Sometimes Its All About The Bike.

Right up to this point I thought we had new, nicer, friendly, fun loving, serious and genuine TurtleShifter.
I got one of these for you...:finger:Which you an put right here:moon:
I guessing hell will have to freeze over first...:smirk:
one for you, no, make that two.:finger::finger:

I hope so, I was starting to get concerned.
:BS::finger:

And for the retarted, I mean retired on, you get a handful.:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

I hope this alleviates all concerns as to my state of mind. I'm here, feeling as fucked up as always:hug:

TurtleShifter,

Yes I was comparing a 2005 450R to a 500EXC, I agree with you the Honda was fine in the open Desert.:ride:
The problem is when you go on one of these Fing Rack rides (named after Guppy):foul: the 450R does flame out in slow technical stuff and can be a bitch to get started at times.:banghead: In the mean time Rack is sitting there snapping pics of you :picard:. The 500EXC is a great all around bike that will go most any where if you have the ability to stay on it and it has a button:banana: so with that this is the bike I am staying with.

Last edited:
TurtleShifter,

Yes I was comparing a 2005 450R to a 500EXC, I agree with you the Honda was fine in the open Desert.:ride:
The problem is when you go on one of these Fing Rack rides (named after Guppy):foul: the 450R does flame out in slow technical stuff and can be a bitch to get started at times.:banghead: In the mean time Rack is sitting there snapping pics of you :picard:. The 500EXC is a great all around bike that will go most any where if you have the ability to stay on it and it has a button:banana: so with that this is the bike I am staying with.
Yep, totally agree. @Rack is an asshat:wave: But, um, hmmmmm, how do I say this gently, his rides must have mellowed some:smirk: cause I can follow him based on the "snail trail" he leaves behind (and no, it's not coming from a snail):lol::wink:

I would never have a bike without an e-start as my main bike. Just too many situations that I have gotten myself into that I would have been miserable if I had to kick it.:foul:

Yep, totally agree. @Rack is an asshat:wave: But, um, hmmmmm, how do I say this gently, his rides must have mellowed some:smirk: cause I can follow him based on the "snail trail" he leaves behind (and no, it's not coming from a snail):lol::wink:

I would never have a bike without an e-start as my main bike. Just too many situations that I have gotten myself into that I would have been miserable if I had to kick it.:foul:

:hug::Dryhumpaturtle:

Are you talking about a 450 4-t vs a 250 2-t? Cause I was talking about letting them race a 500cc 2-t in the 450 4-t class. Make it an open class.

Unless that wouldn't be competitive as I am not into the power vs. this vs. that. I just ride my dirtcycle up and down the rockiest, nastiest single track shit I can find, unless there is a smooth, flowing single track around. But since that usually isn't the case, it's to the rocks I go:crash:

Yes Im refering to the 450 vs the 250 2T.

A good read and it explains alot. But bear in mind its about 250cc 2T and 4T bikes
http://splashurl.com/lhswc4q

I understand now what your referring too. Used to be years ago that MX had an open class for the 500CC bikes. But for what ever reason they stopped doing that. I guess maybe it just wasnt that successful. I mean a box stock 500cc bike makes quite a bit of hp. Now imagine what it would be after the sponsors got to it and souped it up like the pro's do now. I'd guess way more than 60 hp anyways. With all that power on tap and the way the 2T engine puts its power to the ground. It would probably be uncontrollable. Maybe thats why the AMA went with the 450's. Makes pretty good HP with the engine all souped up probably pretty close to 60 hp. And it puts the power to the ground in a manageable fashion. But even still you see these guys ground loop them and have the back end want to swap ends on them.

So in light of this. Ive found its NOT all about the bike. Its about rider preference. What the rider wants or likes. Sure you can have a 500cc 2t aluminum frame monstrosity. But In pro type racing they dont allow it. So its really a mute point.

Oh and Dennis. I dont know if youve noticed or not. But nobody here really gives a shit about your bike. Is it cool? It sure is. Is it for everybody? Nope. Is it legal to race in Pro class racing like MX or SX? Not that Ive seen. Is it even practical? Not really. Because if it was everybody would be doing it. Its novelty and thats really what it boils down to. You have a 1%ers bike that is interesting, for a short time. Untill you start running your mouth and my bike this and my bike that and this and that and the other thing. We get it your bike is special to YOU. The rest of us just have had enough and dont care.

Oh and Dennis. I dont know if youve noticed or not. But nobody here really gives a shit about your bike. Is it cool? It sure is. Is it for everybody? Nope. Is it legal to race in Pro class racing like MX or SX? Not that Ive seen. Is it even practical? Not really. Because if it was everybody would be doing it. Its novelty and thats really what it boils down to. You have a 1%ers bike that is interesting, for a short time. Untill you start running your mouth and my bike this and my bike that and this and that and the other thing. We get it your bike is special to YOU. The rest of us just have had enough and dont care.

:salute: