250 The 1999 YZ250

Actually the Namura is gone. Replaced it with a ProX from US Chrome when they replated it.
Phucking bike is TITS! Still running a little rich I think but its as fast as my buddies 2016 KX450.
Put another 2 hours on her at the track today and I LOVE IT! I'm gonna request to be buried with it fosho!
And Motoland changed everything this weekend, brought in a bunch of sand. Wow. That is different and fun.
No more real ruts in the corners, and they turn into berms after a few hours. A whole different riding technique is needed now, but easier to grasp.
That rhythm section I mentioned is within sight now too. Just gotta man up. I got the speed.
Great day at the track today, and IF its open tomorrow (rain) I'm going back.
Love this bike! Man, all I want to do is motocross.

I love love love this bike.
But if you've been following this thread lately you all know its not running like it could. Its rich for sure, and it guzzles gas, but I'm I'm not fouling plugs, and its FAF so I'm hesitant to change things.
Right now if I remember correctly its jetted to PC specs, but I just realized the other day that the silencer is not PC, but an FMF.

Not being a veteran like y'all, could this be why I'm unable to get it leaned out a little more and get that plug into the mocha brown color?

Got it.
Its a TurbineCore2. Its not smacking so I'm thinking it dont need repacking yet.

I'm obviously chasing that mocha brown color on the plug. I dropped the needle to the top position a few weeks ago and it felt a little cleaner, but was probably only noticeable to me, and since I didn't notice that much difference I put it back to the #2 position.

I'm thinking about dropping the MJ again one size to a 165.

Oh yeah? I didn't know that.
It came with the bike, and now that i think of it dude who owned it before me almost surely rode it on OHV locations. It was plated/stickered in CA.

Anyway I could disassemble that thing and remove the spark arrestor portion? I'm not actually working at the moment and am not willing to thrown down even 50 bucks for a used silencer.
If not I guess I'll just drop the MJ one size and see what happens.

Brad, we are on page 27 of your thread for this bike, there's solid advice above yet you choose to ignore it and go your own way yet again, quite likely that you won't listen to anyone again next time you ask a question about your bike so
I'm out and done, adiós sayonara good luck with the bikes and the kid! :wave: