Thanksgiving week at Spangler

Camp 530 hung out across the dirt road from the other DBA gang so I could keep an eye on all of them. I was also expecting some of my other riding buddies to show up but they were afraid to hang with us. Here is the 530 rig. DSC05286.JPG
My view looking across at the CDA rig. DSC05289.JPG

Another shot of the Weathergeek set up. Notice he has the correct flags flappin. :thumb: DSC05291.JPG

I am ready for the next trip. Let's get it going.

From the look of the flags and the dress around the fire at night I would have to say that the OW crew had the best weather. I didn't were pants or a jacket the whole time out there.
Thanks to all of you for the monument to Andrew!
530, why in the hell would you go and not be part of the circle of DBA, are you ashamed of the fire road queens that you invited? :smirk:

There is a wrinkle in the sticker. :P

Unless it's a new one, I think you can blame Rolls for the wrinkle.:noidea:

From the look of the flags and the dress around the fire at night I would have to say that the OW crew had the best weather. I didn't were pants or a jacket the whole time out there.
That's why Manny stayed in the MH all trip.:smirk:

530, why in the hell would you go and not be part of the circle of DBA, are you ashamed of the fire road queens that you invited? :smirk:
Maybe he wanted to camp closer to the beloved fire road.:poke:

:poke: :stirthepot: :poke:

you guys should have egged 530's rig for not being part of the circle :P
There was not really a circle, just a horse shoe.

:noidea:

Maybe he wanted to camp closer to the beloved fire road.:poke:
Very funny. :picard: Actually, when we arrived the DBA group was down wind of the dust from the main road so I was smart and moved up wind. I had a dust free weekend at my camp and it was a short walk over to the fire pit and DBA gang. :thumb:

It was a nice breeze on Wednesday and the temps were all in the mid 70's and mid 40's at night for the entire weekend. Could not have asked for better weather at Spangler. :P

Diamond Dave wanted to hang by himself so we could get in a firework war. We had a circle in the beginning of the week but then people left and we moved some rigs so it opened up the circle. good thing or I would probably still be laying out there dead...:devil:

Diamond Dave wanted to hang by himself so we could get in a firework war. We had a circle in the beginning of the week but then people left and we moved some rigs so it opened up the circle. good thing or I would probably still be laying out there dead...:devil:
Oh yea, I forgot about the fireworks. That was fun. :banana:

OK, this might be a long one. Here is some more of the Husky with some short stories. My Dad and I knew quit a few people from our racing days and found out quick that some of them had a memorial here at the Husky. It brought some tears to my Dad's eyes.

DSCN0084.JPG
The CDA clan relaxing on the bench: (from left to right, CDA, The Mgr, Biscuit and CDA Jr).

DSCN0117.JPG
For you Big Wave Dave. :thumb:

DSCN0119.JPG
WG's friend Rick had a buddy out there...:USA:

DSCN0096.JPG
Downhill Alexander was my suspension sponsor back in the day and made my bikes ride sweet across the desert floor. He did amazing things to the valving on the shock and forks. Very fast rider himself and he had the nick name Downhill because there was not a descent that he would not go down :shocked: Wish I had his suspension setup on G-Man's scooter last Friday.

DSCN0097.JPG
This was the President of the Lost Coyotes back when I was a member of this club for a year. Not to mention I was dating his Step-Daughter for a year :devil:

DSCN0098.JPG
This plaque says it all. I bought plenty of parts, tires, tubes, tool belt, spark plugs, air filters and even an IMS Tank from Suzuki Art over my career. One race we bought 4 front tubes from him as my pit crew kept pinching the tube during a pit. I eventually told them to stop and rode the last 40+ mile loop on a front flat.

DSCN0088.JPGDSCN0089.JPG
DSCN0110.JPG
Rich Caselli, yes Dad of super fast and Current AMA National Hare & Hound Champion Kurt Caselli. I could tell stories about the guy all night around a camp fire, but my Dad worked with him for many years and when my dad was bragging about me at work one day about me starting to race desert Rich jump in and took me under his wing and tought me a bunch of stuff. He chased me all through Mexico during the Baja 500 in 91. Great family and fun to camp and race with. Kurt use to chase my oldest daughter around when they we like 12 years old and she had no clue. I told Rich that the day his son starts racing, he would be a big success. I guess I was right. We sure miss you Rich....

DSCN0099.JPG
Nothing special about this one as I just think it is really cool.

DSCN0116.JPG
3 Generations of CDAs right there though my dad is CBA and not CDA. :hail:

DSCN0112.JPG
Poppa CDA and CDA enjoying the Husky Monument together. He sure did like it out there as did everybody else. My Mgr even said she is glad she made the long trek in the truck out there.

DSCN0121.JPG
Goodbye Andrew and the rest of the fallen dirt bike heros. May your legend live on in all of us and we will we keep your sport that you loved so much alive and roost dirt as often as possible in your memories.
:wave: Until we visit again.

Stay tuned, more T-Day adventures to come.....