The Football Field 2-22-2011

Great pics! Man I am going nuts not getting any riding in up here as everything looks like your last pic above 3000f. ( Where all the riding is )

P.S. I am now calling it the GEEKRACKSLIDE, as I have now seen as many pics of Rack walking down it as I have WeatherGeek. :lol: :moon: :lol:
Come on guys grow a pair. You watch the kiddies do it, you watch other old men do it, you've seen people come up it, jump it, wheelie down it. Have you ever seen anyone crash on it? You can do it!!!!!

WRONG :prof::prof:

That would be Captian Pumpkin walking down the Geek Slide!!!

We now need Captian Pumpkin to put his UNEDITED AUDIO and video of when he rolled up to it :lol::lol:

Great pics! Man I am going nuts not getting any riding in up here as everything looks like your last pic above 3000f. ( Where all the riding is )

P.S. I am now calling it the GEEKRACKSLIDE, as I have now seen as many pics of Rack walking down it as I have WeatherGeek. :lol: :moon: :lol:
Come on guys grow a pair. You watch the kiddies do it, you watch other old men do it, you've seen people come up it, jump it, wheelie down it. Have you ever seen anyone crash on it? You can do it!!!!!

WRONG :prof::prof:

That would be Captian Pumpkin walking down the Geek Slide!!!

We now need Captian Pumpkin to put his UNEDITED AUDIO and video of when he rolled up to it :lol::lol:

Here is the pic of Captian Pumpkin walking the GEEK SLIDE

DSCN0047.jpg

The Audio on his helmet cam goes something like this..............

Captian Pumpkin - You gotta be F#$*^% kidding me, no F#$*^% way, you gotta be S#!$$*&# me. F#@% that!

:lol:

God I hope he posts that video :lol: :cry:

not to be like a party pooper or anything but are you serious, thats like a 5 foot rock face, in ohio theres shale walls that ive done that are well over 15 feet tall, and i was on my 140L, come on guys, now i have my cr 250 so ill be doing even bigger hills and rock faces

Nice pics Rack and thanks again for letting Bota55 and I crash your group for the day. It was a good testing day for the shoulder and the TTR mods. I have a few tweaks to perform and then it will be time for another run...

Nice pics Rack and thanks again for letting Bota55 and I crash your group for the day. It was a good testing day for the shoulder and the TTR mods. I have a few tweaks to perform and then it will be time for another run...

You need to add your pics to this thread :prof:

Friday morning CDA & Bota showed up with CDA modded out TTR :rocker: Can you believe it, he actually took it "OFF THE STAND"

DSCN0058.jpg
I almost paniced when I got out there because my stand was not in the truck, and I remembered the TTR had a stick hanging off the side that held it up...
Didn't have time for many pics as we were testing the reliability of the modified TTR AND it took me forever to catch up in SECOND GEAR

DSCN0059.jpg
I was running 2nd gear literally in the sand hills. We popped out on the desert floor and I saw a nice little single track heading toward Teagle and thought I would see if there where anymore gears in the transmission to use. After I ran it up a few gears, I decided to stop and rest and this is all I heard before Rack and Bota showed up...:smirk: http://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

When we got back to camp. A friend said a few guys were stranded with a broken KABOOM 2t. So Bota took the truck and CDA and I hit the pavement :devil:

He tells me his TTR hit triple digits on Hiway 395 :thinking: :noidea:
Who would of thought the TTR would run these types of speed down the pavement.:noidea: I do remember idling in 4th gear next to Rack as he had his fish in the upper R's:devil: I looked over at him and flashed 4 fingers and he gave me the "your #1" salute:lol:

Once we located the broken bike we learn that SOMEONE has locked the keys in CDA's truck :picard: So CDA rings up Onstar and saves a broken window :thumb:

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0062.jpg
The Onstar guy was asking me all these security questions and I was telling this guy that I am in the middle of nowhere and do not remember, can you just unlock the truck please? After the truck locks pop up, I think Onstar was flooded with phone calls having expired subscriptions being re-activated....Wow! that is one sexy truck through. Looks good sitting out there in the desert. After I gave Bota the raines to the TTR to chase Rack back to camp, I drove the broke down and worn out Kaboom riders back in the truck. They mentioned how they were impressed with the rescue style and how quite it was in the cabin. They could not believe it was a diesel and running pretty smooth for a lifted truck as we were humming 50mph down the dirt road heading for 395.

So here are some random Geek Slide photos. I was the first one to roll up on the slide and this was my first time there. As I stopped at the top, I had a vision of Timoyz's story of his last visit and dropping the front end over and falling down the thing.:lol:

After the decision was made for the group to go down, I dropped in and started taking some pics. I did tell Bota55 one line you could take and loft the front end and float to the desert floor below, but he turned me down...:noidea:

Gman wanted to ride it out, but Dad talked him out of it.
DSC01228.jpg
DSC01229.jpg

Pumpkin JR (New name Red Dog) moved up to the CRF230 since the last time I rode with him and was really impressive on this bike. I am sure by next trip he will be riding his own scooter down this and Dads? Hey Shorty, Red Dog was handling this scooter pretty good. Not sure why you were having issues on it:smirk:
DSC01231.jpg
DSC01232.jpg

This little dude was giving directions making sure they did not scratch his little rocket.
DSC01226.jpg
DSC01227.jpg
DSC01233.jpg

Yama_dogg heading in. My finger hit the button too soon and I missed his drop in...Sorry
DSC01224.jpg

Rackster navigating CP's fish.
DSC01235.jpg

Bota not taking my highly skilled opinion on the drop in and doing it his own way. Maybe next trip.
DSC01236.jpg

I have a couple shots of another location....stay tuned..

So we came up this little wash and I snapped a couple more shots...

Not too sure what was going on here in these shots...Maybe this is the let's see how out of shape we can get our legs going through here...
DSC01238.jpg
DSC01239.jpg

This little dude reminded me of my son when he was 13. He was railing this little 85. Just after this section he came a around a corner and sheered his left foot peg clean off the frame. He did not let that slow him down. He rode back about 15 miles with no left peg and was still railing corners and jumping along the way. My leg would have cramped and feel off if I had to do that. Youngsters..
DSC01237.jpg

That is all the pics I took. I need to remember to break out the camera more for next time...

James

Staff member
That's one hell of a report Rack, looks like you guys had a blast. :thumb: And yeah where's that video Cpt. Pumpkin?

BTW Rock it looks like you think that KTMRock and Cpt. Pumpkin are the same guy, nope not true......this is The Great Cpt. Pumpkin. :smirk:

432-dirt-bike-addicts-tday-ride-report-dscn3462.jpg

So we came up this little wash and I snapped a couple more shots...

Not too sure what was going on here in these shots...Maybe this is the let's see how out of shape we can get our legs going through here...
View attachment 1785
View attachment 1784

This little dude reminded me of my son when he was 13. He was railing this little 85. Just after this section he came a around a corner and sheered his left foot peg clean off the frame. He did not let that slow him down. He rode back about 15 miles with no left peg and was still railing corners and jumping along the way. My leg would have cramped and feel off if I had to do that. Youngsters..
View attachment 1786

That is all the pics I took. I need to remember to break out the camera more for next time...
Love that wash and rock section.:thumb: Hate the geek slide still though.:cry::wave: Good pics CDA.

Alright, I get the Cpt. Pumkin thing now and thanks for clarifying.

P.S. Those were the sadest pics I have ever seen. Those poor dirt machines being walked down that little hill. To be honest guys, what you are doing is way more dangerous than just riding down it. :P