Thanksgiving week at Spangler

What I have a problem wrapping my head around is the all mighty CDA went DOWN and HARD! :confused:
I am happy to hear you are ok but man, we all have them moments. Like crashing, cracking a fuse and being drug into camp by a gold fish! And I had fuses on me!!! :banghead:

Happens to the best of us now and again. I think I should stay to my lawn chair and polishing the scooter.

Seriously... it's not a bad idea, works for me....:shocked: . ... but glad you're ok, well at least you seem ok, you kind of came into this a little "tilted"... :smirk:

Ok, let's finish out this T-Day report. I have 3 more adventures to post.

So, since I was off the bike, I decided it was time to throw dad back in the truck and take him for a cruise over into the El Pasos.

Before I get into that, CDA Jr, took my backpack and went on a ride to Randsberg with a nice size group. My backpack had my camera in it so he snapped a couple shots:

Since I was not there, I will just give me narration. :devil:

DSCN0162.JPG
Damn Rack :shocked: You need to stop the power lunches...:wow:
Xquadtard is back there looking for a postcard to send to his Mommy.
CP Jr (with hand on hip) - "Dad now that I have a plated 350, do you think that girl over there will go out with me?"

DSCN0164.JPG
CDA Jr - "Yes I am wearing my dad's riding gear and I smile like a dork".
G-Man - "See mom I can smile, but it is only when a cute blonde girl that rides 2 wheelers is sitting real close to me."
Guppy - "I'm only sitting next to these smelly guys and smiling for the picture because Rack is buying me lunch." :prof:
SPY (AXO Jesery) - "Why yes I am Judge Ito from the Rodney King Trial." :banned:

DSCN0163.JPG
Xquardtard - "Hey Jr, you know your finger is over the lens, right?"
Guppy - Do you think mom will know what I am drinking if I turn the bottle around so she cannot see the label?" "I look 21 don't I?"
G-Man - "See Mom, another smile...kind of."
CP Jr. - "Ha ha yes you caught me, I am Facebooking on my phone under the table."
CP - "I'm smiling now, but if Rack takes me on one more flipping whooped out trail, I am going to CP him right up the :moon:."
Rack - "Don't worry I have my wallet out, this one is on me. Good thing CDA is not here or it would have cost more. Oh yeah, If I stand, I can eat more."

To be continued.....

So Like I said, I loaded dad up in the CDA wagon and headed to the El Paso Mtns. We went to Bickel Camp and Burro Schmit Mine.

Bickel camp:
IMG_2418.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg
IMG_2415.jpg

Then we jumped back in the truck and had some time, so we swung up the hill to Burro Schmit:

Burro Schmidt Mine:
IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2420.jpg
IMG_2419.jpg
IMG_2422.jpg
Hey Look, Shorty was up there in his Soccer Mom Wagon :smirk:

IMG_2423.jpg
I stopped to show Dad way off in the distance was Bickel Camp.

We cruised on out of the hills and jumped back on Garlock and headed for Camp. Thought the off-road adventure was over until we ran up on this:
IMG_2424.jpg
Some type of accident just pass the Football field entrance. They had the whole road blocked and as we sat there for about 10 mins, I went right and through the gates and up and over the hill back to camp. :thumb:

One more to go...............

We were planning on loading up and heading home Saturday, but when I got back to camp, Rack and Xquardtard said they were hanging for one more night of activities, so the CDA clan decided to stay as well.

IMG_2427.jpg
One last dinner in the dez. I BBQ'd a Tri-Tip and Rack Chicken Kabobs. We all eat in the CDA shack and then after the dishes were done, it was outside for some fun.

DSCN0167.JPG
Guppy setting off Chinese/American Flag Lanterns. Oh and representing DBA without knowing it.

DSCN0165.JPG
There was an Orange Dude sneaking around tagging backs.

DSCN0168.JPG
That smile shows I may be a little loopy still from the face plant. The Mgr - "Yes Rack, I have a stupid KTM sweatshirt on, now can I have my $20 spot you promised me?"

