd, and came off the back of the bike at the 3rd.
I rode over to see if help was needed. When I reached him I asked if he was okay, and he complained of low back/pelvis pain. In order to determine his state of consciousness or awareness, I asked him what happened?
He stated the the throttle stuck wide open, and that he was just trying to ride it out.
I went to the bike ( a sweet 2014 YZ125), and the throttle operated normally.
He eventually got up, and got on the quad for a ride back to the pits.

His parents were on the way to watch him ride, and when they arrived to see him all banged up, they took him to see medical people.

Not sure how he is doing now cuz I dont know him, but his buddy (the owner of the bike) is looking at around 500-1200 damage to his 125.

Dude got off hard, and I watched it all.

He destroyed the subframe, all the plastics, broke the airbox, bent the bars, and possibly bent the forks, those nice Kayaba's.

Not sure if the throttle was stuck pinned, or if he pinned it, but it was definitely pinned when hit those rollers.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol: Shit I haven't even reached the second line yet
Brad :picard: You asked for that :cheers:
So Bernard how did you get round the kx kicker problem?
Hope the foots good btw!:ride:

Last edited:
Removed and straightened , re clocked , now using boots to protect bad feet . Last week had grandson kick over KX 250 after falling on trail ..While i held bike . Hard to reach for us short people . Easier to horse mount than kick start .. broken bones healed , but still tender , Thanks for asking ...

Asked the boy if he wanted to go to the track this weekend, stating that either I would be riding his 125, and that we either needed to put a new tube in the yz250 for me so he could ride his 125,
or fix the fork seals in the kx250f, so he could ride it, or...
He said he wants to ride to kx.
I said, well, it needs the forks rebuilt and I dont want to sweat it out in the garage unless you are willing to help me do it.
He happily offered to jump in and get involved.
Should be an interesting weekend :noidea:.

He re-neged, the schmuck. Decided to go play with his friends instead. So I'm out there sweating it out by myself.
I may just bring both bikes (yz125 & kx250f) to the track tomorrow and let him sleep.

Fork seal question on the KX thread.

Side note: I'm loving his 125, and was very fast (for me) at the track today. Probably the best I've ever ridden.

Enjoy yourself , you put in the time , enjoy your work , I take at least 2 , sometimes 3 bikes . Change is good , for practice , spirit , and just plain fun ...we have single trail , mx , and hill climbing trails . Go home tired ... sleep well ...

Going to bed early now. Bringing the yz125 and the kx250f to the track tomorrow. The yz250 still sits with a pinched rear tube, and I'm all good with that...