Packs and vests ... what YOU should be carrying.

dime and quarters? what? lol. i've heard that a dollar bill folded works well as a patch and if your tires flat you need zip ties and shove a bunch of leaves into the tire to semi-inflate it.

So I'd make sure to have zip ties and i didn't see it, a vice grips is very useful, especially if you break a clutch wire, lever or perch. i'd also carry jbweld and a good tube of high temp silicone.

I have the putty, I'll have to see the set-up time, same with the Aluminum weld. No time to photo the pack tonight, but I will finish the report and such tomorrow as I will be at my moms. Maybe I'll bring my pack and camera down to her house, I hate watching TV, and I can just fiddle around while I hang out.

If you take a rock to the case (and it makes a hole), place the quarter/dime over the hole and put some JB Weld around it. Pretty sure Sun's already done this with success. :thumb:

that reminds me of a joke.........TBCont'd in another thread :prof:

Something i thought about Palmer... a little tweaker screwdriver. I recall you needing one and they are small and light anyway so one went in :thumb:

I thought that the multi tool would have had a #1 tip but it didn't, just the #2. :thinking:

I have not had a chance to go over my pack so I am lacking in the photos and comments. Hell, I still have my last day RR for Tday to do.:banghead:

all loaded up just a couple little things liek some quick set JB weld :picard:

anyhow proof of how well these Ogio Flight Vests actually work..... its got everything but water and she could barely hold the thing but once its on she can walk around no problems.
248rk.jpg

Ok, we have all seen them but I will give you a front and rear how it hangs.
Front
DSC07730.jpg

Rear
DSC07731.jpg

The guts spilled out all over the kitchen table.
DSC07735.jpg

Wrenches=8,10,12,13 Axle=27,15
Alen=4,6
3 9" tire irons
Razor knife/blades
Motion Pro combo set w/ flat, philips screw driver, bottle opener, 10, 12, sockets, etc. probably more than I need but its small
Motion Pro T-handle socket set w/8,10,12,13
Needle nose vice grips
Chain breaker, master links
Wire/shoe lace
Electrical wire, tape, fuses
Patch kit
21" Tube, Pump/CO2 (2nd wind), valve stem tool
Hose clamps
Misc. bolts, washers, nuts
Zip ties/4 small bungie straps
Alum-weld, JB weld, JB stick, Sand Paper
WD-40, mineral oil
AAA, AA Batteries
Mini Mag light
Anti fog wipe
EZ-towels (add water), napkins, shop paper towels
Rubber gloves
Quart freezer bag
Cut piece of plastic bottle (to clean fork seals of grit)
100oz water (plus room for another bottle)
Trail Mix, Jerky, gum, Lip Chap,
Aspirin (well the good stuff that is prescribed) :thinking: heat patch for sore muscle

Don't pumpkins have 11mm bolts somewhere?

Anyhow the best way to know that you have what you need is to use this toolkit for all your bike work. Then when you discover that you are missing something you can decide if you want to add that tool to your kit.

Seems to me that you have a decent kit there.

Don't pumpkins have 11mm bolts somewhere?

Anyhow the best way to know that you have what you need is to use this toolkit for all your bike work. Then when you discover that you are missing something you can decide if you want to add that tool to your kit.

Seems to me that you have a decent kit there.

Was that for me? I have a Husqvarna, Travace and others have the pumpkin. I just need to learn how to diagnose FI, but I think I have it now. If anything just replace the fuses even if they look good. :foul:

My rope came in handy, just ask Rack.

To be honest, I didn't read all 5 pages of comments, so if I repeat what some of you guys have already said, I'm sorry.
A few things I think you will need, when your stuck somewhere, I would recommend bringing some good snacks. I didn't see any zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, a master link, matches, quick set jb weld.
If you have buddies who bring some beer on the trail, the cans come in handy, it's good to transfer gas in and help cover up holes in the side case when you land on a rock or your brake punches a hole in there. A little piece of the can and some quick set jb weld works great. Another good thing to have a little plastic vile of motor oil or 2 stroke oil. I have found that handy before a few times. Hope this helps.

my pic i had zip ties ... 2 kinds i guess thats hard to see. I need to pick up a extra master link and throw my chain breaker in my vest. I have been pretty much using the tool kit that came with my ktm because i dont really have a nice set of tools for my garage anyway... all mix matched and unorganized as hell. i found a mini bottle of Axe shower gel so that got emptyed out and lube filled for tire changing needs :thumb:

as for snacks bumblebee tuna makes a cracker and tuna box that is perfect for the trail. its all premixed tuna comes with a little spoon and it packs nicely.

also jsut got some of those shop towel pill things. pretty awesome. I also got the tusk tow strap and it came with a bitchen little pouch that i have mounted to the outside of my vest :thumb: