The MX Track - How was your day today?

Was frigging great temps here today! Only about 105 with a slight breeze.
Put some time on the KX, not much, and had a couple other guys that are more familiar ride it. One kid that was killing it on his '16 450 loved it. But when the bike died or stalled, restarting was a bitch. I've always had problems starting it though.
Talked with one of the local guru guys who has some experience and he said that he always had to raise the float level more than recommended. The kid with the 450 said he felt the same thing, like it needed more fuel.
So kinda wondering what to do here. It does have Stage 1 Hotcams in it so I'm wondering if I should richen the mixture, but then am thinking that even though the cams might be holding the valves open longer, the mix shouldn't be affected by that...???
Right now the MJ is a 178, and I dont have a larger one.

It never stalled or died for me though, but I wasn't anywhere near as aggressive as they were when riding it.
It's a way different bike than than YZ's. Huge engine braking, steering is all different.
I noticed a decent amount of head wobble coming out of the corners a few times. Nothing too out of control, but definitely not as stable as the Yamaha's.
But the engine is solid, very strong and fast.

I feel like I shouldn't have taken both bikes though. I didn't really get a chance to capitalize on the progress made on the 125 last weekend, and I didn't really spend enough time on the KX to get a good feel for it, other than its way different.

But I'll make it to work tomorrow morning so I guess it was a good day at the track.

Glad to hear that fucking basket case has a new lease on life! Nice job on getting it going.
Thanks!
It'll be a nice bike once I get it tuned.
Not sure I want to give it to the kid just yet though even though he wants it. It's pretty fast and powerful, and I think he (and myself) still have a lot to learn on the YZ125.
But the engine sounds amazing...

KX 250 F Is a strong fast bike , mine is very twitchy on throttle . KInd scary sometimes .. gets the heart pumping ... I actually feel more at ease on the YZ 450 F ...

What anyone does with advise is up to them , I don't understand what he is trying to say .. I do know what helps me . I'm not against trying to help someone learn , I've learned a lot from some pro's and hall of famers ..

After some thought , I think what he is saying is , in my terms , dirt tracker .. drive deeper into corner , back off to set up , then trail brake while getting on the gas . Close ?

Psssst. FYI: CDA is a nationally ranked professional desert racer and former Team Green rider and I think Honda rider as well........ he knows what he’s talking about when he offers advice and in the 10yrs I’ve known him he has never led anyone in the wrong direction.
:blush: Stop it.......:hug:
After some thought , I think what he is saying is , in my terms , dirt tracker .. drive deeper into corner , back off to set up , then trail brake while getting on the gas . Close ?
Close - but not dirt track.....4 strokes have mass engine braking compared to a 2 stroke. Switching from one bike to the next is a transition. On 2 strokes you let off the gas earlier as they coast. A 4 stroke you can hold the throttle on longer and let off right when you get into the corner as the natural engine braking will slow you down. You will find in the same corner you can lay off the brakes more on a 4 stroke than a 2.....