Packs and vests ... what YOU should be carrying.

Ok, we have all seen them but I will give you a front and rear how it hangs.
Front
DSC07730.jpg

Rear
DSC07731.jpg

The guts spilled out all over the kitchen table.
DSC07735.jpg

Wrenches=8,10,12,13 Axle=27,15
Alen=4,6
3 9" tire irons
Razor knife/blades
Motion Pro combo set w/ flat, philips screw driver, bottle opener, 10, 12, sockets, etc. probably more than I need but its small
Motion Pro T-handle socket set w/8,10,12,13
Needle nose vice grips
Chain breaker, master links
Wire/shoe lace
Electrical wire, tape, fuses
Patch kit
21" Tube, Pump/CO2 (2nd wind), valve stem tool
Hose clamps
Misc. bolts, washers, nuts
Zip ties/4 small bungie straps
Alum-weld, JB weld, JB stick, Sand Paper
WD-40, mineral oil
AAA, AA Batteries
Mini Mag light
Anti fog wipe
EZ-towels (add water), napkins, shop paper towels
Rubber gloves
Quart freezer bag
Cut piece of plastic bottle (to clean fork seals of grit)
100oz water (plus room for another bottle)
Trail Mix, Jerky, gum, Lip Chap,
Aspirin (well the good stuff that is prescribed) :thinking: heat patch for sore muscle
:wow: Holy Shat! If I carried all that crap, I would need to have my bike sprung for an extra 50bls. I would not be able to stand very long blazing across the desert with that extra weight. All that stuff and you still needed to be towed:picard: You think you would be able to rebuild the bike from ground up with all that.

Carry On!:ride:

:wow: Holy Shat! If I carried all that crap, I would need to have my bike sprung for an extra 50bls. I would not be able to stand very long blazing across the desert with that extra weight. All that stuff and you still needed to be towed:picard: You think you would be able to rebuild the bike from ground up with all that.

Try switchbacks ..... :prof: .... :smirk: I had a similar amount of tools AND 5 gallons of water on my back...:foul: that was hezzy

Crazy Mo Fos...

Yeah, I slimmed down a bit .. :devil: ... i went back to the camelpak and packed tools sparingly...tire irons, pump, ties, stuvv like that. Now I need to figure out a way to keep the shoulder straps from slipping down between my shoulder pad and neck...:thinking:

Yeah, I slimmed down a bit .. :devil: ... i went back to the camelpak and packed tools sparingly...tire irons, pump, ties, stuvv like that. Now I need to figure out a way to keep the shoulder straps from slipping down between my shoulder pad and neck...:thinking:
I'm still old school and working the fanny pack with the tools. Keeps the weight low and not making me top heavy for throwing the bike around...

The vest really distributes the weight. My vest probably weighs in at 30+ pounds, but once it's on, it doesn't even feel like 10. All it takes is one time, in butt fak egypt, for you to need that one little thing, for you not to make it home.:prof:

You are all crazy:P
I can ride 50 miles here, and be 10 from the truck the entire time, while never riding the same trail twice....
I carry
32oz water
couple granola bars
spark plug wrench
philips-flatblade screwdriver
spark plug
tow rope
wire
pliers
small crescent wrench
a small ratchet with , 8 and 10mm sockets
metric allen key set
a couple of various metric wrenches
master link
:devil:

You are all crazy:P
I can ride 50 miles here, and be 10 from the truck the entire time, while never riding the same trail twice....
I carry
32oz water
couple granola bars
spark plug wrench
philips-flatblade screwdriver
spark plug
tow rope
wire
pliers
small crescent wrench
a small ratchet with , 8 and 10mm sockets
metric allen key set
a couple of various metric wrenches
master link
:devil:

No spare tube, or items to change it out. I don't think I'm the one that's crazy here. Also, 32 ounces of water is nothing. Just sayin.

I will forever be the heal of that one. I am an ASS because I didn't know my bike. :foul:

O

Intigrate the straps with the roost guard. You can also get Velcro straps to hold them in place or rivets for a perminant type of system. :thinking:

I will forever be the heal of that one. I am an ASS because I didn't know my bike. :foul:

O

Intigrate the straps with the roost guard. You can also get Velcro straps to hold them in place or rivets for a perminant type of system. :thinking:

Yeah, I was thinking velcro straps...I did the zip tie thing but no way to get the thing on/off... :thumb:

i tried the fender pack and every whoop and bump i hit made my fender rub ... drove me nuts so it got mounted to the outside of my camelback i use to use.

Also it is not understood how well the vest distributes all the weight. on T-day i had roughly the same weight as my camelbak... i added a few things so a little more weight in the vest yet it felt like i was carrying half the weight as when i had the camelbak

I'm still old school and working the fanny pack with the tools. Keeps the weight low and not making me top heavy for throwing the bike around...

I went and checked them out...found one by FOX that I liked ...could put the heavier stuff in it (tools) and leave the pack open for :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I went and checked them out...found one by FOX that I liked ...could put the heavier stuff in it (tools) and leave the pack open for :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Rez, before you shell out clams for a fanny take a look at my old one. It is new and rather sweet. Attaches to a backpack as well. Maybe a trade for your husky pack is in order, I did pay like 70 bucks for it. I'll post up a pick when I get home. Or I could drop by your office at lunch tomorrow.