250 The 1999 YZ250

Okay, the spark plug fouling issue.
I want to try a hotter plug, but which one?
Stock is a BR8.

BR7ES and BR6ES are options, and both are resistor plugs.

Last edited:
Wow, life gets in the way!
My fkn psycho ex is back to her old tricks again and I've been dealing with being sued in family court by her all week (the 22nd time in 13 years), so I back-burnered this, but were going to the track again tomorrow.
So, last Saturday, got to the track and immediately fouled the old br8es plug, was soaking wet. Threw in the new br7 plug and ran it all day.
It still runs rich and has that not-clean on top snotty sound to it, and when I pulled the plug it was still darkish in color, but not soaking wet.
I have been noticing some puddling on the floor under my rear sprocket. Stuck my finger in it (and I'm colorblind) but pretty sure it Yamalube.
The only place I can figure it's coming from is the airbox.
What are the chances I'm way over oiling the air filter and thats what my problem is?
Anybody else ever do this?

Wow, life gets in the way!
My fkn psycho ex is back to her old tricks again and I've been dealing with being sued in family court by her all week (the 22nd time in 13 years), so I back-burnered this, but were going to the track again tomorrow.
So, last Saturday, got to the track and immediately fouled the old br8es plug, was soaking wet. Threw in the new br7 plug and ran it all day.
It still runs rich and has that not-clean on top snotty sound to it, and when I pulled the plug it was still darkish in color, but not soaking wet.
I have been noticing some puddling on the floor under my rear sprocket. Stuck my finger in it (and I'm colorblind) but pretty sure it Yamalube.
The only place I can figure it's coming from is the airbox.
What are the chances I'm way over oiling the air filter and thats what my problem is?
Anybody else ever do this?

Chances are that the filter is overloaded and yes it’s a contributing factor. I think that was asked here about 3 months ago by Danno tho.

It's got 10 hours on it now and I think I'm gonna tear down the top-end and inspect, re-ring maybe.

Next question - the fork issue;
I bottomed a bunch more today and was wondering if maybe these forks are not the best, and if there is an upgrade that I might want to look for???
Was thinking maybe there might be a newer set that would fit my trees...?

Yes, I cleaned the filter, took it to the track today, and now it has 10 hours on the new top-end.
I thought I had a manual but turns out its for a 98.
Yes I can read.

Last edited:
It's got 10 hours on it now and I think I'm gonna tear down the top-end and inspect, re-ring maybe.

Next question - the fork issue;
I bottomed a bunch more today and was wondering if maybe these forks are not the best, and if there is an upgrade that I might want to look for???
Was thinking maybe there might be a newer set that would fit my trees...?

Don’t bother, you’ll have the same issues. The only thing that will actually improve them is sending them out with the rear shock. Which will run about $500+.
Replacement forks $300+
Then you wil still have to send them out to have them tuned.