Thanksgiving week at Spangler

We were running into a lot of LA-BtoV traffic which was cool and getting my taste buds moist for next year. we dropped into Bickel and hung out there for a few, but I did not get pictures from this stop, but I did visit it again real soon :devil:. CDA Jr said something about a turtle poking his head out for a few miles, so he took his chance in the outhouse there. Something might have entered a no entry zone as he only watches Alien movies now and has a slight glow to him...:thinking:

We took off out of there and headed to the Talc Mines:

View attachment 10938
The clan hanging out.

View attachment 10937
View attachment 10939
Somebody trying to make it look like a butchering was going on here...:thinking: Maybe......

View attachment 10940
I tried to keep the YZ separate from the Gold Fish, they do not like to play nice...:devil:

After this we jumped back on the bikes and headed back for camp. We picked up the LA-BtoV course and followed it all the way to 395. Ran into some traffic along the way and in the middle of no where, I see my old Photography sponsor (Photos by Grumpy) out there still doing his thing taking pictures. I stopped and shock hands, said hi and told him to look out for me next year..:thumb:

I came around one corner going up this rocky section and a guy on BMW GS800 dumps it right in front of me. Being the cool guy that I am, I lay my bike down and help him get the bike back on 2 wheels. HOLY CRAP! was that thing heavy. It fell down hill so lifting it up was brutal. He had a hard time getting going, so he waved us passed and we took off.

I passed another guy walking along the trail with no helmet or bike nearby. I stopped and he said he was back tracking looking for a missing front sprocket that fell off one of his rider's bike. :shocked: Good luck with that.

We made it to 395 and jumped the road and headed across the dez back to camp. I think we clicked off about 60 miles and it was a great ride.

To be continued.....

That reminds of the one dez race I entered with my bro... I was on my sled (TT500) and he was on his KTM400. he had lost both his shifter AND kcik starter at different times... we were able to find them each time they came off. being my first race I finished which was an accomplishment initself but had itnot been for the multiple backtracks the outcome might have been even better... Not great but better. at least I got a finishers "pin"... actually it was a sticker... Huntington Beach MC put on the race.

:thumb:

So...............Here comes the fun part. We get back from the ride and sit down for some food. About an hour later, Rack says, "CDA we are going to run sweep on this other ride in a few minutes, come along and ride G-Man's 250". "Sweet!!!" I say. So I gear back up and jump on G-Man's scooter. He has a 2011 KTM 250f-XC. To set the stage, G-man is about 100 pounds wet and I am tipping at 220 and his bike is setup to handle his riding style and weight. So I am sitting there wondering why we are not leaving so I decide to go warm this 250 up while we wait...:picard:

I take off and hit a nice wide whooped out trail just outside of camp. I stretch the gears out on it pretty could and the bike feels good. I come to the end of the trail as it hits Searles Road and turn around. I jump back on it and tap it out and am heading back towards camp to meet up with the group and go on a ride. As I get closer and still clipping along pretty good, I hit some G out and the bike goes airborne. The rear end is coming up and kicking out to the right side. As I am in the air, I grip the tank with my legs and start to pull it back in. I am telling myself that I got this saved. I pull in the rear end, but still rear high as the bike starts to come back to earth. The front end makes contact and my 220+ lbs force the front forks to compress all the way to the stops and the front end buckles. All I remember is seeing ground coming real fast and lights out.....:faint:

I was close enough to camp that my dad and Xquardtard's wife saw the whole thing. They waited and did not see any movement after the dust had settled, so the riding crew came out to check on me. I guess Big Wave Dave was first to pick the bike up off me. They said I never let go. I was going to save it damn it! All I know was I was looking at all these boots around me thinking, how did all these strangers get way out here in the desert and find me. I thought I was way out in the desert somewhere. I think someone picked me up on my feet, but all I remember is seeing WG staring at me. I was a little off balance so they sat me down on the front of a quad to catch my breath and composure. I got up again and was wobbling and decided it was time for me to go back to camp. I got on the bike and was going to head off into the direction of camp which was the complete opposite. They turned me around and that is when I noticed I was only about 300 yards from camp...:confused:

I rolled into camp and took off my helmet and it was destroyed, so it was change clothes, jump in Jr's truck and have him drive me to the hospital. Took the helmet with me so the Dr. could check it out. Did a CT scan and everything checked out OK. Just broke the right middle finger knuckle at the top. :finger: I have bruises everywhere and my face hurts today as it looks like someone punched me out. I swear these guys were kicking me while I was knocked out on the ground...:prof:

Only spent 2 hrs in the ER as it was quite when we got there. The fun was starting to roll in, so I told them to get me out of there.

Here are some pictures of the lid:
IMG_2433.jpg
You can see I went trench digging with my face. Split the helmet and busted up the nose area.

IMG_24322.JPG
IMG_24311.JPG
If you look real careful, you can see multiple stress cracks on both sides of this lid.

IMG_2434.jpg
Must have rolled a little on the side as these scratches were not there before. Actually this helmet I do not think had a scratch in it until now.

I think I just might duct tape up the front and run it. I found the nose piece out in the dez where the trenching began, I can patch this up and the rest will buff out. :noidea:

Think my T-day weekend was over? :naughty:

To be continued....

