The MX Track - How was your day today?

dQ3Bg4Y.jpg

Dirt dry and dusty, moto skills rusty but no crashes, track all to myself, all in all best Wednesday in a long time. Back to the grind :whip:

Me and YZ250F buddy went to Payson last weekend for some trail riding. Was going to take the KX, but it still doesn't fire, so loaded up the YZ. That poor thing. I abused the shit out of her.
Had to rejet when we got there (6000 ft), and holy shit was that some brutal riding. Probably put on 50 miles total, about half of it was over 12-16" sharp jagged rocks, uphill both ways. By far the most technical riding I have ever done. Learned some serious throttle control.
But she ran great. We went out twice on Saturday, and according to the hour meter I put on 6. We were smoked by the end of the day, so I came up with the great idea to leave that night and head to ACP for a MX ride in the morning...you can imagine how that went.

Probably gonna need a new clutch and tires now though. Those MX33's I just put on...done.

Here I was sitting at home, just finished up a grueling contract at work and still recovering from last weekend in Payson, thinking I was gonna chill this weekend, (maybe the next couple months), and my new buddy Pete with his brand new 06 YZ450F calls me up and says "you gonna be riding this weekend? I'll be at Motoland at 6:30."
It's like forecasted 111 tomorrow...
But here we go!

I justify this cuz I just spent $85.00 on 5 gallons of VP and still have 3 left.
It would be a shame to let it go to spoils...

Edit for last weekend...
Woke up Saturday with a flat rear tire. Put 20 lbs in it hoping it would last. Got to the track and it was gone. Went to the track store and bought a used $35.00 MX33 since mine was destroyed, and went back to the truck to install the tire and the new tube I bought when we first arrived in Payson...went to install both at 6:45am, and by 7:30 I pinched that new tube as well, 2 in a row now.
I said fuck it, and left.
I dont ride well when I'm pissed and over-heated.

Last edited:
For the 2nd time in like 18 months, I'm gonna chill from the track this weekend.
Too hot and humid, and I'm tired of working on bikes in these temps to get them ready.
I might just take the next couple months off and go skydiving again.
It's still hot and sweaty, but at least it's nice and cool at 13,000 feet.
We'll see...
Roczen was on fire today!

I may check out the local track soon for the first time since last year. I hear they turned it from a track full monster jumps into an old school 70’s style track. All I’ve ever liked are the turns and whoops.

I may check out the local track soon for the first time since last year. I hear they turned it from a track full monster jumps into an old school 70’s style track. All I’ve ever liked are the turns and whoops.
Those are the only tracks I ever liked. Kiddy track looked fun around the local tracks here that I have been to to watch my youngest.

Pete called me again today, heading back to ACP this weekend with the KX250F, and the kids YZ125 just in case.
It should only be like 104 on Saturday...:banghead::bonk:

I just read it's 97 in Prescott for the next couple days.
After being up in those neck of the woods a couple weeks ago, it's warm...but WAY better than in the valley. Bring some water and you'll be just fine.
Down here in the valley, bring a generator and a fan, lots of water, and rip it.
Having a truck with A/C to sit in between moto's is really helpful too.