Packs and vests ... what YOU should be carrying.

Been focusing on making my pack solid for survival when 50+ miles from the truck. so it got my thinking WHAT am i missing. Here is what i have currently... the pic is missing a couple items i have on the way right now... its missing a better tire iron so i have 2, a CO2 pump and tube repair kit, a couple tubes and some lube to make the job easier.
ab781z.jpg

I know i am missing a small first aid kit and a tow strap. Anything else i should be carrying with me?

Hard to make out everything so, some things I can't see is extra spark plug, fuse's, flashlight, extra batteries for the flashlight and GPS. Maybe a snack bar or two.

Oh I see you have DBA stickers, :thumb: always have plenty of those :devil:

Another item that some carry is a SPOT device but they are pricey IMO.

I see no Zip ties and a little 18g wire. I also have a boot lace and regular wire, (like what you hange a picture on the wall with).
Zip Ties for there uses of holding things together. Tires on rims, cables, etc.
18g wire in case something fries.
Boot lace to wrap around clutch plates if you fry the clutch
And the other wire to help with the clutch plates or other needs.

Edit: I also carry electriacal tape, wd-40, and towelets that expand when moist, freezer quart baggie, extra bolts-nuts-washers of various sizes.

I see no Zip ties and a little 18g wire. I also have a boot lace and regular wire, (like what you hange a picture on the wall with).
Zip Ties for there uses of holding things together. Tires on rims, cables, etc.
18g wire in case something fries.
Boot lace to wrap around clutch plates if you fry the clutch
And the other wire to help with the clutch plates or other needs.

ZIP ties are on the table right next to the orange handle pliers.

Hard to make out everything so, some things I can't see is extra spark plug, fuse's, flashlight, extra batteries for the flashlight and GPS. Maybe a snack bar or two.

Oh I see you have DBA stickers, :thumb: always have plenty of those :devil:

Another item that some carry is a SPOT device but they are pricey IMO.

So what!

yea i jsut gave away my batterys to Srad on T-day. I also wrap the batterys with Electrical tape. I have some wire i will get together. I have duct tape i will throw some together for small packaging. as for snacks i always bring a tuna package. they are bomb, i also have a 5 hour energy drink i carry in there. I dont drink those things very often so it stays in there pretty much. Also some old trail mix. its not bad but i usually dont eat it... kinda a emergency thing i guess. I was JUST looking at those pill size towels palmer. get em wet and they expand... :thumb: pretty cheap too. a lot of stuff like the bolts and what not i have so i just need to put myself a little kit together. All great stuff i hadnt really thought about guys thanks.

Edit: Found it.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/for...scussion/1605-what-do-you-keep-your-pack.html

Well, pictured below that goes in the Ogio vest:

15mm/17mm open end
8, 10, 12 mm combo wrenches
Wire cutters
vise grips
phillips screw driver w/ duct tape on shank
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
2 master links, and small piece of chain
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Front tube (you can use a 21" in the rear too)
Tow strap set up (1 over the seat peg to peg, the other to connect bikes)
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink
and safety meeting items :busted:

MeansMay2010002.jpg

I also sometimes carry a small backpack in addition to the flight vest with:

Jerky
A sandwhich
and 4 iced beers :busted:

This is only for a all day in the saddle ride, with no eating establishment in the agenda.