So...............Here comes the fun part. We get back from the ride and sit down for some food. About an hour later, Rack says, "CDA we are going to run sweep on this other ride in a few minutes, come along and ride G-Man's 250". "Sweet!!!" I say. So I gear back up and jump on G-Man's scooter. He has a 2011 KTM 250f-XC. To set the stage, G-man is about 100 pounds wet and I am tipping at 220 and his bike is setup to handle his riding style and weight. So I am sitting there wondering why we are not leaving so I decide to go warm this 250 up while we wait...:picard:

I take off and hit a nice wide whooped out trail just outside of camp. I stretch the gears out on it pretty could and the bike feels good. I come to the end of the trail as it hits Searles Road and turn around. I jump back on it and tap it out and am heading back towards camp to meet up with the group and go on a ride. As I get closer and still clipping along pretty good, I hit some G out and the bike goes airborne. The rear end is coming up and kicking out to the right side. As I am in the air, I grip the tank with my legs and start to pull it back in. I am telling myself that I got this saved. I pull in the rear end, but still rear high as the bike starts to come back to earth. The front end makes contact and my 220+ lbs force the front forks to compress all the way to the stops and the front end buckles. All I remember is seeing ground coming real fast and lights out.....:faint:

I was close enough to camp that my dad and Xquardtard's wife saw the whole thing. They waited and did not see any movement after the dust had settled, so the riding crew came out to check on me. I guess Big Wave Dave was first to pick the bike up off me. They said I never let go. I was going to save it damn it! All I know was I was looking at all these boots around me thinking, how did all these strangers get way out here in the desert and find me. I thought I was way out in the desert somewhere. I think someone picked me up on my feet, but all I remember is seeing WG staring at me. I was a little off balance so they sat me down on the front of a quad to catch my breath and composure. I got up again and was wobbling and decided it was time for me to go back to camp. I got on the bike and was going to head off into the direction of camp which was the complete opposite. They turned me around and that is when I noticed I was only about 300 yards from camp...:confused:

I rolled into camp and took off my helmet and it was destroyed, so it was change clothes, jump in Jr's truck and have him drive me to the hospital. Took the helmet with me so the Dr. could check it out. Did a CT scan and everything checked out OK. Just broke the right middle finger knuckle at the top. :finger: I have bruises everywhere and my face hurts today as it looks like someone punched me out. I swear these guys were kicking me while I was knocked out on the ground...:prof:

Only spent 2 hrs in the ER as it was quite when we got there. The fun was starting to roll in, so I told them to get me out of there.

View attachment 10942
You can see I went trench digging with my face. Split the helmet and busted up the nose area.

View attachment 10941
View attachment 10944
If you look real careful, you can see multiple stress cracks on both sides of this lid.

View attachment 10943
Must have rolled a little on the side as these scratches were not there before. Actually this helmet I do not think had a scratch in it until now.

I think I just might duct tape up the front and run it. I found the nose piece out in the dez where the trenching began, I can patch this up and the rest will buff out. :noidea:

To be continued....

You did better then Sawyer. You remember trying to save it, Butthead doesn't even remember any of Monday, let alone riding.:smirk:

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10941
View attachment 10944

View attachment 10943

To be continued....

1) There ya see.... freakin whoops..... i hate em by god... :foul:

2) Just wrap that nose piece up with some duck tape like you said and you look just like they did back in the 70s with the football facemask out front... :thumb:..... :smirk:

3) Glad to see you're doing ok... :clap:

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10941
View attachment 10944

View attachment 10943

To be continued....
Rack and I were the first responders. We had to kind of dig you out of the dirt first then I picked the bike up off of you. Rack then got you up and you looked like the sand man as dirt and sand were coming out of every possible nook and cranny. :lol: Rack got the helmet off and we noticed you were wearing red lipstick. :noidea: Luckily it turned out to be blood. Okay, carry on.

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10941
View attachment 10944

View attachment 10943

To be continued....
You had us all a bit concerned with that goofy smile going and a bloody mouth and lips.

Not so grasshopper. We actually were out of the path of the dust even after the switcheroo as it would pass us before reaching our camp. If we were any closer to the road then we would have been in a bad place.
Yeah, yeah you just don't like me anymore.:poke:

Rack and I were the first responders. We had to kind of dig you out of the dirt first then I picked the bike up off of you. Rack then got you up and you looked like the sand man as dirt and sand were coming out of every possible nook and cranny. :lol: Rack got the helmet off and we noticed you were wearing red lipstick. :noidea: Luckily it turned out to be blood. Okay, carry on.
See I do not remember any of this...:shocked: I remember Rack fixing the left handguard so I could get back to camp.
You had us all a bit concerned with that goofy smile going and a blood mouth and lips.
Like I said, I am glad this happened close to camp and not out in the dez somewhere.

glad you are ok CDA. sucks being knocked out and wondering how the fuck everyone got to you that fast. all that time is GONE forever.

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10941
View attachment 10944

View attachment 10943

To be continued....

Tipping 220? Really?

As Captain Pumpkin would say......

More like kicking its ass!

:lol: