Thanksgiving week at Spangler

Here are some random around camp pics after we came back from the Husky:

DSCN0129.JPG
As the sun set, it would get a little on the cold side, but we still hung around and enjoyed each other's company. Not sure what is going on in Yama_Dawgg's mind right there.

DSCN0124.JPG
WG and Big Wave Dave (KTM530) getting ready to head out on a little cruise. I was too lazy to gear up and ride on Wednesday after my 90 miler to the Husky and back...:smirk:

DSCN0125.JPG
Here is some dirty mugs...CDA Jr, G-Man and (now) Rack Jr.

DSCN0126.JPG
Guppy had a couple loose bolts on the 200, so she fixed them herself. Yes, a cute blonde girl who rides and works on her own scooters. :ride:

DSCN0127.JPG
Roger telling Rack and Xquadtard his adventure stories, Rack is giving him that look like "Sure you did..".

DSCN0128.JPG
G-Man and CP Jr throwing the football around. See what happens when they play football for high school, they bring it to the dez as well..:thumb:

More to come....

So Rack and I were standing around Wednesday night and talked about getting an early morning ride in and cover some desert. Plus we wanted to see about all these "Red" stakes that everybody kept talking about. I received a new camera over the summer and did not have a case for it yet to strap it on the chest protector so I did not get any pics of the ride. I also left the Helmet cam in the trailer as well, but we covered 50 miles in the morning in about 2 hrs and found some sweet lizard trails in the rocks. Not one "Red" stake to be found either..:devil:

More to come....

So after the ride, we come back and Poppa CDA heard about this X-15 crash site and wants to go check it out. So Rack and I take off our boots and throw my dad in the truck and off we go the site.

DSCN0130.JPG
Pops checking out the crash site.

DSCN0133.JPG
Told him to sign the book as it will be cool if people see he is from AZ and visiting.

DSCN0134.JPG
People wonder why I can just carry on conversations to random people...:thinking: I wonder where that comes from?

DSCN0132.JPG
Quick shot of Father and Son at the site.

DSCN0135.JPG

Did I mention we saw no "Red" stakes in the desert...:devil:

More to come.............

So after the ride, we come back and Poppa CDA heard about this X-15 crash site and wants to go check it out. So Rack and I take off our boots and throw my dad in the truck and off we go the site.

View attachment 10915
Pops checking out the crash site.

View attachment 10918
Told him to sign the book as it will be cool if people see he is from AZ and visiting.

View attachment 10919
People wonder why I can just carry on conversations to random people...:thinking: I wonder where that comes from?

View attachment 10917
Quick shot of Father and Son at the site.

View attachment 10914

Did I mention we saw no "Red" stakes in the desert...:devil:

More to come.............

What red stake??? :noidea:

We got back and it was time to start prepping for the T-Day festivities. Everybody kind of went off and did their own thing this year and we decided to eat inside and enjoy our family as this was the first T-Day dinner with my dad in a long time.

Before we sat down to eat, I heard Guppy was having carb issues on the 200, it was dumping fuel like the float bowls were stuck. She took the carb off by herself and cleaned out and put it back together and it would not start. She was pushing it around camp and trying to bump start it. The boys thought they would come over and give it a kick or two until they were all worn out. That is when I asked the simple question if she check that the floats were working before she put it together.........Blank stare....So.........

DSCN0136.JPG
DSCN0137.JPG
DSCN0138.JPG
They start to take it apart. Remember when I mentioned "cute blonde that works on her own bike"? Amazing how all the boys showed up to help...They sure don't help me when I need a little help on my scooters..:thinking:

Well it turned out that Guppy put the float pin in wrong the floats were stuck in the closed position and not allowing gas in. After they got it back together, it started on the 2nd kick.

DSCN0140.JPG
Didn't really take much pictures of the T-Day festivities, but I did acquire a new hat. After looking at this picture, it does make your mind wonder..:devil:

DSCN0141.JPG
After dinner was all consumed and put away, we all made it out to the fire for some Smores. Looks like everybody is focused on the Mgr. She must be telling a good story about me.. :smirk:

Well that is enough for now, need to head home.

More to come..........

From the look of the flags and the dress around the fire at night I would have to say that the OW crew had the best weather. I didn't were pants or a jacket the whole time out there.
Thanks to all of you for the monument to Andrew!
530, why in the hell would you go and not be part of the circle of DBA, are you ashamed of the fire road queens that you invited? :smirk:
You are mistaken with the weather. It was as good as it gets. Besides, who wants to ride in 85 degree weather. I can do that all summer long at the house.:poke::smirk: