The MX Track - How was your day today?

Use to ride in the heat all the time when I was younger. I still do not have a problem with it, but you need to be careful.

Use to ride in the heat all the time when I was younger. I still do not have a problem with it, but you need to be careful.
No shit right!?
It's gonna be hot as a pistol on Saturday. But I'll be there at 5:45 and done by 10 at the latest.

Stupid question - is VP 110 leaded or unleaded?

This stuff;
VP 110.jpg

I know it says tetraethyl lead, but I dont know what that means.

Reason I ask is I put in the truck for the KXF on Saturday...(I ran it in the YZ all that weekend in the mountains at Payson)...

Lead boosts the octane by raising the flash point and burns cooler. I run c-12 and 110 depending on what’s available. The Honda feels that it likes the 110 better for some reason.

Leaded - good fule to run during hot days to keep the motor cooler. I use to run race fuel back in the day for 2 reasons. 1. it ran cooler during the summer desert series when it was 120 out. 2. FMF built my KX500 motors and they were rockets. You had to run race fuel in the bike or it would pin all day.

I feel better about running it now, thanks y'all. Also got a small lesson in fuel from some other links this morning.

I think I'm gonna save a pint to drink myself at the track tomorrow, help me run a little cooler as well :ride:.

Took the kids 125 and the kx to the track today. Finally got to ride the KX and she's got .9 hours on her now. She feels like she could be making more power and I'm wondering if I'm too fat in the jetting. She does not start easy, but when she's running she runs and idles good.
Put about 5 laps on her and had a hard landing up front on the last one. Pulled into the pits to cool off and noticed the right fork puked the seals and bushings. They were all down at the bottom of the fork, clip ring was almost gone.
I knew I needed seals (and I have new ones) but its the only part on this bike I havent touched yet. (I hate doing fork seals), and sure as shit, they grenaded. End of day on the KX.

But, while surprising to me (prolly not to you guys), I'm way faster on the kids 125, and the KX...that YZ250 is hard to get a hold of on the track.

Brought the 125 into the shop today when I got home, cleaned the carb, dropped the needle, (more work than rejetting), test rode (she rips again), and am bringing her to Motoland tomorrow. I notice that the temp is more of a factor in the 125 when adjusting the carb.

The YZ250 can sit for awhile...

The Kx...ugh, fork seals...

Last edited: