Spangler - New Years 2013

Says it is 23 at Ridgecrest right now. :thinking: Days are going to be warmer though up to 53. :shocked: Looking forward to it.

That's too cold for my non rig tent based setup. Not even going to get out of the 40's on Saturday. Burrrr...

There is an alternative for the rig-less. Ridgecrest is a short 20 minutes away. A night or two at a Motel is a lot less expensive than a toy hauler payment. I may have to think about this.

That's too cold for my non rig tent based setup. Not even going to get out of the 40's on Saturday. Burrrr...

There is an alternative for the rig-less. Ridgecrest is a short 20 minutes away. A night or two at a Motel is a lot less expensive than a toy hauler payment. I may have to think about this.
This is what Palmer did for TDay a couple years ago. Only a short drive to the motel. Don't let a little cold weather keep you from going up there. :thumb:

Come on guys, a little cold weather never hurt. Just came back from an overnight trip at Gorman. 28 degrees outside last night. And I slept on an air matress on the ground with a blanket.

image.jpg

First time riding in the snow and deep mud. It was a blast! :thumb:

Bruce sent me the directions to the spot as I've never been there and I was actually planning on heading out. But my brother has to work tomorrow and I forgot I had plans with the lady tomorrow. Yesterday and today was the extent of my new years weekend riding, unless something changes. Then we'll try and head out with you guys.

So you coming out here to prospectors?
Not sure if you are talking to me Rack but, I was planning on coming out but I forgot I made plans with my girlfriend and then my wife found out, not to mention my Motorhome burnt to the ground and then a snowstorm hit just when I was putting some sick graffix on my bike and, wouldn't you know it, the toilet backed up and so on and so forth and such and such........:lol: Can't wait to hear the reports :thumb:

I'm having a hard time getting motivated as it's currently 38 degrees with some drizzle at my house in Santa Clarita. You guys riding or huddling next to the heater?

I'm having a hard time getting motivated as it's currently 38 degrees with some drizzle at my house in Santa Clarita. You guys riding or huddling next to the heater?

Come on now, its a little cold weather. Dress in layers and you'll be warm. Yesterday it was a HIGH of 39 and we had a blast! Snow, mud, and a little wind. The bikes seem to love it as well. Being cold shouldn't be an excuse. Being too hot is since that is dangerous but "cold" can be fixed with a couple of thermal shirts or long johns.

Sorry we have been out riding all day. Just got back. A little sprinkle just about an hour ago but has been nice.

So, did you have fun? Was it epic? Was it scenic? Were you thrilled? Did you miss me?
When I put on my helmet it is always epic. :prof:

But most of all Naturaledge I do kiss you. :hug:

Couple more hour if daylight and some more nights rides. :wow: we still have 3 more days of this excitement.