Sometimes Its All About The Bike.

Honda.jpg View attachment 20515

I had a Honda and a fast clean one:shocked:, then I rode a KTM :thinking: all I can say is keep your Honda my KTM climbs hills like a mountain goat!:prof:

[quote="xquadtard, post: 158706, member: 543

I had a Honda and a fast clean one:shocked:, then I rode a KTM :thinking: all I can say is keep your Honda my KTM climbs hills like a mountain goat!:prof:[/quote]
Are you comparing a 450R to a 500EXC? I had an '04 450R and to this day still think it was my favorite bike to blast through the desert. I could wheelie that bike across Soggy Dry Lake. Loved the ergonomics of that thing. But soon as I started to get in the technical, slower, rocky hill climbing stuff, not so much. Never put any money into a heavier flywheel which woulda helped with the slower flameouts and the abruptness of the on/off throttle response in the tight rocky stuff. Clutch work was at a premium.

Once I went to my WR, a completely different experience. Never could get the balance right on wheelies, the ergos being a bit more stretched. The suspension being more compliant. But much easier to deal with in the slower, rocky stuff so I can't see comparing the two different types of bikes. At least for me. But now that I have put the YZ cams and the YZ forks (closed as opposed to open bath), a slight bump in compression, the bike has become my new favorite. I can now wheelie across Soggy once again and blast through the desert like before. I changed the gearing a bit to slow the top speed down after the work on it to add a bit more of the fun factor in the slow stuff and the hill climbs. I don't need to do 98 in the desert.

I kinda agree with you TS. But back in the day when the 4T machine was getting big. They raced 2T and 4T machines against each other. And eventually the tracks got more difficult and challenging to the point where the 2T machines weren't competitive, or at least as competitive. But to allow the 2T machines and 4T machines to race together. There would have to track modifications, and possibly limitations on the 4T machines in regards to power. Because it just makes more power than its equivalent 2T cousin.
Are you talking about a 450 4-t vs a 250 2-t? Cause I was talking about letting them race a 500cc 2-t in the 450 4-t class. Make it an open class.

Unless that wouldn't be competitive as I am not into the power vs. this vs. that. I just ride my dirtcycle up and down the rockiest, nastiest single track shit I can find, unless there is a smooth, flowing single track around. But since that usually isn't the case, it's to the rocks I go:crash: