Thanksgiving week at Spangler

It was good, for once the weather was pretty darn nice.
Some photo's from the first part of the week-

Upon arrival, we found out a small fuel leak on Geek's trailer tank, ended up transferring some fuel
td1-1.jpg

td2-1.jpg

The Football Field was quiet on Monday, only three rigs
td3-1.jpg

td4-1.jpg

td5-1.jpg

td6-1.jpg

td7-1.jpg

td8-1.jpg

td9-1.jpg

td10-1.jpg

td11-1.jpg

td12-1.jpg

td13-1.jpg

td14-1.jpg

td16-1.jpg

It was closed :cry: so no :cheers:
td17-1.jpg

td18-1.jpg

Nice report Agent. There is a lot more to add to this and it will be coming soon. Sorry we missed you but you left as we arrived. :thinking:

I have a few pictures of the festivities. Speaking of turkey head, CDA could not find his turkey until he was informed it again was on his shoulders, I mean head. DSC05290.JPG

Then we have Mrs KTMRack posing with CDA and Mr Rack showing off some of her wood working art. DSC05287.JPG

Mrs 530KTM and Mrs KTMRack admiring her art once again. DSC05292.JPG

Moving along we have Weathergeek preparing to get the big dinner under way. DSC05295.JPG

Not too many pictures of the feast as everyone kind of ate at different times this year. :thumb: The next day was a beautiful sunrise in the dez of the DBA group. DSC05279.JPG

We then had some mechanical work to be done on the carb of one of the many bikes. DSC05293.JPG
Notice who is doing the work and who the audience is. :smirk:DSC05294.JPG

Then came the good old flat tire that Weathergeek and Xquadtard and Irishill jumped in and tackled, until the new tube ended up with a pinch as well. DSC05305.JPG

All of this was over seen by the fearless leader of the pack. DSC05300.JPG

Most of all, we all had a great time and as always we give thanks. DSC05282.JPG
DSC05284.JPG

Looks good so far. I have a few to contribute:

Pops flew in on Monday night and him and I took off Tuesday morning with the Mgr, CDA Jr and Biscuit coming out Late Tuesday night after Jr gets out of school.

We need to stop at the Do It Center to grab a bag of cement for the Andrew Memorial Day Wednesday.
Here is the rig sitting in the parking lot at Do It Center in town.
IMG_2401.jpg

After the quick stop, we jump on the fwy and head out. It has been many years since my dad has been out in the Dez, so he wanted to stop at the Jawbone Station and get a map. Here he is getting ready to climb back in the truck to flip around and head to Spangler.
IMG_2402.jpg

We pulled into camp and GW, Fireman John, Agent2, Rick and Roger are all there, but out on a ride, so we start to setup camp. I unloaded some wood by the fire and removed a tin that was in the pit and found this little friend.
IMG_2403.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg
IMG_2405.jpg

When the crew pulled in, we scooped him up in the tin and Roger took him on a ride up into the hills and let him go.

It was getting late, so I decided to fire up the BBQ and cook my dad a T-Bone steak, saute some mushrooms in some Merlot and enjoy the evening.
DSCN0074.JPG

To be continued....Typing is not going so well so be patient, that story will come.:devil:

Bunch of people rolled in on Tuesday afternoon/night. Xquardtard, Dumbass, Captain Pumpkin, CDA's Family (Mgr, CDA Jr. and Biscut) and KTMRack. Rack parked his rig right next to the fire so he either did not have to walk so far or because he is cheap and did not want to waste propane on the heater. :smirk: Either way, her is some random pics of the setups:

WeatherGeek's Rig:

WTF - Why can't I load more pictures?

Bunch of people rolled in on Tuesday afternoon/night. Xquardtard, Dumbass, Captain Pumpkin, CDA's Family (Mgr, CDA Jr. and Biscut) and KTMRack. Rack parked his rig right next to the fire so he either did not have to walk so far or because he is cheap and did not want to waste propane on the heater. :smirk: Either way, her is some random pics of the setups:

WeatherGeek's Rig:

WTF - Why can't I load more pictures?
:noidea:

Retarded! I had to close completely out of the site and come back in.

Where was I? Oh yeah,

Weathergeek's Rig;
DSCN0076.JPG

Rack's setting up camp with Xquadtard looking lost:
DSCN0075.JPG

Dumbass's rig with his girlfriend Chris happy to be here waiting to ride:
DSCN0077.JPG

And CDA's rig with Biscuit's car parked behind it. She kept moving it afraid someone was going to hit it. I told her to leave it at home tucked in the garage then:
DSCN0078.JPG

I told everybody Pops and I are heading out at 7:30am to meet Bolt at the turn off to go out to the Husky monument......

To be continued...

Husky Here we come....:banana: :aussie:

After I tell everybody what time I heading out, the whole camp decides they are coming too :clap: Since it was last minute, everybody decides to jump in trucks and follow me out.

We meet Bolt at 20 Mule Team/395: He are the trucks and I will list the players - Bolt, CDA, Poppa CDA, Mgr, Biscuit, CDA Jr, Dumbass & Chris, Guppy, Xquardtard, WG, Rack, Gman, Yama_Dawg(may change to Rack Jr), Captain Pumpkin and CP Jr. :hail:

Here we are at the entrance ready to head in:
DSCN0079.JPG

After a long drive in, we finally make it. We stage for a group photo before we get started.

Sorry Timo, I am the master at self photos..:prof:
DSCN0087.JPG

CDA JR and Bolt did most the work digging the hole.
DSCN0090.JPG
DSCN0091.JPG

Here is Rack showing my Pappa CDA the plague:
DSCN0094.JPG

Here comes the water and patting down:
DSCN0101.JPG
DSCN0102.JPG

Everybody admire the work and taking a minute of Silence:
DSCN0103.JPG

To be continued...