The MX Track - How was your day today?

A cold front would be nice here too, but it aint gonna happen until October-November. Seriously cant complain though, it was under 100 up until last Friday. Normally were over 100 in May, so we had a looong spring. I turned my AC on last week. Which BTW - works perfectly!
The asshole that tried to sell me a whole new system for 6K aint getting his vacuum pump back...dickhead.

I really am looking forward to going back to my "old" track to tackle those jumps I was afraid of. After today, I realize how small they are, but I'm not sure when I'll get there.
ACP is amazing (to me at least). It might become my new home track. An extra 35 minute drive, but worth it.

And since I've got the YZ250F sitting in my garage, it's probably a good time to yank the top-end on my 06. See what that head and piston look like, as Mikey is waiting for. I admit I'm curious to see if it resembles the pics he posted in that thread, but I have been running 100 octane for the past 2 months now...

It'll be a good time to go to a different bike again anyway. Kinda like girlfriends - you dont get rid of one til you got another one lined up :thumb:.

ACP looks like a nice place to ride. I think a well designed track layout is almost as important as the soil type. It can be blue groove if it’s laid out right, conversely, you can have great dirt but not as fun if it doesn’t flow and keeps you shifting.
If bikes are like girlfriends, then tracks are like blowjobs. Its all good, but some are better than others.
You spend a couple weekends on that 250f and next time you ride the yz you will wonder why you put up with her.
Sure she may be hot, but she’s a bitch.

Heading back to ACP tomorrow with the kiddo, and my buddy with the 06 YZ250F.
Should be a good day, swapping bikes. I'm gonna ride all 3.

Fukn great day today! Hot as fuk!
I ain't never been so high off the deck on a bike.
Questions posed to the 06 YZ250 thread though, would like comments...

After butchering my brand new tube yesterday trying to put the new MX33 on the YZ, I wasn't sure how the day at the track was gonna go today. I ended up patching the old tube and man what a difference that new front tire makes.
Like a different bike.
I cleared 4 jumps today for the first time, and was able to lay that thing over in the corners.
Going back for more tomorrow.

Also, brought the kid with and he said his 125 was slow. So I took it for a few laps. Damn that thing is fun! It's so light.
But it was rather sluggish down low, so I pulled into the pits and dropped the needle one position. Went to take it out for some more thrashing, and before I even made it onto the track the throttle cable broke :thumbsdown:.

My 250 doesn't feel so sluggish. Are 125's more susceptible to temperature changes? It was 100 degrees out there...

After butchering my brand new tube yesterday trying to put the new MX33 on the YZ, I wasn't sure how the day at the track was gonna go today. I ended up patching the old tube and man what a difference that new front tire makes.
Like a different bike.
I cleared 4 jumps today for the first time, and was able to lay that thing over in the corners.
Going back for more tomorrow.

Also, brought the kid with and he said his 125 was slow. So I took it for a few laps. Damn that thing is fun! It's so light.
But it was rather sluggish down low, so I pulled into the pits and dropped the needle one position. Went to take it out for some more thrashing, and before I even made it onto the track the throttle cable broke :thumbsdown:.

My 250 doesn't feel so sluggish. Are 125's more susceptible to temperature changes? It was 100 degrees out there...

It may have been sluggish due to the busted throttle cable fraying as you twisted. I imagine with the heat the air is pretty dense.

It may have been sluggish due to the busted throttle cable fraying as you twisted. I imagine with the heat the air is pretty dense.
I dont think the throttle was the problem cuz it ran fine up high, and operated correctly for about a dozen laps until it broke. I'll see how it runs next weekend I guess.

Did your boy ride anything else that day? 125’s always fee that way after you get off a 250. Once my son took a spin on my yz250 the 125 was “the clutch is slipping”’or “no power” or just slow. Id ride it and it would be fine, just a 125 that’s all.
Once you e had the pussy, spankng just ain’t the same

Did your boy ride anything else that day?
Nope. But he knows his bike, and it was very sluggish. Noticeably. Just down in the low rpms, up top it went okay.
When the cable gets here I'm gonna go through the carb again.
Probably gonna order a new top-end for it too, even though he's only put 12 hours on it since we rebuilt it.

Why would the float height have changed? What could cause this? I haven't touched it.

I let the boy install the new throttle cable. He took it for a ride around the hood and gave me a wishy-washy answer when I asked him if it was good. I haven't ridden it yet to be sure, and he's with his psycho on vacation now, so it can wait.

However, I did put some mud on the KX today!

What a different beast. Want to slow down for the turn, just let off the throttle. Want to go fast again, just twist it. It'll take some getting used to for sure, but was a good first run, except for when I killed the engine.

Question in its thread...