Thanksgiving week at Spangler

There was not really a circle, just a horse shoe.

Very funny. :picard: Actually, when we arrived the DBA group was down wind of the dust from the main road so I was smart and moved up wind. I had a dust free weekend at my camp and it was a short walk over to the fire pit and DBA gang. :thumb:
Wrong. Only till the wind turned around for the last few days.:rolleyes:

Wrong. Only till the wind turned around for the last few days.:rolleyes:
Not so grasshopper. We actually were out of the path of the dust even after the switcheroo as it would pass us before reaching our camp. If we were any closer to the road then we would have been in a bad place.

Uhh, high 70's, and I'd rather be able to ride at 7:00 AM, with out freezing my face off.:moon: :poke: :stirthepot:
Yea, who rides at 7:00 in the morning anyways? There was no face freezing this trip at all. I actually broke a sweat out riding a few times, especially when I got off the dirt roads. :finger:

So after the good food, fun around the fire and good company on T-Day, it was time to burn some calories the next day on a ride. We gathered a few victims....errrrrr I mean riders and headed out.

DSCN0144.JPG
From left to right - G-Man, CDA Jr., Rack Jr., Rack, CDA and Golf Cart Danny. I was surrounded by Gold Fish...

Again with not having the camera at an easy accessible place, I did not take many pics out on the trail. We jumped 395 and headed into the El Pasos.

DSCN0146.JPG
First stop was Walsh cabin. I have never been here before, so it was cool to check out. Here are some pics.

DSCN0147.JPG
Looks comfy.

DSCN0148.JPG
I could chill in that chair.

DSCN0151.JPG
Nice burner, just need something to cook in it with...:thinking:

DSCN0150.JPG
Oh yeah, A snack!!!!! :drool:

DSCN0149.JPG
DBA representing...:thumb:

DSCN0152.JPG
Needed to do some sweeping and then sit down and read my scriptures.

DSCN0153.JPG
Did someone say the weather sucked...:noidea: looks nice to me and this was inside.

DSCN0157.JPG
CDA and CDA Jr.

We jumped back on the bikes and headed inward towards Bickel.

to be continued...............

We were running into a lot of LA-BtoV traffic which was cool and getting my taste buds moist for next year. we dropped into Bickel and hung out there for a few, but I did not get pictures from this stop, but I did visit it again real soon :devil:. CDA Jr said something about a turtle poking his head out for a few miles, so he took his chance in the outhouse there. Something might have entered a no entry zone as he only watches Alien movies now and has a slight glow to him...:thinking:

We took off out of there and headed to the Talc Mines:

DSCN0159.JPG
The clan hanging out.

DSCN0158.JPG
DSCN0160.JPG
Somebody trying to make it look like a butchering was going on here...:thinking: Maybe......

DSCN0161.JPG
I tried to keep the YZ separate from the Gold Fish, they do not like to play nice...:devil:

After this we jumped back on the bikes and headed back for camp. We picked up the LA-BtoV course and followed it all the way to 395. Ran into some traffic along the way and in the middle of no where, I see my old Photography sponsor (Photos by Grumpy) out there still doing his thing taking pictures. I stopped and shock hands, said hi and told him to look out for me next year..:thumb:

I came around one corner going up this rocky section and a guy on BMW GS800 dumps it right in front of me. Being the cool guy that I am, I lay my bike down and help him get the bike back on 2 wheels. HOLY CRAP! was that thing heavy. It fell down hill so lifting it up was brutal. He had a hard time getting going, so he waved us passed and we took off.

I passed another guy walking along the trail with no helmet or bike nearby. I stopped and he said he was back tracking looking for a missing front sprocket that fell off one of his rider's bike. :shocked: Good luck with that.

We made it to 395 and jumped the road and headed across the dez back to camp. I think we clicked off about 60 miles and it was a great ride.

To be continued.....