DSCN0171.JPG
Too bad this picture is blurry, I am sure Mrs Rack would frame it and hang it on the wall. Something about fireworks and lighters brings out smile in us. Or this could be, "see we are the only youngins here and we get all these blow'm up stuff to ourselves. That will will teach them to all leave early."

DSCN0172.JPG
All good things must come to an end. We folded up the carpets and put the chairs away. Everything was loaded up and all I needed to do was hook the truck up to the trailer in the morning and head home.

Tuesday - Sunday was the total CDA trip and what a great time. I put more miles on my truck in the desert than my bike, but my dad had a great time and can't thank everybody enough for the hospitality they showed him. Rack - Thanks for the supply of morning coffee to my dad, he really appreciated it.
Thanks to all for their concern and prompt attention to me when I went down. I swear with all the bruises, you guys were kicking me before I came to and got up. :smirk:

Well now it is time to clean the bikes, shop for a new lid and look at airline tickets for my dad. Yes he is hooked and is talking about coming out for more fun around the dez. Maybe he will have a Razor to drive around in...:thinking:

Until then, enjoy and hope to see you all out on the trails real soon....:ride:

Burro Schmidt Mine:
View attachment 10967
View attachment 10966
View attachment 10965
View attachment 10968
Hey Look, Shorty was up there in his Soccer Mom Wagon :smirk:

View attachment 10969
I stopped to show Dad way off in the distance was Bickel Camp.

We cruised on out of the hills and jumped back on Garlock and headed for Camp. Thought the off-road adventure was over until we ran up on this:
View attachment 10964
Some type of accident just pass the Football field entrance. They had the whole road blocked and as we sat there for about 10 mins, I went right and through the gates and up and over the hill back to camp. :thumb:

One more to go...............
On the Burro Schmidt plaque is a name of "Peter Lebeck". I wonder if that is the same Peter Lebeck that was killed near Frazier park by a grizzly bear around 1900. They even named a town after him up there.:thinking: :thumb:

We were planning on loading up and heading home Saturday, but when I got back to camp, Rack and Xquardtard said they were hanging for one more night of activities, so the CDA clan decided to stay as well.

View attachment 10975
One last dinner in the dez. I BBQ'd a Tri-Tip and Rack Chicken Kabobs. We all eat in the CDA shack and then after the dishes were done, it was outside for some fun.

View attachment 10972
Guppy setting off Chinese/American Flag Lanterns. Oh and representing DBA without knowing it.

View attachment 10971
There was an Orange Dude sneaking around tagging backs.

View attachment 10973
That smile shows I may be a little loopy still from the face plant. The Mgr - "Yes Rack, I have a stupid KTM sweatshirt on, now can I have my $20 spot you promised me?"

View attachment 10974
Too bad this picture is blurry, I am sure Mrs Rack would frame it and hang it on the wall. Something about fireworks and lighters brings out smile in us. Or this could be, "see we are the only youngins here and we get all these blow'm up stuff to ourselves. That will will teach them to all leave early."

View attachment 10970
All good things must come to an end. We folded up the carpets and put the chairs away. Everything was loaded up and all I needed to do was hook the truck up to the trailer in the morning and head home.

Tuesday - Sunday was the total CDA trip and what a great time. I put more miles on my truck in the desert than my bike, but my dad had a great time and can't thank everybody enough for the hospitality they showed him. Rack - Thanks for the supply of morning coffee to my dad, he really appreciated it.
Thanks to all for their concern and prompt attention to me when I went down. I swear with all the bruises, you guys were kicking me before I came to and got up. :smirk:

Well now it is time to clean the bikes, shop for a new lid and look at airline tickets for my dad. Yes he is hooked and is talking about coming out for more fun around the dez. Maybe he will have a Razor to drive around in...:thinking:

Until then, enjoy and hope to see you all out on the trails real soon....:ride:
:hail: